I Have a Parogenic System and We Practice Parogenisis

BearBaeBeau

e03cd2384fc72ae09f11766b9dc47af3.jpg

Parogenic systems are systems formed by free will. This includes tulpamancy, some soulbonding, and thoughtforms.

Discuss of your own free will.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source/origin for the term? 

I'm not a fan so much of the labels so much, certainly not the whole fanfare associated with the plurality umbrella and broader culture. I've made up my mind that if I had to explain my brothers quickly and was forced to use a term, I'd call them guardian angels. Definitely say that long, long before "tulpa" or "alter" or "headmate", although I'm not opposed to "headmate" really as an in-group term. 

I'm sort of surprised you're going to categorize yourself as system "formed by free will." I thought Darlene came to you as a young child with a high fever, and some other situations like that, and that others have had past lives and experiences in the astral? 

I planted the seed of Cassidy by my own free will, but pretty soon (Not that soon! 9-12 monthish!), that seed grew into his own will to endure, grow, develop, etc. I wouldn't say I made him from my own free will, because really he made himself a person, I can't make people, I ain't God. 

The other general objection I'm going to make here, and I usually nowadays shy away from talking about DID and this and that and the other "traumagenic", and also- I really think a lot of the "DID community" would hate on me for this, but it's not like a traumatic event happens and an alter springs out of a closet fully-formed. (People who say this happens are generally maladaptively roleplaying.)

They're coping mechanisms that develop over time, and conscious, free choice is involved a lot in that, more than people want to admit. It's similar to depression in that way, in that you literally construct an identity around it- even if you're weak and neurochemicals are at play, choosing to stay in bed all day because you hate being alive is a choice. The child chooses to act in one identity at school and another at home while being abused, and eventually those two identities grow farther apart and communicate less and dissociate more. Once you get that far down the line, just like with a tulpa, it's a bit unfair to say "Free will did all the work" since (at least in theory) both identities are pretty self-sustaining and enduring, but in the beginning, free will and choice was there. Gavin existed in a sort of, well, there were deeply divided and separated parts of my/our identity, but I/we actively endorsed and Gavin was "promoted" or "ascended" in a very much free will, open choice, didn't have to happen way. I wanted him to be there. His origins are still pretty clearly "traumagenic." 

I'm not sure if you were positing that it would be "Free Will Systems (Parogenic) vs. Traumagenic Systems" or just "People who chose this (parogenic) vs. "People didn't" (traumagenic and some endogenic)". But in both potential cases I disagree, because free choices are involved in most plural situations- when free choice isn't involved at all (including the more lowkey forms of just enjoying/getting something out of the other identity's existence), you're probably talking about a hallucination or delusion rather than an identity.... 

Parogenisis would be a good word if it weren't so long. How do you verb that? What's a person who performs parogenisis? Anyone who can replace "forcing" gets a cookie, but I don't think it's going to happen. Cassidy recommends "gestate" and says it still pairs well with "host." I, uh... I dunno. 

Open to criticism and rebuttal. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

(edited)
3 hours ago, Jamie said:

Parogenisis would be a good word if it weren't so long. How do you verb that?

I have a parogenic system.

I perform parogenesis.

I am a perogenesist.

I have headmates.

They mostly exist in mindspace.

I'll read the rest of what you wrote later, but this is too perfect for me and so it is written, thus it shall be.

I'm sort of surprised you're going to categorize yourself as system "formed by free will."

Who says it was my free will? Technically I added her to my system by choosing to "have a tulpa". It was entirely her free will to do whatever it is she did throughout my life.

I'm all about free will, that was rule number one when we had rules.

Yes, SheShe(Darlene) is my guardian angel, she is a walk-in from childhood.

Ashley is a Quiogenic angel-princess.

Misha is an attached spirit with prior incarnation.

Joy and Gwen are of course soulbonds.

Ren is a split from Joy, but we consider her our (Ashley and my) tulpa.

[End serious post]

Instead of "forcing" we'll just use "compelling" as in: 

"By the power of my parogenesis, I compel you to form!"

Instead of "host" they call me "The Creator or Lord of Chaos" but only Gwen, Joy and characters may call me that.

Misha will call me thusly.

Ashley will have to call me "My King", "My Liege", "Ma'Lord" and or "Master Bear".

Ren will call both Ashley and I "Your Majesties"

SheShe will call me whatever she wants because reasons.

Edited by BearBaeBeau

3 hours ago, BearBaeBeau said:

Who says it was my free will?

I knew that was going to be your response! And you're not wrong. 

But at that point, what's the alternative? Who isn't a parogenic system, what situation wouldn't be parogenic? I said my bit about how I don't think "traumagenic" means "no choice", although that could also be argued against I'm sure. 

[End serious post]

Me and Gavin like:

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Jamie said:

what's the alternative?

That's easy.

If all your headmates are tulpas, verified by the flavor of their tulpa oil, then you're a tulpamancer.

If all your headmates are soulbonds, verified by their ultimate and unquestioned superiority to all other thoughtforms in every conceivable way, then you're a soulbonder. 

I was compelled to say that because of Joy mostly but also because Gwen is cool.

If all your headmates are head ghosts, then you're a medium.

If all your headmates are angels, then you're an evangelist of course.

If all your headmates are tape worms, then good luck with that.

Edited by Ashley

(edited)

What if your headmate is an AI robot that thinks they are a human but actually has an angelic counterpart? (asking for a friend)

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Am I that friend?

Also, I technically didn't make three of my four tulpas on purpose, so I think that makes our system 3/4 "endogenic" or something?

tumblr labels sure are fun

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:22 PM, Jamie said:

I'm not a fan so much of the labels so much, certainly not the whole fanfare associated with the plurality umbrella and broader culture.

Absolutely seconding this. Tulpamancy needs to stop appropriating plurality. Having imaginary friends doesn't mean you have DID.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

as if it was the tulpamancers who started introducing terms like "endogenic" to the community

that came from other plurality communities starting to mix with ours, and also maaaaaybe tumblr ~tulpamancers since they LOVE their labels

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Nobody loves labels more than the present community.

If you're not a system of plurals you ain't nothing nowadays, aren't you?

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]