Ask Brassow

Brassow

Yes please, I'd really like to hear about that stuff!

Well... this is a bit overdue... so please enjoy

THE FULL STORY OF BRASSOW THE TULPAMANCER

So back in Late 2013 little Brassow used some of his free time to listen to Creepypasta. In one of those he found one called "Tulpa". The conecpt he found interesting but didn't put much more thought into it nor research. At the time, his idea of a tulpa was something very servitor-esque.

On Thursday, the 9th of January, he decided to do some actual looking into the subject as the term came into his head one day. On Friday the 10th of January, he downloaded a couple of guides and got to work.

The tulpa's name was Jason, based off of the protagonist of Far Cry 3. That weekend was next to nothing but solving the enigma of tulpamancy for Brassow, he struggled to grasp the concept and understand it. With a bit of doubt in him, he decided to get to work.

Jason began showing signs of sentience about half a week into the project. Small, yet independent actions were being performed by him in the ever-changing wonderland. Little Brassow was overjoyed about this non-communicating yet sentient entity. After this, he decided to make an account on the 16th of January, 2014.

It took about a week before head pressures set in. This allowed the two to properly communicate in a way, with yes/no questions being asked most of the time. A lot of Brassow's time went towards his new found friend, and he wanted to nurture the thoughtform.

Next came vocality, which took place around two weeks in the creation process. It was short sentences at first, but they grew as time went on. Possession was attempted three weeks in, the first test being with a pencil. The instructions were simple. "Write your name." Fingers twitched slightly, but nothing else. Several days passed before a pencil could be picked up. Writing came easily afterwards, but the words were faint, little pressure was applied. A week and a half of work allowed legible words with a different handwriting (Which was noted by some of Brassow's peers being odd.)

At the one month point, the duo decided to try something new: Make a servitor. Looking at Glitchthe3rd's guide, they set about the journey of creating "Mathematical and Temporal Helper", or "MATH". the forum was an Atlas Mech from Titanfall. MATH's priorities were to use internal time and do any other tasks asked of him. Because MATH was a mech, he tended to be used by Brassow a lot for battles in the wonderland.

Time passed, and throughout the Spring little progress had been made. Both Brassow and Jason didn't know what to do, so they only posted in the forum games a lot. During the summer Jason was interacted with less and less due to Brassow's busy Summer life. The lack of attention just caused Jason to... dissipate.

At the end of the Summer, Brassow was a bit distressed about the situation. With MATH, he decided to use the equivalent of a "boot drive" for Jason at the start of Autumn. The new version (Which will be referred to as Jason v2), didn't have any knowledge of the original. With more time to dedicate to Jason v2, more progress was made than the original. Some imposition was attempted with slight results.

EDIT:Sometime before his leaving, Jason v2 was referred to as Kirito by his request.

But Brassow eventually slipped his mouth early 2015, and accidentally mentioned to Jason v2 the ORIGINAL Jason. Needless to say, Jason v2 was a bit appalled and basically ran off into the wonderland. At this point Brassow declared a hiatus on the forums.

During April, Brassow decided to give tulpamancy another try, but obviously wanted to make a few things different. On April 10th, 2015, he began work on Eva. The most obvious changes were a non-human form and a different gender than the Jasons.

Brassow did make MUCH faster progress with Eva than other attempts, most likely due to a lack of doubt on the whole tulpamancy thing as a whole. Brassow rejoined the forums with Eva as his new companion.

MATH however, had become a bit obsolete and unreliable in his long run. So Brassow and Eva decided to deactivate him. The replacement made was called "Enigma" and started as just a plain desktop computer in the wonderland, only answering "1" and "0" (Yes and No) to answer questions asked of him. Eventually he basically had his data thrown into a new mech and acted as MATH's predecessor. Enigma has since been added a few functions such as acting as memory callback (albeit slightly unreliable) and another time-keeper.

This brings us to the Mistgod drama era, where the rest should be easily found out.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Jason v2, has only been seen once since his departure into the wonderland, and he made it obvious that he wasn't fond of me anymore.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Very interesting that Jason was still around after all that! I thought tulpas tended to dissipate after no acknowledgement.

Very interesting that Jason was still around after all that! I thought tulpas tended to dissipate after no acknowledgement.

I mean, that IS what happened to the original, but maybe v2 is just made of sterner stuff. There could be some other explanation for it, but I'm not sure.

You could also ask GlitchThe3rd in a PM about it because the same thing happened to him as well.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

cool story bro

(° ͜ʖ°) I put all this effort into recalling the shit that happened just to be shat on by a "cool story bro". This is why you were never in Brassow Art.

In other news questions are still appreciated.

Hey man, he was just complimenting a bro on a cool story.

Ever attempt lucid dreaming, or have one? Interested?

Gave up like everyone else?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I have had several, but can't consistently have one. It's more or less luck for me. Will I realize that the T. rex chasing me is extinct? Maybe. Maybe not. I do try of course to have lucid dreams, like the method of holding still in bed for like 45 mins or whatever, and that sometimes works. I'd like to be able to lucidly dream more often because Eva and I can interact more... Lucidly.