The Mistgod Problem

Deleted

Good. Then start threads on your ideas, reflections, and techniques on tulpamancy. Write productive posts. Otherwise the newbies will go away too, and the forum will indeed die. Post something other than derogative comments and show the new community that you aren’t only a troll. Can you do it? I’m waiting.

I try to answer questions where I can, but the lack of questions to answer is whats holding me back.

Also Mistgod is a far more pressing issue at the current time

We are all mad here

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Can anyone tell me what I wrote today or in recent days that is a worthy of a ban? I am tired of this crap too.

Can anyone tell me what I wrote today or in recent days that is a worthy of a ban? I am tired of this crap too.

No more than I already have done, but apparently you just blank out anything that doesnt line up with you thinking you are doing good here.

We are all mad here

Worthy of a ban is different, but there's this. There's also regular new threads that are basically blog posts. There's also been dozens of what amounts to PSAs about all kinds of things, which I don't know are really necessary.

Other people don't make these posts, or so many of them. They're not doing anything for anyone.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

So I think its accepted among a lot of members, new and old, that Mistgods attention seeking antics under the guise of trying to help has gone too far.

I don't know any new members that agree with you. Only old ones that aren't active anymore.

Mistgod is constantly hostile

This one is laughable. I mean I might've tried to comment on your point here, but you really screwed up with the wording. I've never once seen a public forum post by Mistgod that could be considered "hostile" in any definition of the word.

has provably driven away people who are willing to comment and talk about tulpas

True, some people have left due to their distaste with him. That's their deal. I don't personally agree with the reasons they left, but you know that already.

doesnt listen to any criticism because he thinks anyone who disagrees with him

Well, he does listen. He replies to like all criticisms. Now, whether he actually chooses to change his behavior after listening.. That's debatable. He did start posting much more on-topic threads some time ago now, so I consider that listening to and acting on criticism. Further criticisms seem unjust however.

just doesnt want to make the place better

Okay that's just a lie. You can't read his mind. He's actually trying, whether he's succeeding or not. But it sure seems like his heart is in it.

has shown a blatant disregard for anyone elses experences if they dont match up to his own, warped view of what a tulpa is

So you seriously want me to look up all the posts where he has shown an intense interest in discussing the difference between others' tulpas and his? Because there are a lot. The only times he's made bold statements about the nature of tulpas (after his earlier dramafests, which he was already temporarily banned for) were in topics specifically made to discuss the disparages he saw. And hey, they were good discussions. He took what we said into account and has changed how he thinks about tulpas a lot over time. I think you're just talking about arguments against his person, that he disagrees with. Yep, he disagrees with others' views on him being the death of the forum.

Not only this, but he has somehow gathered a group of diehard supporters who not only shut down anyone who disagrees with Mistgod

{This very post} ... QED? I mean there's always the possibility we really, truly disagree with you. But I guess, who's to say we aren't all brainwashed followers of the Mist.

but have also sent emails to members asking them to stop replying to Mistgod because Mistgod is prefection.

Alright. Posts like this are absolutely uncalled for. Heinous. Absolutely refuting all logic and babbling incoherent nonsense about this person they love and admire so much.

He has shown massive disregard for the rules including ban evading, harassment, spamming, backseat moderation, disregarding the scientific mindset, causing drama and making "baseless claims that are only backed up by your own subjective evidence and nothing else.".

Whew, that's a doozy. Okay. Ban evading, he did not do so at all during his actual bans, and the mods found it acceptable that he cancelled his own requested self-ban. It would be a bit rash to permanently ban him for returning a month before his self-imposed ban was up. He does not harass anyone, stop that. Spam... Not after his original ban for the drama he perpetuated. I always find good discussion topics in his threads as of recent. Not remotely are they actually spam, either, though they may not be as interesting to you as someone who cannot empathize with him. Backseat moderation, no. He has requested explicit mod intervention on some occasions in favor of maintaining healthy, on-topic discussion, exclusively in situations where someone else goes off topic to criticize him. I don't even know what to say about the scientific mindset thing. I don't see many people here actually utilizing such a thing. Causing drama? Pre-ban.. Yes. Post-ban, he himself has not posted a single drama-inducing thread aside from maybe the IRC post. Not an entirely necessary thread, though some of us were inclined to agree with his experience and state so in it. So not quite spam there either. Baseless... Baseless claims. Really. Claims. As if he doesn't end every "claim" with "I'm open to hearing your personal experiences! It's fine if you disagree with me, in fact I find that interesting!" Like, that's practically an exact quote I'm pretty sure.

He constantly blog posts outside of his progress report and seems to be doing his best to drown out any and all arguments against him by volume of posts alone.

He writes about his own experiences as bases for discussion. That is how someone comes to such a topic for discussion, their own experiences. And yes, he is more wordy with his own thoughts on the matter than some. But they aren't blogging, he does not write about his life. He writes exclusively about his thoughts on the tulpa-related subject at hand. The volume of his posts is in no way correlated with arguments against him. His replies to those arguments are wholly separate from his threads asking tulpas and tulpamancers about their own thoughts on holidays, lurking, or the state of the forum.

He is by far the most active member which is the only reason I can assume he has managed to get this far, but we shouldnt accept a box of shit just to give the impression we have more stuff.

Where you see "Most active member because he posts tons of garbage", I see "Staff does not ban him because he actually contributes to the forum." Same old stalemate here. One man-cer's spam is another man-cer's stimulating discussion.

So the real question is this:

After all the rule breaking, blog posting, drama causing and shunning of members, why has he not been banned? Do the mods just not care? I know the owner, Pleeb, is planning on rejoining the site in the near future and he is also gunning for answers as to why this hasnt been delt with sooner.

Because he was punished for the time that he actually broke rules and hasn't since then, does not post exclusively about himself but to give context to the discussion topics he brings up, and openly tries to make peace with those who take issue with him. The mods aren't swayed enough by the supposed issues brought up about him to take any action, as there is so much disagreement among the actual community on such. And, just maybe, the mods don't actually agree. But of course they have to refrain from stating their personal opinions as they're supposed to be unbiased. Luckily I'm not a mod and can express my opinions all I want, as long as they seem founded in logic and good-will.

Except the good-will part isn't necessary apparently. Any semblance of an actual point is allowed to be said here... Because that's an opinion, and humanity runs on opinions. There are very few facts to speak of in tulpamancy, being a subjective "soft science" and all that jazz. You know how it is.

I don't even have a point to state at the end of this post, either. I just have a strong urge to state the logical counters to claims that I don't see as effectively positive for everyone. That means I strongly disagree with an opinion and feel need to state my own. And whoever's opinion seems to make the most logical sense (or, less optimally, is the most pleasing to one with power over the situation) will be considered the "right" answer. I want you to know that I understand your side, though. It's nothing personal, we just see things differently.

And now my macaroni is cold.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I try to answer questions where I can, but the lack of questions to answer is whats holding me back.

Also Mistgod is a far more pressing issue at the current time

In other words, you aren’t contributing to the community. If you aren’t actively helping the forum to survive, it is difficult to treat you seriously.

Mistgod, for all his supposed antics, has posted a good question: what can we do to improve the forum? The answer is not tearing each other apart from the inside. These kind of discussions drive away new people.

If you want to be taken seriously and you truly care about this forum, start posting in the forum “questions and answers” and “general discussion”.

If you find none of the many recent posts to be worthy of your attention, posts written by people who contribute to the community and feel that they have still something to say, then perhaps this isn’t the place for you. Think about your situation.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

[in terms of outright hostility, i'd be more inclined to banning Jake. I haven't seen much 'contribution' aside from him raging at how awful Misgod is.]

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

I don't want Jake banned. Although I don't see it happening, I'd prefer if he just ignored Mistgod and did more to otherwise contribute to the forum. Unfortunately in these types of debates, one side usually ends up completely leaving. Sometimes it's for the best though, if two people absolutely can't get along then it's best not to force them to stay near each other. But.. Refer to prefer.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

one side usually ends up completely leaving. Sometimes it's for the best though, if two people absolutely can't get along then it's best not to force them to stay near each other.

This is why I dont get why you are on Mistgods side. Do you really believe that Mistgod is worth the seven old members I KNOW he has driven away and countless other new ones?

If someone is dividing the community this much, surely its better the get rid of the problem than it is one half of the community?

We are all mad here

Worthy of a ban is different, but there's this. There's also regular new threads that are basically blog posts. There's also been dozens of what amounts to PSAs about all kinds of things, which I don't know are really necessary.

Other people don't make these posts, or so many of them. They're not doing anything for anyone.

I agree that this kind of contributes aren’t needed. I agree that blog posts and threads which are essentially empty should not be permitted either. But the problem it’s always the same: it stems from the staff's disorganization. I mean no offence, it’s just that when everything is basically permitted and there’s little control the quality of the forum decreases. So how to improve this?

We should have more discussion moderators. People that reinforce and remind where it’s needed not to go to far off topic and not to insult each other’s.

Rules against personal attacks, as I said before. This is the bare minimum and it’s regular for every forum. Ban people who are only here to debase others.

Are the mods following this discussion? What do you think of this, are these suggestions feasible?

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]