Advice for getting comfortable.

Yesterday I had a good forcing session where I actually got into a near-sleep state and heard bell chimes in my head.

Today, I did not have a very effect session after four attempts.

I mainly lay down while forcing and wear closed ear headphones for listening to soft music which helps my concentrate. The problem is that it is very hard to get into a setup where I do not feel starved of oxygen from a bad neck position or have the headphones pressed hard on my head due to a pillow.

My head also seems to be very sensitive to pressure which can make even getting to sleep on some nights hard.

So anyway, how can I better prepare for forcing sessions and get into a more relaxed state? (Dulling skill pressure on my head, better methods to lower heart rate)

I always have to recommend meditation.

If you've already tried that, then all I can say is "be more creative".

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

What Kiahdaj said, plus a little thing I figured out myself some time ago (it works for me, I don't know about others):

if you concentrate on your legs and/or arms and try to make them feel numb and "lock them in place" they will start to feel numb and more comfortable. This would probably happen anyway after a while if you do meditation, but it happens more quickly.

I don't think this would work too well for the head though, but give it a try.

Also if you have problems with breathing maybe you want to look into zen meditation:

Breathing becomes really deep during zazen apparently, but I can't speak from experience because I didn't try it yet (I just found out about it).

>if you concentrate on your legs and/or arms and try to make them feel numb and "lock them in place" they will start to feel numb and more comfortable. This would probably happen anyway after a while if you do meditation, but it happens more quickly.

>try to make them feel numb and "lock them in place"

How?

It's funny, I actually did that last night while trying to sleep, before I read noob's comment.

I'm not sure how to describe it, and it may well work differently with different people, but for me, I'm pretty sure it starts with me focusing heavily on my limbs, and the fact that they're still. Not moving. Etc. And then I stop focusing on them, and detach myself from them, in a way.

I dunno.

I probably butchered that explanation.

And like I said, it might not work that way for everyone anyway.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

It's funny, I actually did that last night while trying to sleep, before I read noob's comment.

I'm not sure how to describe it, and it may well work differently with different people, but for me, I'm pretty sure it starts with me focusing heavily on my limbs, and the fact that they're still. Not moving. Etc. And then I stop focusing on them, and detach myself from them, in a way.

I dunno.

And like I said, it might not work that way for everyone anyway.

Exactly like that.

If you lay in bed and don't move at all after a while your body will begin to feel heavy and numb, you are trying to recreate that feeling.

I probably butchered that explanation.

Ditto.