oh no, we used to show up, but we must have fallen off... Reddit shows up for "tulpas" as the 7th result, after businessinsider and fandom.com... weeeird, and even weirder is what happens when you use duckduckgo instead

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tulpa&ia=web

Wikipedia -> tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa -> tulpa.info -> paranormalauthority.com/tulpa -> psychonaut wiki -> tulpa.io -> wikihow -> imdb -> creepypasta.fandom.com -> reddit.com/r/tulpas, as the very last result of the page

it's almost as if google's search results are incredibly biased because $$$$$$$$$$

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I found tulpa.io long before the tulpa.info wiki, and I found the Sub reddit for twin peaks before I found the tulpa.info wiki. I didn't get to the subreddit or tulpa.info itself.

It bothers me how much of a game changer Youtube or even Facebook can be. I found a bunch of deviantart and Instagram stuff as I was scrolling down, but the big ones seem to be blogs like the how stuff works blog.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Hm,  when I first looked up "tulpa" a couple years ago r/tulpas was one of the first results. I think I found tulpa.info too but not the forums (I found the forums after a couple weeks, probably through reddit). Given that people generally don't look past the first page when googling, the current search results aren't great...

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

It's pretty easy to see if you take one of the results and check out more info about their sites, who owns them, stock holders, partnerships, etc. I saw TV tropes had a looong chain of connections and didn't go all the way to finding where Google is in that chain because of how complicated it is and I'm not going to spend all my time on researching that right now, but it goes like this: TV tropes partnered with Hulu, Disney owns a majority of Hulu, a lot of big companies owns their share of Disney and it just goes on and on..

A lot of it might also have to do with Google ads, sites with the most Google presence wins the lottery of the firs pages. A lot of those sites have data collection in common and everyone knows how Google like their data, so a biased algorithm would more likely choose to support the future success of Google by for example leading people to give away their private information

Edited by Matsuri

Just did the duckduckgo search and tulpa.info was the second and the third and fifth result with wikipedia first. 

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

With Bing, tulpa.info was number 2 with wikipedia as the first result

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Guest changed the title to .