Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey all. I'm Shiro, new here, and just decided to make a tulpa a few days ago. I've known about tulpas for years, but never really paid them any mind or serious thought until recently. I've decided to give you all the benefit of the doubt and dive in hoping for the best. So far I've got a personality and solid visualization, though as far as any sort of communication goes, head pressures at best. Wish me luck though because I'll definitely see this through until the end. Hope to make some good friends here.

Hiya, I'm MatTowers. I've know about tulpas and this site for probably a year now. I don't have one at the moment, but I'm very interested in it and may create one. If nothing less, I'd love to learn more about them here as I find the whole thing absolutely fascinating.

Hey people, I'm Sponchiado, or call me Sponchi. My matern language is not English, so don't expect me writing completely ok but I'll do my best.

I kind of already knew about the idea of tulpas before coming to this site, but without the name. To resume, I discovered about lucid dreaming 6 months ago, and registered myself in the forum ld4all.com. In the site, there was a thread about a new idea called in the moment of CALD, Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming. An user basically had a character that she talked to and used to ask the character to help her to lucid dream. I then started to think in a "character".

I then found the site some days ago and it remembered me the idea. I read some threads, and decide to create my tulpa, Alice.

Then one of the intentions to create her is to help me to lucid dream and explore, but obviously for company too. I don't have a lot of time to be in the forum, having time to Alice is already difficult, but I'll try to write a progress report sometimes, when something happen, and be around once in a while.

Cecilia is the only tulpa, is about my age (in form), changes it once in a while and just enjoys to see the circus catch fire :P

I go by Ephemeral because it's a nice word, but maybe just Ephe is shorter. A guy who likes doing math and programming and dreaming.

"You're not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop"--Rumi

PR

So.. I've never been very good with the pressure that first impressions has, but I'll summarize who I am, and my experience so far.

I didn't plan to post an introduction until now, instead I only thought about posting a question I had, but I've decided to give and intro for good measure.

My name is Tezera, my 18th birthday was only a month ago, so I've decided to make a few big changes in life, finally study for a driver's license, start focusing heavily on school again, and through all that I'd make a good job and making all my dreams a reality, possible.

Around this time, many of my friends have suggested I make a Tulpa, which considering the fact I've had trouble figuring out myself, and how to make my dreams how I want them, it seemed like an obvious thing to do.

So the first thing a friend suggests is that I make a "Wonderland" and the first thing, and what will likely be the main attraction of this wonderland, is a beach, which was by their suggestion, which is actually fitting since I enjoy beaches for how nice it is not to have anything stopping you from exploring miles of almost endless water, the friend who suggested it had already known me for over four years, so I wasn't surprised they knew exactly what I'd enjoy, needless to say it went well.

So after thinking about it for so long I've decided to take the first steps toward making a Tulpa.

So what I first think I'm going to see when I come here is a magical land of sunshine, amazing people, and unicorns shitting rainbows..

I was quite depressed to find nothing like that..

Instead I'm introduced to people trying to ban themselves thinking that it'd help them focus, stories about people leaving the community and killing off their Tulpas for reasons nobody seem to know, and people with vulgar personalities. (Not saying I can't tolerate vulgarity, I tend to have a vulgar personality my self, I did make a joke about unicorns shitting rainbows after-all.)

What I'm mostly worried about, if I wanted to make a Tulpa who wouldn't like a dark undertone in what would basically be their primary contact with other Tulpas, would they become unhappy browsing the forums?

And considering the fact that the guy who made all of this killed off his Tulpas and left, will it even still be easy for me to make a Tulpa, and how long could it be until I give up on everything I've spent so long to make?

So.. I've never been very good with the pressure that first impressions has, but I'll summarize who I am, and my experience so far.

I didn't plan to post an introduction until now, instead I only thought about posting a question I had, but I've decided to give and intro for good measure.

My name is Tezera, my 18th birthday was only a month ago, so I've decided to make a few big changes in life, finally study for a driver's license, start focusing heavily on school again, and through all that I'd make a good job and making all my dreams a reality, possible.

Around this time, many of my friends have suggested I make a Tulpa, which considering the fact I've had trouble figuring out myself, and how to make my dreams how I want them, it seemed like an obvious thing to do.

So the first thing a friend suggests is that I make a "Wonderland" and the first thing, and what will likely be the main attraction of this wonderland, is a beach, which was by their suggestion, which is actually fitting since I enjoy beaches for how nice it is not to have anything stopping you from exploring miles of almost endless water, the friend who suggested it had already known me for over four years, so I wasn't surprised they knew exactly what I'd enjoy, needless to say it went well.

So after thinking about it for so long I've decided to take the first steps toward making a Tulpa.

So what I first think I'm going to see when I come here is a magical land of sunshine, amazing people, and unicorns shitting rainbows..

I was quite depressed to find nothing like that..

Instead I'm introduced to people trying to ban themselves thinking that it'd help them focus, stories about people leaving the community and killing off their Tulpas for reasons nobody seem to know, and people with vulgar personalities. (Not saying I can't tolerate vulgarity, I tend to have a vulgar personality my self, I did make a joke about unicorns shitting rainbows after-all.)

What I'm mostly worried about, if I wanted to make a Tulpa who wouldn't like a dark undertone in what would basically be their primary contact with other Tulpas, would they become unhappy browsing the forums?

First of all, welcome.

Let me explain why people ban themselves:

Some people, including myself, come to the internet and forums like this to help cope with the bullshit that surrounds their lives. Some others tend to spend a lot of time and lurk around while gathering information. All of these mean time, time which could potentially be precious, and it's hard to keep one's self from coming on sites like this or the Internet in general. Therefore, we have to limit ourselves the hard way. And we do not just "think" that it'll help us, in general it does help us, if we do not mess up big time, of course.

You're never going to find a whole bunch of people who dedicate themselves to "sunshine and unicorns shitting rainbows" here. This community is a scince-oriented one, or at least that's the kind of front we're trying to put up. Discussion here tends to be serious, we have the lounge and games board to play around.

I'm not even going to say anything about the "amazing people" part. We're nothing special, and there are very few people on here who are very warm-blooded. This is the Internet, after all.

Killing off tulpas is something that I also don't agree with, but there can be people with serious mental problems on here, and sometimes, their "tulpas" turn into something else. It's a highly subjective thing, and some cases require doing what must be done.

Vulgar personalities aren't going to be too much of problem. Cussing is allowed, but I haven't seen anyone here go over the limit.. And honestly.. Making a joke about unicorns shitting rainbows isn't anything vulgar.

"Dark undertone" ? I think you're missing something here, there aren't many people on here who act like they like being assholes. The majority isn't inclined towards that kind of behaviour, and most tulpas tend to be positive, way more positive then their hosts. So no, your tulpa probably won't get upset unless the person you're speaking with/you/your tulpa just start asking for trouble.

In short, you won't get any problem here unless you ask for it, that's what happens the 95% of the time, from what I've seen.

EDIT: By the way, FAQman did go away, and his reasons are his own. But another guy who came around at the same time as him is still around, so is his tulpa. Long story short, you shouldn't be discouraged just because the guy was one of the founding fathers. A lot of the things he has said have been picked apart by more recent tulpamancers and their findings.

If you are going to get discouraged by that, I reccommend you further look into this stuff before jumping in.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Hi there

Tulpamancy isn't for everybody. While I am not discussing this from a supremacist point of view, I mean that tulpamancy requires the host being patient and attentive. Hosts need to allocate a lot of time to tulpamancy, and it's something that requires efforts. People make tulpas because they have a specific goal in mind, they want a friend, they have no other friends.

If you are already busy IRL, you should reconsider what you are doing. People lost the belief that tulpas was something big a long time ago which ends up with them having a half complete tulpa for a very long while, being lacking in certain domains that ensure a tulpa's proper 'performance' or simply functioning.

With that being said, some people think tulpas are fake. That they are imaginary friends and remain in one's attention. That they can be neglected at any given time under the excuse that they are 'in your head'.

A tulpa is very much a sentient being and its own person. But the way people treat them takes off all integrity to that character and changes them into static concepts that merely provide what the host wants. Dane killed his tulpas and called them imaginary characters, as you said. But think about it. If all he saw was imagination, did he kill anyone? Was there anyone to be killed in the first place?

And is there anyone? Some people remain as skeptical as to claim that there is no one. That we're deluding ourselves. That we're simply being imaginative and very creative.

What about you? Study your loss. Study your gain. And then decide. Don't make a tulpa on a whim. Tulpamancy is no way for escapism because then you're going to put YOUR tulpa in the situation you are. Maybe tulpas are fake. Most likely, who knows. But study your options.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?