Enny

Incorporating forcing into nightly RP's?

I really feel like a bother asking, but I need a bit of help here. I've been working on a Tulpa (to some degree) for maybe four months. I mostly narrate, as I'm a grade-A procrastinator when it comes to forcing. I've received no vocal, nor emotional responses by this point, and am becoming the tiniest bit.. Distraught, I might say. I've managed to go over personality a few times, but have major difficulties with anything else.. Now to explain what I'm asking.. Since around the age of four (I'm 15, now), during the night, I've always kind of.. Role-played with myself. I'd go about life in another world, interacting with its inhabitants, creating fun scenarios, so on, so forth. As time moves on, and I move into different worlds (view profile picture, if you'd like to know of the current), visualization, and things affiliated, became much easier. By this point, I could move about a moderately sized town, going about daily life. I have a job, a love interest, etc. Easy as can be. However, when I began forcing, what I thought would be fairly simple, with my generally fair visualization, has proven to be near impossible for me. I close my eyes, trying to create a wonderland. I can see naught in my mind's eye. I make an attempt at the form of my Tulpa (Miriam), and again, I can see nothing.. I've made several attempts by this point, and the lack of results are becoming a bit irritating.. I may be wasting my time asking, but It'd REALLY help with motivation if I were actually able to do this stuff. Anyone have any ideas at all on how I might incorporate forcing, into my RP's without excessive parroting? Yes, yes. It's my head, I should know it well enough to form a viable solution. Easier said and thought, than put into practice. My mind is an absolute arse when it comes to forcing, and I'm desperate for outside help. I've no fruits to bear for my effort this far, and I'm becoming discouraged. At the very least, reassurance could help me feel a bit better.. And if no ideas with my RP's and how to incorporate, anything else that *may* help is welcome. Thank you all in advance, and I apologize for my lack of uhm. Paragraphs. I'm on mobile, and it's getting late.. I'll see if I can fix it later.. But thank you!

If you only knew what all this cost - What she gave up, just to save her art

What is fashion, fashion without love? Like an odradek, a spool without purpose

It sounds like you can easily get into roleplaying but when it comes to doing "work" in your mind it suddenly becomes a chore. My only advise is to not stress it so much, you don't "need" to work on your tulpa, just do it whenever however, it's supposed to be fun.

This is a bit of a problem this community has, it treats tulpa creation like such a mechanical and literal process. Nobody can really tell you specifically what you have to do, but only you can really know the best way to make your tulpa. Whatever that way may be, it's going to feel the most natural.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

I know that it's 'supposed' to be fun.. I really don't try and treat it like some incredibly boring process either. But when I'm limited to narration, and traits, I can't help but feel put down. Reading about other people's wonderland experiences depresses me, because no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to create a wonderland of my own. Same with the form. I know the body inside and out, yet when I'm trying to actually force it, I get nothing. I'd love for it to be fun. Hell, narration in itself is pretty fun. Traits are moderately enjoyable. So I'd say I enjoy about 75% of what I can do. Thanks nonetheless, friend!

I find, having trouble concentrating means you don't know what information to put there, so you just ignore it. Where exactly is your wonderland? Is it an easy place to concentrate in? If not, you might want to change it. Do you have somewhere super easy to remember? Like a childhood home or maybe some place in a dream you had? Just some place that can pop into your head without a second thought. I had problems concentrating, until I realized I kept thinking about a place I knew as a child. Then I just realized, well, I may as well use that place instead.

That's good that you're at least having fun with the tulpa itself. Semi-related, how exactly does it look? Asleep or awake? A big mistake people make all the time is making the tulpa look asleep or generally not alive, which completely conflicts with your goal of convincing yourself it's alive.

I can easily see one beginning to get depressed and doubtful after months, I know I did. Patience, meditation, and exploring the mind is the key.

Thanks for the replies. I've been through three or four locations in my mind, progressing from well-known, to unfamiliar. It's like.. A light, flickering, on and off. I can vaguely see the place for just a moment, and then it's all gone. Of course, even that is a rare thing. Most of the time, it's just the back of my eye-lids, and nothing in vision of my mind's eye.

Regarding position, she's generally on her legs. Though I've made attempts where-in she's on her back, side, etc. Same in and out visuals as is with the Wonderland, if anything at any given time. It just feels like I'm in the minority of people who are simply-put, awful at forcing, or something. She hardly even feels as.. There as she had in months past.. Of course, I try and keep faithful, so I'm not overly worried, I guess.. If I have to narrate until she can speak, and she has to do without a body, I guess that would be that, but uh.. Ya know, I hope it doesn't come to that :l

May I ask what's so different between your roleplaying worlds and the place where you force? This seems pretty weird, it sounds like you're giving them two different associations and it's causing problems.

Try to make her seem alive, like she's sitting down looking at you. She has to look alive and awake and "done" sort of. You can just pretend she's being quiet or something. This helped me a lot, if you're having a problem with it.

How do you mean the place I force? If you're referring more-so to an imaginary place.. I'm kind of at a loss. I've been trying to get that part figured out for a while. The best assumption I can make, is that the RP's are so routine, they take zero effort whatsoever. They present instant gratification. I guess my head isn't used to me deliberately taking time to make something, instead of just making it happen. Or something. I'm not consciously trying to differentiate a wonderland, from my typical RP areas, but it seems to be an issue anyway. I may try kinda copy/pasting the RP world, into a wonderland, though I'm not completely sure how one would affect the other..

Regarding the whole moving around thing.. That's actually a fantastic idea. I'd think it were a bit.. Parroty, or something, but I'm sure it's not awfully so.. Am wondering however, wouldn't I need to have the body kinda finished for this? I mean, I'm sure I could kinda just.. Place her in there, nearly-complete looking and all, but idunno. Details, details..

yeah, whatever works. Try just using your RP world. Experiment!

People worry too much about parroting, the point of forcing is to screw with your belief system. Usually tulpae generally need to get kick-started before they start becoming sentient. It's kinda weird, but eventually you'll get what I mean.

Her form isn't finished all the way? You should get it finished, it's good to have a complete form to focus on. Don't worry about adding something she won't like, that's what deviation is for!

I know what she looks like.. In a sense of.. Well, knowing what she looks like. As I said, I know the body very well. However, I've never been able to visually.. Well, form it. It's the same issue I've had with wonderlands. My mental imagery regarding her was kinda just off, or something. Like, during the actual process of forming it in my head.. And in most guides, it's explained as though you kinda have to go over it in your mind-scape, and make sure it's proper and all that. But I mean, if knowing what she generally looks like before the actual formation helps skip that, or whatever, then that's cool too :L

Sounds like you're stressing visualization too much. Treat it more naturally, just do what feels right. Pretend your visualization session is one of your RP sessions or something, perhaps. I don't really know how your mind works, but it's up to you do what you feel is right, not a guide.