sushi

Mafia I: Catching Kira

No! *collapses on the floor.* Brassow, no, why did it have to end this way?

You murderers. You've doomed us all.

Join Mafia II: Ponyville in Danger, the forum game of intrigue and deduction!

To make your dreams a reality, you must first understand the difference.

As the sun rises on the prison again, only three souls stir within. Quetzal, known for his humanitarian (dragonitarian?) work in the Ask Quetzal thread, is no more. The questions of the teeming masses shall forever after go unanswered.

And, as the Kiras have pointed out via PM, the game could really have ended before the night, as they're both still alive and now control majority vote.

So, good game you all! Shall we have another? Would anyone be interested?

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Waitasecond. You didn't let me do my evil laugh yet.

Nor was I able to bask in my brilliant revenge plot to murder Yuki who had killed my best bud.

C'mon. I was so ready to carry out my sadistic plan.

Also, I'd totally be interested for a new game, although I think the Kira's in this game had an overwhelming advantage. I say limit it to one Kira next game. Talking in private during the day time also seemed like it gave me too much advantage, so I think private conversations between characters are best carried out at nighttime only. That way you have to plan with your partners in preparation for something that may or may not happen.

In other words:

A) Only one Kira in a six player game.

B) Kira's can only talk privately at night time.

I thought your rule B was already implied. And I guess it was really impossible for the prisoners to know who the kiras were, without there being a detective role or something similar in the game. Maybe if we get a couple more people, we can change it to a more conventional Mafia format?

Good game, regardless. (Looks like my first hunch about you was right, Laach!)

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

I'll play next game in hopes of me not immediatly dying from the mean mean mafia.

Al Capone damnit!

Sorry about that. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have killed you, but Yuki was suspecting me enough as it is. Yuki said it herself. If I had killed her, I would become suspect #1.

And good game as well.(Looks like I outsmarted you ten times over Yuki.)

Also, when you think about it, the two Kira's have an overwhelming advantage early in the game. They control one third of the daily vote. All they would need to do is hope at least one person votes incorrectly, and they could effectively make it so they controlled half of the votes. That's insane advantage from my point of view. Add that to the fact that they get one free kill, and they both know who each other are, and they pretty much become guaranteed winners. I doubt restricting private conversations to nighttime only would make it an even game.

I suppose 6/2 is just not a very balanced format. A more balanced one that I've played before is 3 villagers, 2 mafia, 1 cop (Investigates one person per night, will know if they're good or evil), and a doctor (Can protect one person from dying every night).

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

Definitely, a different balance of players would be nice.

Any thoughts on the theme? I figure a good theme might attracted in more people. I know I suggested Homestuck and MLP. Or do you think we won't attract anyone else in whichever one we pick?

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson