Social Media, Rules, and Moderators.

Pleeb

I personally don't like the facebook page because facebook treats you like cattle, and keeps all your information and sells it to corporations like Google. And when I say they keep all your information, I mean literally everything you have ever done there, even if you delete it. And since the government is making a new backup center, I'm guesisng they're starting to run out of room. Find out more here

Also the other guys are right only idiots use it. The risk of getting a bunch of "wiccans" here and turning this into spooky magic all over again seems too great a risk to get Google's attention. But whatever you want, I'm passive.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in Method 1 as well. And while facebook might not be the absolute best means of spreading this information, the information does need to be spread, so I have nothing against it.

~Veritas et Libertas~

I'm indifferent in how you choose the mod, as long as it's people who actually care about this board.

About going viral: I think this is maybe 1 month or so too early. Summer will be there soon and many newfriends, are going to explore the interwebs.

That's why my suggestion would be: draw people here one by one and unleash the power just before summer.

We still need a few more pictures for all this and probably more experienced members.

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto

That's rational, Bluesleeve, and I can assure you that I'm holding things back until we're #1 or close to it in the google ranks and we have a ton of sapient tulpae (including until mine is sapient).

I think we'll be fine anyway with what we've done with the social media so far, and I don't think we'll actually be going mainstream for the moment (we're definitely in that 1%-2% still). Like, I don't see the facebook page picking up either, since I won't be updating it. I have, however, added that twitter system in now, so any new topics in the General and Research board are tweeted. A similar thing is done over at DreamViews, and they've done it for years.

Everyone seems to like the Method#1 idea, so we may be going with that one.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Guest Anonymous

Because of fucking cloudflare, this reply couldn't have been sent when it was made earlier today:

I don't see why that god awful pokemon hasn't evolved yet. I like the way tulpa.info is going. I'd personally perfer not to be a small community. If we become larger, then we can get new members, techniques and opinions. We could find a new FAQ. Granted, we'd need to expand on some fronts (the resources for example), but I like it.

As for mods, I like knowing I suggested that idea. But we should be allowed to kick abusive mods. I was a mod on reddit of a relatively large community. I abused my power to an extent (banning users of reddit for saying things against the subject of the subreddit, and messing with the stylesheet, which was basically the HTML), and was removed from the list of mods. I didn't like it, but it was for the better.

I would like to like the facebook page, but I deleted my FB account a while ago. I have set up a tumblr and used my twitter account to follow you guys. One thing to note is the 140 character limit. If the system tweets something like my recent guide on pony tulpas, it would break the system if it went over 140 characters. I don't know what you have set up, but it's something to consider.

Just something to consider: Dubstep is a subgenre of music that was based off reggae, or at least the bass in the songs. It began to exist around the start of the century, but was very deep and needed good headphones to truly appreciate the music. But as time progressed, things moved away from that, with new artists bringing new, exciting styles of music creation to the genre. Some purists still exist, but are frowned upon mostly. I listen to a good deal of dubstep, and while I feel that it's hit the chasm of sorts, the music has evolved for the better over time.

That was a crappy example, but I don't see why we should try and keep the community and tulpa in general a fenced off community. I like helping people, and getting helped. I remember a post from some off the last of the /mlp/ threads, that basically said that by 2038 tulpas would be considered partially mainstream. I don't see why we can't speed that up.

And to the anon that replied to hoppip: Why should we want to prevent them from doing something? If someone wants to create an abuse pillow of a tulpa, why should we stop them?

Just a heads-up.

From the Facebook page:

Website: http://tupla.info/ -- Tulpa.Info is the leading resource for a psychological approach to the Tulpae Phenomenon.

whoops.

Just a heads-up.

From the Facebook page:

whoops.

LOL, nice catch.

@Rusher: On your moderator thing:

The moderators abusing their powers like how you described would be off the team in a moments notice.

Spoiler

Guest Anonymous

One thing to maybe stop: Mod faking.

Using the custom title option in the user CP, I have made it look like I'm a mod, sort of. Just something to note.

One thing to maybe stop: Mod faking.

Using the custom title option in the user CP, I have made it look like I'm a mod, sort of. Just something to note.

I could argue that:

• Don't try to mimic other members, especially forum moderators or administrators. If you feel like someone is misbehaving, you should report it to the forum moderators and administrators.

Could be applied to that.

Spoiler

I like the way tulpa.info is going. I'd personally perfer not to be a small community. If we become larger, then we can get new members, techniques and opinions. We could find a new FAQ. Granted, we'd need to expand on some fronts (the resources for example), but I like it.

We aren't stagnant, and there's still the constant stream of new people wondering what the fuck tulpas are. People coming her of their own curiosity would be much more likely to get into making a tulpa than someone who had tulpas shoved in their faces.

Let me put this in words you'll understand: leave someone alone and let them try MLP with their own curiosity and they'll be much more likely to get into it than someone who's constantly bombarded with pony crap