Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon

Luminesce

Full moon's tomorrow, feels slightly more festive than normal for some reason. Who knows what'll happen? For tonight, I'll just be listening to music then sleeping. I feel like trying to influence our dreams at some point in the night, so maybe I'll do that.

I'm surprised this wasn't posted before. We have a few more sleep songs, they just weren't under the right genre on our itunes.

[video=youtube]

"Let your body speak its own way, don't you know you're beautiful drifting away?" has inspired some sleep-awareness attempts in the past.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you had told Lumi a month ago that we'd make no progress aside from slight dream recall improvements, he would've said "Yeah sounds about right". I guess it's par for the course. Anyways, it's been about a month since the thread was made. Posting here every day is not enough, we need to actually do something.

I'm not sure whether I'll be the one actually going to sleep tonight however. Regardless, I'll think of something. If I'm going to be taking up all of our time, then I've got to work hard in their place.

Full moon tonight. Looks as surreal as ever. Whenever I see it, I can't imagine why everyone else doesn't feel the same reverence for it we do. Yet I can distinctly remember many, many years ago when Lumi looked at both rabbits and the moon with complete disregard. Although we have one memory from when he was I'd have to guess about eight, looking out a car window at the full moon and thinking the "Star light, star bright" wish rhyme. The moon isn't a star, so I don't know why he did that.

Doesn't matter anyways since he wished for more video games.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

Yeah I've come a long way since then I guess, as I see a rabbit in the moon and either one makes me happy just to think about.

I'll be the one sleeping tonight, so it'll be Flan and I again. Maybe. I sort of feel like having an imposition-sleepover-party for the full moon as opposed to wonderlanding, so maybe we'll have more company. Either way it's friday night and we've got no excuse to not totally mess up our sleeping schedule for the sake of lucid dreaming. Which is ironic considering a stable sleeping schedule is said to make lucid dreaming easier. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

And sleepover we did, I guess. More like a slumber party, as in a party where you sleep. Since I started this thread, every night I've been the one sleeping (which has been surprisingly little) Flan has slept beside me with our typical imposition-visualization mix. Last night when deciding where to sleep on our relatively large pillow-full bed, Lucilyn decided she wanted to sleep between us. Totally child-between-parents style, that was a little weird to think about but she seemed happy. Luckily our imposition defies space-time and Flan was able to "make room" without technically moving, since she sleeps against some pillows lining the wall.

Sleep talk, that's relevant right? Reisen and Tewi were on the other end of the bed, both sitting relatively upright, Reisen leaning on the pillows and Tewi leaning on her once we were actually asleep. I'm glad she's at least open enough to sleep near one of us, because she is very much the type to maintain her distance/stay up until everyone else is asleep. I get the feeling in a camping scenario she wouldn't even sleep in the first place just to make everyone feel safer. We (inherited from me I guess) feel more comfortable in enclosed environments, which is why I've got the pillows, so Tewi sat on the end of the bed to kind of complete that for us, since it doesn't bother her. I can't sleep in the open personally. So that she ended up close to someone is good, is what I'm getting at. Anyone remember this cute as heck picture? I think that scenario's the only case where she'd sleep near others (nowhere near that picture's cuteness unfortunately, but I mean surrounded by rabbits and maybe Reisen?). Actually, I think she's slept near Lucilyn before, because she's got the same feeling of responsibility to watch after her as she does with rabbits. There's definitely no "parent"-type stuff going on in our system so I won't say motherly, but something like that. Lucilyn's not a child, but I suppose she fits that role when you consider us a family.

I'm writing all this just to have something to talk about, because there's really nothing on topic to write. I remembered some dreams, the end. Also we should probably do some wonderlanding tonight because once we finished our game of bed-tetris I fell asleep pretty quick. But it was still nice to have everyone together, even if they were relatively asleep all night (save for Lucilyn who was awake whenever I was).

We're not weird okay? Sheesh..

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Was gonna post this in our dream thread Posted this in our progress report but I guess I'll put it here. I asked Lucilyn for ideas on what we should do in visualization last night and she immediately answered, it was kind of funny. So we decided to visit four places in our wonderland - the hot spring on the mountain, the rabbits in Tewi's forest, Lucilyn's pond (and the frogs I guess), and then the grassy field by our house to watch the moon and stars.

True to expectations it took twenty minutes to get the dimensions and water level of the pool right. Twenty eight before Lucilyn got in and like thirty eight before the others. I can't even explain to you how that time got filled, just accept that my visualization clarity really is that bad. We (me Flan and Lucilyn anyway) spent a while swimming (Reisen and Tewi sat at the wall), and at some point decided we'd try and make our way over to the forest. I fell asleep following Tewi there.

But, I woke up like 20 minutes later, and we all sat around her clearing in the forest surrounded by a lot of rabbits. I guess there are quite a few over the whole forest. And then I fell asleep again for real this time. When I woke up a couple hours later, despite being basically asleep I still went to Lucilyn's pond with her. I remember vaguely wondering if you could even pet frogs, but she managed to, so. Fell asleep again. And lastly I did manage to get us to the field to lie in, I guess a circle? Like with everyones' feet together in a * shape maybe. If you can believe it, I somehow managed to fall asleep again within a couple minutes. Crazy.

Now that, I consider a huge success in the dedication department. I also told them we should try and use the wonderland like that, even if it's just one of us alone (like probably Tewi tonight) more often, to work on our visualization and keep more of them simultaneously active. You know, on days that aren't a full moon. So we'll see what that leads to.

Lumi told me to focus on relaxing tonight, and reminded me not to treat schoolwork as work but as an opportunity to learn. I guess I needed both of those.

Nothing special planned tonight except some music before going to sleep. I guess sleep is more restful if you don't just go-to-sleep-and-wake-up like I have been.

Oh, he talked about the last two nights. It's not my fault everyone pairs me with Reisen. I don't think I really need anyone to "be close to", Reisen is just something else. I can put it very simply: I don't feel like I'm putting her at risk by being vulnerable around her. I have to be strong at all times for everyone else, or I feel like I myself am a liability to them, because they rely on me to be strong. But it doesn't seem like it makes a difference to her, she feels the same towards everyone no matter who or how they are. So with some wordless peer pressure from the others I'm sometimes more open around her than them. I guess all that means is that I don't feel like I have to be strong around her, so I can relax.

Next night, yeah, I didn't do much. Just watched them mess around in the water for a while. I knew Lumi was tired so I tried to set up the visualization in the forest for him, but he got about as far as seeing me sitting on my tree stump with the others sitting in the grass with the rabbits before falling asleep. After that it was just him and Lucilyn at her pond, and later "all of us" in the grass. Except really he only pictured Flandre and Lucilyn, the ones to his left and right in the *, Reisen and I were just "over there". It was really the effort that was worth mentioning, because the actual visualization lasted about a minute and was very iffy.

Also (think I'm replying to a Progress Report post here actually), we stare at the moon whether or not we've done something to celebrate it. Just never feels like enough.

I think I really could stare at it all night for a thousand years. But it kind of drives me crazy I can't.. Express it. It's why we keep coming back to the window. Seems Lumi feels the same way I do, always reaching but never reaching. Maybe that's why they say the moon drives people mad. Maybe astronauts are the

We're not weird okay? Sheesh..

Out of context this definitely isn't true. We're very weird. Just our obsession with the moon would probably qualify us as weird, let alone my existence.

Anyways. Lumi more specifically suggested I listen to ASMR videos to relax before bed, because he thought they might have an impact on our mood based on the night prior. (We haven't experienced actual ASMR for more than a moment in a long time, but the videos are still relaxing as always) Too bad I spent the night trying to deal with technical difficulties on our laptop, went to bed way late (4AM) and was probably the opposite of relaxed. Our laptop backlight won't turn off, and while trying the key combinations various sites suggested to do so I somehow managed to break our desktop icons, all of them being correct size but having large text fields and spacing far apart. I spent who knows how long going through different settings trying to fix that and didn't, and the laptop backlight is still permanently on instead of fading after a few seconds. I don't even want to open the laptop again.

I think I prefer Lucilyn's method of putting on a ten hour rain video on our ipod and setting it face down somewhere. After last night I think I'll settle for manually selecting songs every few minutes.

Better, I prefer music to having to worry about technology. I forgot to focus on dream recall though. That'll be my goal tonight.

This thread is going to become even larger than KruegerMeister's thread with our self-imposed daily posting. I'd say we could lay off it for a while eventually, but that's really against the whole point huh? Edit: Nevermind, he just posted seven times to cover the days he missed. Well, the thread will get big anyways.

Utterly off topic, I hatched a shiny Poliwag while reading our C++ textbook today. I also went and caught a female Ninetales with its hidden ability and got that set up for breeding. We've got a pink lopunny, purple audino, and blue politoed so far. Last will be a white ninetales, then our Pokemon Moon team will be ready. I don't know about the importance of having these pokemon to play through Moon, but I'll admit it's kind of nice/fun to collect a team of.. us. I wonder if Lumi has a good fitting pokemon. And what of the new moon rabbit pokemon? With the starter, we've got room for one more in the team.

Dealing with this stuff is really a matter of unconscious/subconscious thoughts. I underestimated what I needed to do to make myself remember to remember dreams all night, so I often didn't remember until ~15-20 seconds after waking up, which impacts clarity a bit. You can really feel the, thoughts I guess? in the background of your mind with some stuff. I made a decent conscious effort going to sleep with the intent to remember dreams. But, it remained conscious. I wasn't totally into it. It's like trying to remember something really hard like a phone number just long enough to go write it or use it somewhere else. There's a clear difference between short term and long term memory. That's the same feeling I get from last night, I put those desires in short-term form. You know, I write this stuff for myself, but sometimes I think it's so confusing to others I probably just shouldn't. Anyways..

That's it really. I'll try harder tonight if I can. Studying for a test tomorrow and I'll be waking up like an hour before I have to take it, so we'll see if I can afford the luxury of messing with our sleep.

Oopsy, yesterday's post today. Our schedule's doing another loop and I just woke up an hour ago, so I've no idea when we'll post these. "Today's" post will be in the mid-AMs I think.

I had a song I'd played on Osu stuck in my head yesterday (arrange of Reisen's theme I don't know the name of), and I had a dream that I looked it up on youtube and listened to it there. That's really funny/strange, because we know the song well enough it played in perfect clarity in-dream. Similar to the boost in clarity dreaming gives to what would otherwise be our poor visualization.

Dreams really are alluring with all these benefits they hold in front of us.