How Do You Tell Other People You Have a Tulpa?

Greenie

TL;DR at the bottom.

I've been thinking for awhile, I haven't told anybody about my tulpa yet.

My tulpa isn't completely 'here' yet, well, I know he is, but he's not imposed or completely sentient yet. I know he is somewhat sentient though.

Anyway, I've been wanting some 'forcing' time to myself, besides the whole forcing right before going to sleep in pitch black (not saying I have a problem with that), and I've been wanting to talk to someone about my tulpa. I have told my friend, but he tries to ignore it, I don't think he likes the idea.

Anyway, I'm just saying if I had to tell my mom about my tulpa, how would I go about it? I mean, it is kinda hard to explain (the fact that Nick is a field medic doesn't really sweeten the deal either).

And if push comes to shove, how do I tell my dad?

My dad is really, really unopen to things like this, and yells and freaks out easily and he's the kind of man that'd flip out on me if he found out about this.

Another reason I'm wondering, is because I don't feel comfertable (excuse my spelling) with talking to my tulpa in my head much anymore. I sometimes get time to talk to him on my own, like before bed and when I'm alone at home (which almost never happens).

TL;DR: I want to tell my parents about my tulpa, but I think they'll freak out like you don't believe, especially my dad. What do I do?

Name: Nickolis Kritz (Medic)

Form: TF2 Red Medic

Voice: TF2 Medic /

Personality: slight OCD, curious

PROGRESS: Visualised, Narrating

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to tell anyone if you don't want to.

With that being said, however, do what you think is the right thing to do.

"The starting point is the utmost importance for everything, so trying to outdo oneself is just about right." - Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

If you absolutely have to, here's a start;

Show them the website in a nonchalant 'Hey Mom/Dad, what do you think of this?' If he/she is interested then keep up with it. Plant a 'seed' in their brain and begin to let it grow. In a few days bring up tulpas again and say something like 'Hey 'pops, I read tulpas can help with memory recall! What do you think about that?'. Just keep on bringing it up for a while and if your parents continue to have a generally positive response then keep it going. If they ever respond negatively, then stop bringing it up altogether. Eventually, when you feel it is right, say that you're planning on starting a tulpa, but only after your parents have a pretty good idea of what a tulpa is.

Even then they'll likely try to stop you.

Another reason I'm wondering, is because I don't feel comfertable (excuse my spelling) with talking to my tulpa in my head much anymore. I sometimes get time to talk to him on my own, like before bed and when I'm alone at home (which almost never happens).

If you plan on talking to your tulpa out loud with people around those people will label you as crazy and repercussions will follow.

Don't do that.

As much as I want to tell you that you should tell your parents, just don't. It's not worth it. The risk of getting diagnosed with DID or Schizophrenia is too great, and the diagnosis of Schizophrenia in particular could prevent you from ever getting a job again.

If you really want to talk to him out loud, though, then you could use a headset or something. Just keep it in your head if you start talking about something that would get you a few odd glances.

Guest Anonymous

I've been wanting to talk to someone about my tulpa. I have told my friend, but he tries to ignore it, I don't think he likes the idea.

We have the IRC and some users have skype. Check those out first.

Anyway, I'm just saying if I had to tell my mom about my tulpa, how would I go about it? I mean, it is kinda hard to explain (the fact that Nick is a field medic doesn't really sweeten the deal either). And if push comes to shove, how do I tell my dad? My dad is really, really unopen to things like this, and yells and freaks out easily and he's the kind of man that'd flip out on me if he found out about this. Another reason I'm wondering, is because I don't feel comfertable (excuse my spelling) with talking to my tulpa in my head much anymore. I sometimes get time to talk to him on my own, like before bed and when I'm alone at home (which almost never happens).

Based on what you said about your dad, don't say shit about it to him. Second, you didn't talk about your mom and how she might react. You have no need to talk out loud to your tulpas aside from wanting to talk normally to something that isn't normal. Suck it up. If you want to maintain your status as a normal, functioning person in society, you have to make sacrifices when it comes to talking to your tulpa. You stand to benefit in no way at all, aside from talking to your tulpa normally, which isn't a great thing by itself. You can choose that, but be warned of what might happen if you do (you'll look retarded).

Also, someone plays a bit too much TF2.

Agreed with everyone here. About how old are you? At best, they'll think it's amusing, and at worst you'll end up in a psych ward.

I think they'll freak out like you don't believe, especially my dad. What do I do?

If this is how you feel they'll react, then don't tell them. Simple as that.

"Give a man a Truth, and he will think for a day. Teach a man to Reason, and he will think for a lifetime."

-Phil Plait

Guest Anonymous

About how old are you?

His account says 13.

[reaction image redacted ~mod]

Why do you want a tulpa?

The general consensus has always been to never tell parents about tulpas, and that's never going to change.

Besides, what are the benefits of telling them anyways? It's such a risky move to take...