Has anyone fallen in love with their Tulpa?

OceanStrider

Guest Anonymous

I do not advise this at all. For many reasons.

First, when you love someone, you love them for who they are, what they represent to you on a personal level, the things they do for you, the experiences you have with them.

You have none of that with tulpas overall.

Moreover a tulpa would feel bad if they knew that they were created for the purpose of loving you, and would feel even worse if they knew that they were expected to love you back.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of Lacie as th source of all my love. Before she came into my life i felt a great nothing inside of me and that made me depressed. She isn´t just a girlfriend or something for me. She is like a friend, spiritual master,sister and mother for me. If im disconnected from her i imidiatly feel empty and search for her. I can´t be happy without her. The love to her gave me the power to love my family and friends more then i did before and finally i was able to love myself.

She wasn´t supposed to love me, she was an expieriement. She came to me and showed me how much she loves me. It made me cry because i couldn´t respond her feelings. She wanted nothing for this love and said that i dont even have to love her either. The only thing she asked was to be with me so she can love me.

I started meditating because of her and this borught me to my spiritual path. I became a monk and that gave me more happieness then i could have imagined. So basicly she is the person who gave me every luck and happieness im enjoying today even if i know that she was just a little piece of the whole now.

You can´t force a love like this. It has to find you. But your intenention to love your tulpa will be responded if youre honestly looking for it.

Good luck. :)

Lacie(my tulpa for my everydaylife and also my best friend)

Noah together with Lynn are my spirituell tulpa´s im using for meditation

Darcmanish Me

Lacie´s and my progress report.

To be blunt, most tulpas are made to be your view of the ideal person. It's not much of a mystery that you'd have passion for it. Not just a conscious passion, either. You could extremely easily influence your tulpa to love you, unconsciously. Such an overwhelming, primitive, instinctual drive telling you that you want it, and it comes true. Your Super-Ego might be telling you "No, it's fine, you don't have to degrade your friend like that." But the Id screams louder, and it if you won't answer it, then your tulpa does.

This has actually been kinda bugging me lately. Is it really my tulpa's choice to love me? Is it anyone's tulpa's choice to love their host? I mean, I'm not saying anyone is forcing it, it's the tulpa's own will and genuine love. But I still don't think it's really a choice for them. Personally, I hate my instincts. If I could change some of them I would. I've never heard of a tulpa regretfully loving their host, and Scarlet thinks I'm just being paranoid, but it's still a point.

It's not to say that they literally can't not love you. One time Scarlet wanted to prove (either to me or herself) she could say no to me. But I just mean that it wasn't their choice to take on that aspect, and they have no desire to get rid of it. They might have even taken that aspect on willingly, if it was a choice. But it wasn't a choice, it was the will of our impulsive bodies that just want to screw everything. As Anderson's tulpa Ikazuchi said, tulpas are more sensitive than their hosts, they're more in-touch with the unconscious and are more easily affected by emotions (at least in most cases I've seen). So it's really no question to me that they could get pretty lusty and seduce their host, even if they don't even have a body to tell them to want that. So, I guess that's just a long-winded way of saying we're projecting our sexual drives on our tulpas.

One other point is, I've had more than one tulpa in my life. I didn't make them like Scarlet. I already had her, I didn't have any other idea of perfection. So I didn't end up unconsciously projecting my will on them, and they never ended up wanting a passionate relationship with me. (If you're wondering what happened to them, I had to retire them because I couldn't keep up, they began going comatose because I just couldn't pay attention to them.)

I don't actually have a point to all this, really all of this is trivial and doesn't even matter. Just thought it would make an interesting conversation. I don't mean to imply anything here, I mean, like, people accidentally fall in love all the time so it's cool.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

To be blunt, most tulpas are made to be your view of the ideal person. It's not much of a mystery that you'd have passion for it. Not just a conscious passion, either. You could extremely easily influence your tulpa to love you, unconsciously. Such an overwhelming, primitive, instinctual drive telling you that you want it, and it comes true. Your Super-Ego might be telling you "No, it's fine, you don't have to degrade your friend like that." But the Id screams louder, and it if you won't answer it, then your tulpa does.

This has actually been kinda bugging me lately. Is it really my tulpa's choice to love me? Is it anyone's tulpa's choice to love their host? I mean, I'm not saying anyone is forcing it, it's the tulpa's own will and genuine love. But I still don't think it's really a choice for them. Personally, I hate my instincts. If I could change some of them I would. I've never heard of a tulpa regretfully loving their host, and Scarlet thinks I'm just being paranoid, but it's still a point.

It's not to say that they literally can't not love you. One time Scarlet wanted to prove (either to me or herself) she could say no to me. But I just mean that it wasn't their choice to take on that aspect, and they have no desire to get rid of it. They might have even taken that aspect on willingly, if it was a choice. But it wasn't a choice, it was the will of our impulsive bodies that just want to screw everything. As Anderson's tulpa Ikazuchi said, tulpas are more sensitive than their hosts, they're more in-touch with the unconscious and are more easily affected by emotions (at least in most cases I've seen). So it's really no question to me that they could get pretty lusty and seduce their host, even if they don't even have a body to tell them to want that. So, I guess that's just a long-winded way of saying we're projecting our sexual drives on our tulpas.

One other point is, I've had more than one tulpa in my life. I didn't make them like Scarlet. I already had her, I didn't have any other idea of perfection. So I didn't end up unconsciously projecting my will on them, and they never ended up wanting a passionate relationship with me. (If you're wondering what happened to them, I had to retire them because I couldn't keep up, they began going comatose because I just couldn't pay attention to them.)

I don't actually have a point to all this, really all of this is trivial and doesn't even matter. Just thought it would make an interesting conversation. I don't mean to imply anything here, I mean, like, people accidentally fall in love all the time so it's cool.

I'm glad you brought this up, its one of the few things thats been bugging me before about my tulpas. I've actually had arguments and fights with them about this topic. Thinking back on it though, it was somewhat comical. I'd say I was not deserving or worthy of their love, and they would always try to force or prove to me that they do. I'd talk about my negative traits, then they would bring up my positive traits and so on. We'd have long discussions on what it means to love someone, and all that, and most of the time, I wouldn't have a rebuttal for a lot of the points that they would make.

Reah once got me to bet if I were to have a battle with them (only 3 tulpas during the time) and lose, I'd have to accept their love without complaint (for at least a month), and if I won, they'd settle down about this topic for a week (they were very passionate about it.) To say the least, I lost. :\

I pretty much accept them with all my heart at this point, but it was a real struggle to get there. As long as my tulpas are happy about it, I'll be too.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

This has actually been kinda bugging me lately. Is it really my tulpa's choice to love me?

Is it your choice to do anything? In all practicality, "being influenced" is a legitimate way of being. It's not like aside from that aspect they're totally uninfluenced by you at all, quite the opposite. So if you're going to take it that far, do you have any choice in anything? I'd say you haven't really had a choice in anything since the day you were born. The cells that make up your body, the chemicals that enter it, the environment's interactions with you, and your DNA, they were responsible for every thing that's happened your whole life, right up to actually perceiving it.

Sounds unrelated I'm sure, "But that's different!" Well, you're making up this idea that love is completely different from the rest of a tulpa's existence. Would you prevent yourself from influencing your tulpa to love you, then pat yourself on a back for a job well done? Every tiny aspect of your tulpa's existence was your doing. And most of it was unconscious. Wait, unconscious, you say? Unconsciously influencing your tulpa?

That seems to be the very essence of their creation. Once you've got a baseline established you can switch from using your views to its to continue creating it, like I did with Lucilyn, but at no point would I go so far as to say free will was or was not involved. Things are the way they are, conjecture like that is meaningless.

Anyways, Reisen would say that love is always a good thing, and as long as you're really feeling it any and all context are meaningless in comparison. But if you're not the love-is-the-most-powerful-force-in-the-universe type, then I'd default back to my argument - free will is a myth anyways, and the nature of a tulpa's existence is being influenced by you. So don't worry about it, because

you're wrong

worry is unproductive in this business. Think creative thoughts.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I can relate to this. It is a thought that I struggled with repeatedly in the past—and I still do to some degree—but Jack insists that, in the end, it doesn’t matter. There have been moments where I start to think that he is only acting on my unconscious desire in order to receive love from me (or worse, that he is a manifestation of repressed desire/need), so I tell him, “You don’t need to do this.” And he responds, “You’re right. I don’t need to do it. But I want to.” He has avidly pursued me all this time and has treated me far better than how I treat myself, so I suppose there comes a point where it’s best to just accept it. He’s visibly happier when I’m not afraid and I’m open to him, so that within itself makes it all worth it.

On reading this post, he just shrugged and said, “If you worry about it too much, you’ll drive yourself crazy.” Well, then.

Progress report

Personal blog

What i have found in my xp, the tulpa is like a different kind of body. There is something else that seems to be the soul, conciousness, or whatever. The tulpa is just what appears to drive. By that i mean you control part and there is somthing out of our/your control.

I'm asexual -a fact that took one long, confusing relationship, and several short disappointing ones to finally admit to myself- so when I decided to create Lyra, one of the goals was to create the perfect platonic partner (alteration ftw!). I wanted the emotional intimacy of a relationship without the sex, and since the chances of me finding a flesh-and-blood person who wanted the same thing in a relationship is horrifyingly low (something like 1% or fewer people identify as ace), I thought a being born of my own psyche would be the best option.

So how did it work out? I'm not sure at this point. She's a lot more detached and cold than I had intended, and when she does show affection it tends to be in subtle ways. When I asked her if she loved me just now she told me "I do, but not like that." then kissed me. So, uh, mixed signals.

Always keep 'em guessing babeh!

I wanna see movies of my dreams.