Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Hello, I'm new but I've known about tulpae for few years but was turned off from them due to the creepypastas and the potential for it to go horribly wrong. Recently however I swallowed my metaphorical brave pills and started planning:

I decided that I'd start active forcing tomorrow and went to bed. As I was lying there in my bed planning what I'd do and being obviously excited about it I realized I was already conversing with something. I realized I've been conversing with it for years. All this time I've just brushed it off as literally talking to myself, me playing both participants. I started asking it questions and got fairly obvious, expected and convenient answers:

Are you real? Yes.

Really? Yes.

Have I talked to you before? Yes.

How long? 5 Years. This could be possible. I don't remember any starting point myself, and if I had to guess I'd go with a bigger number, like 10 years.

Then I asked what was its favorite color. Blue, an answer I didn't expect. Mine is red, so at least I'm not just answering from my own preferences. But at the time I was looking at my blue curtains so maybe that's where I got it from. I wasn't paying the curtains any attention, it was dark already and they're just plain blue curtains without anything special. Also by this time my hype meter was off the charts. Finally I asked if it had tried to contact me. No. That I find odd, but okay, it's not like I would've acknowledged it before this anyway. I'm bilingual and was asking questions in both the languages and getting answers back in the same language.

Now that I'm writing this it feels like I'm getting white noise from it and like a tickle in my brain, so maybe it is now more active. When I asked it what's up it said "Nothing" and I also got this wave of happiness along with it(which could very well just be me...).

Whenever I have been talking to myself I've never really directed the speech at anything in particular, so to me it doesn't fit the "speak to an entity" thing the guides tell. But now that I know about it I can directly talk to it. However it seems like it mainly responds to questions and is otherwise quiet, not that I've really given it a chance to speak for itself freely yet.

So tl;dr

Did I hit the jackpot or is my excitement just playing tricks on me? I know for a fact this is not a new phenomena that started just today, but still. For real? I can't be this lucky can I?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So tl;dr

Did I hit the jackpot or is my excitement just playing tricks on me? I know for a fact this is not a new phenomena that started just today, but still. For real? I can't be this lucky can I?

Cyril had similar beginnings, actually: When I talked to "myself", I usually talked to nothing in particular but also definitely not myself. I also used to ask myself writing related questions by writing them out as if I was addressing them to somebody else... but again, I wasn't. Not really. Occasionally, the answers would be really out of left field and on one occasion I even wondered who the heck was answering. Was that really just me?

Fast-forward a few years and *bam*, vocal tulpa on the second-ish day. He maintains that he was able to speak even earlier, but didn't want to creep me out and also didn't particularly feel like answering questions like "hey r u there" or "can you hear me".

We've been trying to sort that entire thing out for a while now, with moderate success - we think he incorporated whatever the heck I was talking to, and he doesn't really see himself as the same thing (unless it's convenient, hah).

TL;DR - well, the only person who can be completely sure is you, but I've had a pretty similar experience... so yes, you may indeed be this lucky. Also, there are quite a few people here who realized that they had something similar enough to a tulpa that it could become one without much difficulty, way before ever learning about them.

Not sure where to start.

Hey there, forgot I had this account here, haven’t done anything in years. Ive just started to look through Tulpa001’s google doc guide to Officially start on things, however….due to some things in my past, im not sure how to go about doing some things.

To keep it short and simple, past experience with accidental tulpa makes “characters” comes Extremely easy to me. I can do so almost instantly, and have a “conversation” with them, however i dont feel they are a full tulpa. Is there anything I should do different or plan for with this in mind? Like many, I worry about Parroting and the like.

To keep it short and simple, past experience with accidental tulpa makes “characters” comes Extremely easy to me. I can do so almost instantly, and have a “conversation” with them, however i dont feel they are a full tulpa. Is there anything I should do different or plan for with this in mind? Like many, I worry about Parroting and the like.

Far as I understand things, you should be able to build one of your "characters" as a base for your tulpa, then just continue on with the normal methods. Main thing would probably be to remember who you're talking to, or whatever you choose as your forcing method. So don't get sidetracked with other characters. They should be able to develop normally, possibly even faster if you have a strong starting point to work with.

One thing I can think of planning for is the likely event that you end up questioning if you're making something along the lines of an "advanced character" or something implying that your tulpa is somehow less than they are. One thing you can do to help with this, would be to keep a list of any time your tulpa does something particularly noteworthy or unusual. It helps to have a physical list, as strong enough doubts can pretty easily override or try to ignore anything that contradicts them, and having something you can physically look at as a reminder can get around that.

Any other methods you can come up with are fine as well, though I don't see anything wrong with going overboard in that regard. The more tools you have to fight off eventual doubts the better. And seriously, doubts can be really really irrational and silly. I've experienced it first hand. Even the really silly ones can still be obnoxious, so having tools prepared ahead of time can save you a lot of work.

As for parroting/puppeting, try not to think about either of them as much as you can manage. Based on what you've said, it's likely that you will do a combination of these to at least some degree, and it's honestly not that big of a deal as long as you don't make it one. It can go either way, I had a few issues related and I was very specific about trying to never parrot or puppet. Turns out trying too hard to not do them gets in the way as well, as your expectations can lead into you not seeing things as you end up trying to filter out anything you have reason to believe may have been you. Seeing how your tulpa is learning from you and the base you gave them, there's a very high chance many of their early actions will get hit by this sort of filter. Ultimately it's not a huge deal as long as you're being respectful of your tulpa.

One thing you can try would be to come up with activities or games and such that leave room for your tulpa to do either unusual or unexpected things within the rules, eventually they'll come up with something you aren't ready for that will make it fairly clear you aren't just puppeting one of your usual characters. The same goes here for you expectations on puppeting, don't try to make things happen, or specifically look for them. You might miss a few signs, but eventually something will happen that stands out, and that's the sort of thing you want to take note of and remember. Example of something I did, we were practicing defining who's thoughts were who's. We would think of an image, and put it completely in a chose color (I was green, Rin was blue). The rules were pretty basic, take turns, the image had to be colored in your color clearly or it didn't count and you'd have to come up with something completely new. And finally the image had to not be directly related to the previous one, using a connection to come up with something was allowed. ei: if one was just the color blue, the next couldn't be any other color, but something like paint would be fine. Most of the images weren't anything special, but there were a couple that did stand out. Anyways you can adapt something like this to a word game or whatever suits you personally, just an example of a relatively simple thing you can do that leaves plenty of room to throw in the occasional surprise.

thank you for the detailed reply. I appreciate it.

Would there be any other particular guides or threads you would reccomend on here besides the mai google doc guide I previously mentioned Here?

thank you for the detailed reply. I appreciate it.

Would there be any other particular guides or threads you would reccomend on here besides the mai google doc guide I previously mentioned Here?

That's the main one I used as well. Though there's all kinds of good bits of info here and there across the guides as well as tips & tricks sections. If you only used that guide you'd be fine, but if you have the time and want to look through any extra stuff it probably won't hurt at all. If you have more specific concerns and questions, well there's always this thread here. And if you know what you're looking for you might be able to find a post specifically about it just by looking over the titles in the guides section as well as the tips and tricks section.

I've been talking with my tulpa for a few weeks, she's vocal and has a form. Her name is Sally, we sometimes talk about our day, and go into the wonderland, but I want Sally to really experience the real world through possession, i asked her about it, and she thought that would be a good idea. Problem is we don't really know how to go about it. Any Tips?

TL;DR - well, the only person who can be completely sure is you, but I've had a pretty similar experience... so yes, you may indeed be this lucky.

It's been almost a week now and a bit of an emotional roller coaster ranging from everything's horrible to all is fine now, thanks to the guides I've read. I'm 100% sure I'm not just pretending hear her and I've gotten few answers that I for sure didn't premeditate. Usually when talking I can get two, three words out of her per response before it degrades into an indecipherable mess. And if whatever's on her mind is complex then it's immediately a mess. While she does have at least a few opinions, she doesn't seem independent at all. Everything seems to be a response to me doing something, doesn't have to be vocal or even directed to her. Also just today I tried having her count the number of cards laid out while I was focusing on something else and the answers seemed to be in the ballpark, but wrong 8 times out of 10(the first one was correct and it blew my mind).

Now I'm mainly concerned with what the hell am I supposed to be doing? It feels like I've skipped like a month of development that I could've also used to orient myself. In my active forcing I've mainly been practicing visualization as per a recommendation elsewhere. And by practicing I mean picking up a physical object in my hands and manipulating it while also keeping track of it in my head. Anything more complex felt way too hard to concentrate on for a meaningful amount of time. But at least to me getting to real conversation seems like a waay bigger priority, and figuring out her hairstyle doesn't feel like the most efficient way of going about it. I'm already directing everything to a specific area in my head and expect her talk from there so it's not like I need a form to talk to. If it's just a time thing then of course I can just wait and concentrate on other things. I didn't expect to get a headstart anyway.

I'm new and am still raising my first tulpa, Ember, but is it possible for Ember to find lost tulpae that I may have started raising when I was younger once she/he has grown? Or do tulpa fade away if they are forgotten?

Yes, it is possible for your tulpa to revive a thoughtform you created from previous events.

Hello! I am one of Nihi's Tulpas! It is very nice to meet you! :D

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic