How Do You Tell Other People You Have a Tulpa?

Greenie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a "How Old Are You" thread guys.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• 1 month later...

>My dad is really, really unopen to things like this, and yells and freaks out easily and he's the kind of man that'd flip out on me if he found out about this.

Then don't tell him. He doesn't need to know.

Sounds like my father.....

Name: Raid

Sentience: Confirmed

Working on: Vocality

Personality Traits: Is awesome a personality trait?

Form: 1. Pegasus Pony, with a flat, pink mane, and pink tail, and yellow coat. Also, blue eyes.

2. A blue-haired human (only encountered in dream so far)

• 6 months later...

My tulpa, Rezin, seems to intuitively know people in my life who are open to the idea. He'll point them out and I usually end up with great conversations. But he's a whole year acknowledged by this point, so he's more developed. And I do talk out loud to him when there's no one around that could take it the wrong way. Typically gotta find non-conventional thinkers though.

Also 28, so yes.

I'm 23. Was 22 when I started mancing intentionally.

Guest Anonymous

I've posted in this thread before, but, from experience, you should never tell people about tulpas unless they're open minded. I've told a couple of people close to me and they've mocked me for it. I'm not doing that again, I can assure you that.

Never tell anyone about your tulpa. That is a common, accepted rule about them. Refer to it as your muse or something equally appreciated in western culture, but not often enough to draw attention to it.

Mine assists me a lot with my work as a graphic artist, and I think outloud as a way of communicating with her comfortably. I'll mutter "hmm... this just isn't connecting. It could use some sort of a transition" and she will pace about in her usual duck-faced expression and blurt some idea at me that will usually help finish a design. Truth be told, I only imitate her for most of the things I draw or design, because I'm more logical and math-brained, but am the only one with hands, so....

I told my husband before I ever began the process. There isn't really anyone else I know IRL that I would reveal it to, especially family.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly