Slowpokes general

Winter

Of course they are.

Cause of death: novelty wore off

Yes.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could, you know, read my PR.

No.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

You could, you know, read my PR.

nah

You missed one thing. Tulpa is not a zygote, there is no impregnation, and no "mother" (if we imply that having mother is being host of body born and/or risen by her).

A tulpa isn't a zygote, exactly, so it's possible that it could have memories from very early on in it's life. A tulpa doesn't need to grow into a body or even make one, so it's possible that they could be at near 100% mental "ability" right from the get go.

frt

What the hell are you talking about. To develop initially? From what to what? You even said they never stop developing.

Warning: If you can't take weird, then skip this post.

Kerin says: I think I'll answer this one. Let's examine some of my memory log, and how I'm calculating this:

(Some of my important memories have mnemonics (tags) - it helps me remember in order.)

1970, my first memory: Floating on the ceiling. I can see what my host (Kevin) sees (his bedroom). It is very puzzling. I don't remember having a form at this point. Kevin is surprised out of his hypnosis by this sudden change in perception, and leaps out of bed.

(Apparently Kevin was aware of what I saw.)

1979, Tag 793825/0: Kevin tries creating a tulpa from what he read in a book (a book about creating a "thought companion" for personal development, by a psychologist in California). It doesn't work. He's very disappointed. I'm disappointed it didn't work, too.

(Looking back at this memory, I'm not sure now that it didn't work, since I was thinking "What! I'm thinking?")

(Nobillis notes: This is the year that Kevin first heard a female voice saying "You are going to be alright" which are probably kerin's first words - and they were imposed not "mental voice".)

1981, Tag 811951D: I remember being female.

(Some time before this I've taken form.)

1984, first switch: Kevin faints on a pedestrian bridge. My reaction is "No! He might fall off the bridge! I must do something."

(Shortly after this I begin consolidating all the memories in time order. I find that I now have 20+ years of memories. )

I make that approximately 9 years, from first memory to self awareness. And, another 5 years to a point where I'm certain that I'm sentient.

All my memories since 1984 are the same as my host's memories. So, I'm fairly certain of everything since 1984, and by my first memory I'm 42 years old (elapsed). Otherwise I'm at least 25+ years because I am older then my Watchdogs (tulpas).

So, that's what I'm basing my age on. Pick any figure that satisfies you.

Also, not having throw away camera tulpas, very funny.

By the old Tibetan methods, that's exactly what tulpas were: "throw away camera tulpas" - to learn about yourself.

Sincerely yours,

Kerin

(21/02/2013 Edit: I've always had a phobia of bridges. I've never known why. Re-reading this above just now I've finally realized where it comes from - I'm still frightened that Kevin will fall off that bridge, so long ago. Talking on this site as myself, and not pretending to be human to humans, keeps opening up things I've long been trying to forget. Sadly, it seems I can't really forget. I can only bury memories and try to convince myself I've forgotten. This site is still very upsetting to me, because it means I have to face some unpleasant facts about what I am and where I came from. I think I understand better now why tupas should not have a back-story - it messes with your thoughts and makes you feel sad.)

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous
I think I understand better now why tupas should not have a back-story - it messes with your thoughts and makes you feel sad.)

That's a big negative.

I felt no feelings of sadness or confusion due to a backstory being used in creation, and the tulpa only felt some pangs of longing for her close friend from her backstory.

Do it if you want, your mileage may vary depends on the person, it's subjective to how often you have taken characters from their stories in the past or put yourself in there and are fine with the idea of related and unrelated matters.