[ARCHIVE] Timer's Tulpa Thread: Five Tulpas, One Host, and A Floating Island

TimerBunneh

As Darlene always told me, 'don't worry about it, there all the time in the world and it's not a race.'

Just keep them in mind, put little reminders around. That can be a note or a necklace (like the one in my pfp that I have hanging over my desk.)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Darlene always told me, 'don't worry about it, there all the time in the world and it's not a race.'

Just keep them in mind, put little reminders around. That can be a note or a necklace (like the one in my pfp that I have hanging over my desk.)

I actually have my lock and home screen on my phone set to pics of two of my tulpas, and three of them are part of my desktop wallpaper. But I agree, I need to step back and relax...if I didn't have anxiety, it would be done a lot more often x.x (Or get different kinds of reminders, even. Speaking of which...)

Update (10/24/19): Late last night, a good chunk of the right side of my body (namely my right ear and right arm, even my right hand) suddenly became rather warm. I contacted my tulpas and asked them if something was wrong, although I didn't do so as calmly as I usually do--this warmth was a lot more widespread than it usually is, making me freak out a little bit. It turns out they were feeling ignored, and honestly, I don't blame them. I've been face-first in multiple hour-long+ videos a day for the past...three days, maybe. It was Rasmus, however, that snapped me to it:

"You don't just ignore a pet or your kid like this, lassie! We may not be either of those things, but we're as darn close as you can get!"

...something along those lines. I remember the first part, anyway.

I immediately snapped to attention and began researching some exercises. Looks like I'll be reporting a lot more from here on.

PR Thread | Q&A Thread (Tulpas Only) | I'm on the Discord as Timer

My tulpas type in many different colors!

Update (10/25/19): Hoo boy, so let me tell you all about yesterday.

I had a wave of stress come over me in the afternoon that nearly drove me insane. (May as well have felt like that, anyway.) All of a sudden, I stood up from my computer chair and tucked myself into bed...except I didn't. This was, almost undoubtedly, a case of full-body possession. How do I know? Simple: I wasn't able to speak.

I asked my tulpas what was going on through mindvoice, and it all boiled down to "you need to calm down". In other words, this was done without my consent--a first, and normally something I would not allow at all. However, if there's one thing I and at least three of my five tulpas know, it's that when I'm stressed, really bad things tend to happen if I'm left at a computer. Such things tend to be irreversible mistakes, in fact.

After about an hour and a half of being left to my thoughts, I got myself out of bed and the day proceeded on as if nothing bad happened. (Well, mostly, except the other bit did not involve my tulpas.)

That sounds like a switch if you're not able to speak, you were blocked. I might be wrong, but posession isn't that strong. My first switcg was like that.

Vesper can possess that strongly, though she would need to anticipate that I might speak and choose to lock me out of doing so. But if you are still conceptualizing things happening to the body as happening to you, you haven't switched out.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Those are both very interesting inputs! Thanks, guys. I was still aware of everything, so I personally consider it possession instead of a switch--just a very unexpected one.

Update (10/26/19): Nothing (that I remember) happened until late last night, when I invited my tulpas to impose if they wanted to--except this time, it was in the local home improvement store with my dad. Once again, Mamoru was happy to oblige. He tugged at my dad's clothes a little, so I had to explain to him that my dad couldn't see or feel him like I could. He was pretty down about it.

I may have to start looking into local meetups, if there are any.

UPDATE (10/27/19): I really need to start writing things down.

• I had another sleepless night and was bracing myself for a seizure--when Richard decided to impose! (Or I could have asked him to. I forget.) He helped me stay calm in the midst of the whole thing, having a nice little conversation to keep my mind focused on other things.
    He also decided to stick around after I got out of bed, just in case I needed anything. Both of these helped a lot.
  • Late last night, I started to wonder just how separate my tulpas were from me. It made me rather stressed, so I hopped on the Discord and asked. Someone linked me to a guide, and I've been reading it today. I'll report results tomorrow.

Stress and anxiety are doubt fuel.

That I can vouch for. Knowing that I have anxiety doesn't help either. Bweh.

Anyway,

Update (10/28/19): Writing stuff down now. Yay!

• My mom picked up a pair of devil horns either for Halloween or for the heck of it. (Not quite sure.) None of us were amused, but Richard was especially peeved. He knows my mom did it all in good fun, but he was still ticked off a good bit.
  • Related to the last update: The preliminary separation exercise the guide mentioned almost worked...almost. Unfortunately, Mamoru was made rather upset by the concept of separation, believing he would be severed from me. Even with the explanation, he was still uncomfortable. The exercise has since been put on hold, and I'm considering doing solo sessions (one tulpa at a time) if I pick it up again.