Ré.

NeoGC

Hey, i'm still alive.

Sorry, life's been tossing one thing at another at me. I've been doing light narration throughout my day, as that's really all I can get to. When I find the time to really sit down and type (Maybe tonight, maybe this week, I dunno...) I'll post some stories that've happened in this time span here from memory, as they went unlogged.

Life's been super busy, and I know i've been saying that over and over for ages, but please believe me when I say that it really is. And i'm sooooo tired. :c

Listen to my story. This may be my last chance.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two months since I've even logged in. I feel terrible. I suppose I should give a small update as to what's going on.

Life has slowed down a little bit, but I have to begin making up for the past now.

At the moment, during a long car drive (Yes, it sounds stupid, but There was no traffic on the long road, so bear with me) I was putting a lot of thought into what to do about Ré...I eventually envisioned a small pod (Similar to the one the Master Chief slept in at the end of Halo 3) and told her that everything would be alright, and I explained...or maybe she could read it subconsciously...I don't remember, that we couldn't spend the same time together as we could before.

I sealed her in the comfy tube, in stasis...until I would wake her at a time where we could spend much more time together. A time where life isn't as busy as it is. I'm beginning to hope that that time is coming soon.

But I can't do this alone, guys. THe road to redemption and recovery is a long and tough one, and I'm gonna need all the help I can get to rekindle everything with Ré. I've kept her all this time in my mind and heart...in my thoguhts and emotions. I know it sounds horribly cheesy, but I've made sure that her spirit remains strong.

About a week or two ago, I was walking. It was an overcast evening, and I had my iPod in. The song, "Theme of Love" came onto the iPod. It's the song that I associate Ré the very most with.

As soon as it started, I suddenly felt an overwhelming sense of nostalgia swelling. It grew stronger and stronger, and I felt a intense sense of Nostalgia, wistfulness, and the smallest bit of joy. Realizing by the end of the song I was choked up and tears were streaming down my face (Not many, I promise!) I wiped them up and got myself together.

Was that her? Deep down inside after all this time of having to be put on the backburner because of both my life and own laziness?

I don't know...but I need you guys to know this. Help me out here, please?

Day 70

12:45 AM - about 1:20 AM

So, I did it today.

It was about 12:45 in the morning. I put all my concentration in staying focused and not letting myself fall asleep. Eventually when I felt I had relaxed enough.

I rode an elevator down into the familiar white hall that I used to reach my wonderland, the field, all the time back then.

"It's certainly been awhile since I've been in here..." I said to myself. "It hasn't even changed one bit."

I looked down the hall and actaully did see something different. Many more doors then what originally was there...they were all differently colored, and I assumed they all led to different palces.

I went the opposite way into the white door next to the elevator. It opened, and there she was in a pod.

I stared at her through the pod's window and studied how she looked. She was sleeping peacefully, appearing to be exactly as she was when I put her in.

I was actually beginning to feel anxious, so I pressed the switch on the pod's control panel to release her. The pod depressurized and smoke and whatnot came from it, and out walked Ré.

She looked around her surroundings for a second before her eyes focused onto me. We kinda locked eyes in a moment of silence before I spoke up.

"Hello, Ré. I...guess I kept you waiting, huh? I'm truly sorry. This...probably shouldn't have even happened."

Her face seemed understanding enough, and so I continued.

"I wanted you to be peaceful and in a state where time to you would pass by very quickly, instead of dreading day after day alone, overcome with boredom and solitude. I never should have left you. I'm sorry."

I went in to hug her, but she did it first. That brought me a bit at ease.

"So, I guess I deserve a slap in the face or something, don't I?"

A voice piqued up behind me. The voice of the person I was hugging.

"Nah, just THIS!"

She punched me right in the stomach. Ouch. I flinched back and could see her giggling silently. After taking a moment to get myself together, I held out my hand and said, "C'mon. Let's get outta here."

She took my hand and I could actually FEEL that sensation in my hand similar to the time we went to the river months ago. It was then that I truly knew she was back...or maybe she was never gone to begin with?

We went out into the field, and I noticed the color and lightning was much more definted and detailed than before.

"Hey, look!" Ré pointed to the ground. "It's snowin' a little bit..." we looked around, and I asked her,

"I remember the last thing we did together before we parted ways. We went to the moon."

"Yeah..."

"It was awesome. Perhaps a bit over-the-top, but that's kinda what I am, anyway. Hah..."

I thought for a moment what we could do for excitement. At first, we kinda just sat there in the grass. It was peaceful and nice. The land streched on for quite more than I even remember. I made two jetpacks.

"Why don't we...fly around? Just around the mountain over there and back."

And of course, in typical Ré fashion, she says,

"...Race ya!" and runs to one real quick and grabs it. Lifting off into the air.

"Hey! Get baaaaack!"

I grab the other one and go off after her. We make our way around the area, diving through trees and near water...it was actually quite a bit perilous. Ré may seem her usual caring, kind self, but she definitely seems more playful and daring...then again, I also made her to be that way as well.

After that, I could begin to feel myself slipping into sleep. Before I went to sleep entirely, I hugged her goodbye and said before I left,

"It's good to see you again."

She smiled, and I turned around, opening my eyes to check the time, and then falling right back asleep.

Day 71

Did some imposing and narrating. Nothing really of interest.

Day 72

1/7/2013

About 11:35 PM to around 12:08 or so.

A lot happened this time. Let me think as to where to start.

I focused and found Ré fast asleep on the side of the giant tree in the field. I bent down and quietly woke her up out of her sleep. She seemed pretty glad to see me.

I sat with her and talked for awhile. We kinda debated on what we'd do today. Finally, I spoke up.

"Remember the city that we once had ice cream at, Ré?"

She nodded, I think.

"Let's go there! I've been wanting to make a few adjustments to it for quite some time anyway."

I led her into the door I always come in through, and down the white hallway. I looked at each door until I found one with a grey light floating in the middle of it.

"This must be it..." I said. "Gray...like cement..."

I touched the gray light in the center, and it sent out a small ripple around itself, as if my surroundings were water. It only went out a inch or two from the light ,and then an entire portal to a city appeared in front of us. I led her in.

We both walked into a city with a long road going on a downwards slope. The first mission from the video game Sonic Adventure 2 sprung to mind.

Ré looked at me. "Are you thinking what I think you're thinking...?"

"City Escape? Awwwww yeah."

I made two boards appear in front of us. We sled down the street, dodging obstacles and grinding on edges and rails. Even though we both haven't ever skated in our lives, we both performed like pros. It was awesome.

Eventually, we veered off road, and onto a dirt path which led us off a giant cliff and into total free fall overlooking beautiful houses and buildings as far as the eye could see. The upper portion resembled New York City, while this lower portion seemed to resemble a more european city. Something I'd expect in a place like Florence, Italy or somewhere similar.

(Looks something like this...I know this whole sequence was pretty much Sanic-inspired but hey, it was fun. :P

http://media.sonicscanf.org/gallery/sonic-generations/rooftop-run-modern-sonic-3.jpg)

After free-falling for a while, I felt something appear over my hands and hook in. A device. It was like a hang-glider than locked you in so you couldn't fall. It landed onto a floating rail (I don't even really know at this point, but MAN it was cool) and it went up and around a giant clocktower before slowing down due to momentum, making one slow circle around.

Then, a long descent down, down, down...until we were ziplining just a few feet above city streets. The rails ended and while in mid air, the device vanished. Ré and I landed into a whole street circle that was...cushioned...somehow. Whatever the case, we were unharmed, so I couldn't argue with that.

I got up.

"A cushioned landing? I have a feeling a lot of this descent was your doing, Ré." I looked at her, but not in a disapproving way. It was really a ton of fun.

She laughed and said, "Maybe...just a little bit."

We walked back up the hill, and found a coffee shop on the way back. She got hot vanilla coffee and I got an iced Mocha frappe. We had conversations of coffee, ourselves, and just general talk. It was fun to actually be able to have a conversation, even if she still kind of speaks through my own mind-voice. (Tulpish, is what some call it?)

After the coffee, we walked all the way back to the portal and to the field, where I told her I had to go. I said my goodbyes and gave her a hug and bid her adieu.

It's kind of great to have crazy adventures again in a semi-dreamesque state. :3