OleGL’s art thread

OleGL

(edited)

I always dreamed of having a portrait of my tulpa Lia. Because of nobody could draw her better than myself I started learning to draw. I thought that the best way to reach my goal would be some practice. The harder - the better.

This thread has been splitted from our PR thread : https://community.tulpa.info/thread-living-with-l

photo_2018-05-20_13-00-06.thumb.jpg.5e395439c8487eaabca303c4ebb937b3.jpgphoto_2018-05-20_12-58-51.thumb.jpg.933b69563dcc9f2da14e77a083e98aa5.jpg

photo_2018-05-21_23-25-24.thumb.jpg.fd7a4c41039089792c0eda8263a16816.jpgphoto_2018-05-22_00-26-17.thumb.jpg.1c4ff90299c26ebb0e24fe4dabb824b1.jpg

Edited by OleGL

Lia  -  30 Jan 2018

Art thread

PR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@OleGL

thank you.

I don't draw myself, yet I do like browsing art critique threads on other forums. Some of the biggest concerns I see is consistency in art style, preventing a picture from being to distracting/"busy" and encouraging those who draw to always study and return to anatomy as well as life-drawing.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Are you using a particular school of thought for drawing? I have been practicing exercises out of the 'drawing on the right side of the brain' by Betty Edwards, and following some youtube how to draw videos... and drawing everyday with my four year old... but I have not seen any progression... except in my four year old.

PS, I like what's here.

(edited)

No, I just copycatted all the hell out there: faces, machines, birds, flowers. I bought the Wacom One S tablet and had some practice in the SAI2.

Then I asked Lia to make a posture and used a 3-d model of a human skull as a visual reference.

That's it.

Edited by OleGL

Lia  -  30 Jan 2018

Art thread

PR