What did the tibetans knew about tulpae?

motorheadlk

A thought just passed through my head, we know the word tulpa is a tibetan word meaning thoughtform and that they are probably some of the guys that originally created them, even so, how come there is nothing about it in books? Is there somewere where I could find for example the original forms of medidation, which we call tulpaforcing, that they used?

What do we actually know and don't know about what they did to create a tulpa?

What were they able to achieve and we didn't, and what we do and they didn't?

For example, did they know about possession and switching? Or did it originate here?

Anyone could recommend (if there is any) some books about the tibetan vision of tulpae?

I mean, there's got to be something about it, I know a lot of people made tulpae by accident and that would explain how we could create them without previously knowing they existed, but how come we even know the word tulpa then?

Maybe that's actually a really debated subject, but since I'm here only since october I can't tell, even if I'm here a lot. The search tool haven't helped too.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much, so don't take my word for this.

The Tibetan monks that practiced it were pretty reclusive and secretive, and still are. Of the few Western travellers who visited them and wrote on the subject - most notably Alexandra David-Néel - pretty much none of them are really taken seriously. David-Néel, as you may know, wrote about her experience with making a tulpa, and how it later had to be destroyed as it gained a life of its own. That was in the twenties, and the book - "Magic and Mystery in Tibet" might be available somewhere (look in libraries rather than just on the Internet). Failing that, the account is also available in a 1990s Reader's Digest - "Mysteries of the Unexplained".

Of course, that was just a few minutes' research on my part, so perhaps you already know of this.

As far as I know, there isn't much more literature than that, and practically no reliable study at all. Maybe someone else can say differently.

I don't know much, so don't take my word for this.

The Tibetan monks that practiced it were pretty reclusive and secretive, and still are. Of the few Western travellers who visited them and wrote on the subject - most notably Alexandra David-Néel - pretty much none of them are really taken seriously. David-Néel, as you may know, wrote about her experience with making a tulpa, and how it later had to be destroyed as it gained a life of its own. That was in the twenties, and the book - "Magic and Mystery in Tibet" might be available somewhere (look in libraries rather than just on the Internet). Failing that, the account is also available in a 1990s Reader's Digest - "Mysteries of the Unexplained".

Of course, that was just a few minutes' research on my part, so perhaps you already know of this.

As far as I know, there isn't much more literature than that, and practically no reliable study at all. Maybe someone else can say differently.

Yes, that' something I knew, but even so I was hoping to get a book written by a monk that knows the origins of the knowledge of tulpae. I'll check the book "Magic and Mystery in Tibet", too.

There's a movie about it somewhere.

Yogis in Tibet? It's something I've found when I searched for tibet and tibetan on the search tool, a post by Koomer/Oguigi with the movie, where they made fun of his idea of going to tibet. Weirdly enough, if I have money and time one day, I would probably do that.

I would also be interested in researching more about what Tibetan Monks believe about Tulpas. I also only know a little..But I do know they have been doing it for centuries though.

I guess a lot of people are interested in it, maybe I'll send a pm to Pleeb to know where he discovered tulpae and then maybe he can point me a irection to search for what I look.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

I've found a download for the book in case any of you would like a copy of it. "Magic and Mystery in Tibet", except it's under a different title, "With Mystics and Magicians in Tibet". It's the same book though, i think.

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/3303827

Click "regular download", wait 60 seconds, then continue to download the file. After downloading, it opens up in a .pdf file. I think this is the entire book, the physical copy of the book has 321 pages on it (according to Amazon), but the pdf file has 228, but there are more words per page. the Table of Contents is corresponding to the physical copy of the book, and not the pdf file.

I didn't have much time to look at it yet, and i'm not sure what the book is about, but i think this is the book that was mentioned above.. It's 6:00 am and the Redskins vs Cowboys football game is in 10 hours (go skins), so i better head to bed. I will edit this post at some point to give further confirmation that this is the actual book etc, but at this point I've gotta go to bed.

If for any reason you want me to send it to you in a .txt or .pdf file via email i can do that too.