A tulpa's form is illusion, even if its mind isn't.

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to a new episode of 'Melian saves the day! <3

..btw, my phone wants to call you melon. So to me you're a melon from now on. Imsorry

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Guest Anonymous

I like you too.  

But I don't know how to write anything that would benefit you guys at this point.  I will respond to others and let Melian generate new threads.  I am finished discussing tulpamancy and Melian in any depth. It's all already in the Guides isn't it?  I see no reason for any more discussion of what is written in the guides.  I agree with you guys.  It is all figured out for us already.

Hello and welcome to a new episode of 'Melian saves the day! <3

..btw, my phone wants to call you melon. So to me you're a melon from now on. Imsorry

Melian:  Melon is sorta funny and cute I guess. LOL

Davie needs to shut it now.

For Davie!  I gave him the treatment guys and now I am making him type this for me because he is  a big baby.  

Boo Hoo, Poor, Poor Baby  (rated G)  This is a very quick flash image or flash vision of Melian with one hand balled into a fist up to her eye and a baby pouting look like fake crying.  It is her way of making fun of Davie (Mistgod) when he is feeling sorry for himself.  The image is communicating "Poor, poor big baby!  Boo hoo!"  It is quite effective in helping David snap out of feeling sorry for himself.  This was used to good effect just recently this week.

I like you too.

But I don't know how to write anything that would benefit you guys at this point. I will respond to others and let Melian generate new threads. I am finished discussing tulpamancy and Melian in any depth. It's all already in the Guides isn't it? I see no reason for any more discussion of what is written in the guides. I agree with you guys. It is all figured out for us already.

There's nothing wrong with discussing new things and getting in depth. It's just most people didn't know what you were trying to say in the OP and thought you were arguing against sentience again (sorry).

You say that the tulpa's form is an illusion/figment created from the imagination, which I do agree with. But what did you believe about the tulpa's form before you realized this? I'm not trying to be mean here, but I can't see how it can be anything else. It's like saying, "Oh, a tulpa's form is a hallucination, right? So it must be an illusion!" At least, that's how it looked liked.

Now, if you wanted to add something new to this, like the discussion on perception, cognition, and memory thread you made, that's cool.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

Davie needs my help Raetin. I swear to it! He really does. From now on posts get Melian editing and approval before submission. Today I am literally taking over because he is acting like an idiot.

In fact, from now on if you don't see "This message has been edited and approved by Melian before submission" don't read it.

Dear melon, you really are exactly what Davie needs.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I just found an interesting passage in my Psychology book. This was in the Psychological Disorders section of the book, but this was talking about hallucinations specifically.

"Auditory hallucinations are not imaginary; they are real sensations correlated with increased activity in the primary auditory cortex of the temporal lobe (Dierks et al., 1999). Simply asking patients to remember or imagine sounds did not produce the type of activity in the auditory cortex seen during an auditory hallucination, indicating that the hallucination experience is different from simple memory or imagination."

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

This is huge! Thank you Raetin!

Melian's EDIT: I think the reason why Davie was saying this about imposition is that he wanted to make a point about how tulpas perceive the real world and how that relates to how they think. He just said it all wonky. He wants to say that I can't think without him thinking too at the same time. Like I need his senses and also his active imagination in order to apparently perceive things. I think he is all done talking bout these things though now.

Imposition refers generally to the manipulation of your own senses in a halluzinating way to create an illusion through your tulpa, to let it take a bigger part in your reality. So this is really basic knowledge :D

What is funny is Davie has no interest in imposition. So I really don't understand why he got so excited about this. He is a dreamer of things inside his head, not outside. He is all sullen about it now and so I am responding instead of him. I think he wanted to make some big point about how I process things and how tulpas process things. It didn't go the way he planned it, which is kinda funny.

This is huge! Thank you Raetin!

Haha, your welcome. I'm currently cramming for my finals (psychology is one of them) and that happened to catch my eye.

Melian's EDIT: I think the reason why Davie was saying this about imposition is that he wanted to make a point about how tulpas perceive the real world and how that relates to how they think. He just said it all wonky. He wants to say that I can't think without him thinking too at the same time. Like I need his senses and also his active imagination in order to apparently perceive things. I think he is all done talking bout these things though now.

What is funny is Davie has no interest in imposition. So I really don't understand why he got so excited about this. He is a dreamer of things inside his head, not outside. He is all sullen about it now and so I am responding instead of him. I think he wanted to make some big point about how I process things and how tulpas process things. It didn't go the way he planned it, which is kinda funny.

Ah, now I get it. It's definitely more understandable now that you put his ideas into one concise statement. Please continue being his editor, haha. I won't talk about it now either, I feel a little worn out myself from that argument. I was feeling a bit salty during the time, but it's a'ok now.

Progress Report