The Glorious a̶r̶t lounge thread of Brassow

Brassow

This isn't wrong.

But my posts are usually a lot more simple than Linkzelda's, so much so that I've felt bad for oversimplifying in the past. But my last one I tried really hard to channel him.

(Hey, you got the origin of Lopunny's name. I think. You might've just spelled it wrong.)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Sometimes I feel link Linkzelda shouldn't overdo it so much.

Rina and I understand his posts (Rina more so than me), but I bet not everyone does.

Kinda counterproductive xD

Greets,

AG

He frequents academic-level discussions of philosophy, so his thesaurus is internal. But yeah there's a lot of people that probably don't understand him lol.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I made this to show half the time I have no fucking clue what either of you are saying.

However, I did have a lot of typos I now realize...

For the list of references in that comic, read on!

-Back to the Future (1.21 Gigawatts, Flux Capacitor)

-Skyrim (Mentioned A village)

-US History (Henry Clay and US Constitution)

-Mentioned Minecraft

-Pokemon (Lop(b)unny)

-Fallout (Deathclaw)

-Metro 2033/Last Light (Artyom & mentioning of Metro itself)

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

He frequents academic-level discussions of philosophy, so his thesaurus is internal. But yeah there's a lot of people that probably don't understand him lol.

The funny part is that you tend to over-hype whatever competencies I may seem to have, and place yourself at second place. Become your own guidepost, and channel your own opinions instead of being a translator for me, if I’m reading this right. I’ll fight through my own struggle to be a better person in the future, so there’s no need to patronize, or dilute anything I say. I feel disgusted that an intelligent person like yourself has the need to camp me higher than yourself.

I’ve learned to gracefully accept the rebuke from others of the complications of words, and I’m well aware of this. It’ll take time for me, but I’m trying; really, me and my tulpas are trying, as I’ve undermined how easy it’s been to collaborate with them to post something quickly. I don’t frequent academic-level discussions of philosophy, and I think the culprit that sets this implication is just the image streaming sessions I did beforehand, and other restless nights for other tasks than tulpas. You could say that I have to put in more effort for making a laymen’s post vs. an over-complicated one that literally just took a few minutes from predisposed habits.

I probably shouldn’t have tried to have them do things like this. I think I’m just a horrible host for putting in too many hours for forcing, but it seems I cared too much for it. Though, I guess I can’t really know what to do unless others ask clarification for said posts because somehow, there’s an implication that I would insult the person for not understanding. There would be no point in me making those text walls if I had a behavior of blocking people out in clarifying things for them. I just want to exercise people’s minds, and continue questioning; to step outside of the easy to answer questions, and take the time to invest in something.

Even if it means they have to read it three times, try to put things into context, at least those that persevere show an effort to care and learn with others, I guess. I’m not a fan of echo-chambering, which has been consistent for a long time in the forums. If a simple Google search for a meaning of a word, and having to learn other words that have been used in philosophy, science, etc. is complicated, then there’s no future for there being a “for science” in this community.

And the really funny part is that forums I frequent in would make my posts look like Disney World. I haven’t engaged in conversation with them, mostly lurked, but I seem more tempted to do that, and enjoy the journey with my tulpas instead. Maybe this is just the realization I need to become a better person for them, and maybe this is a realization of the personal cancers people conceptualize that makes them want to leave the forum entirely; no one in it consistently takes themselves seriously anymore. Thanks for the response, as I know what I need to do; to enjoy my internal, private experience with them, and to realize they themselves have no need to interact with others. They used to question why I still try, and now it all makes sense; this is my silver lining. Take care.

Nah man, it's not your vocabulary. It's all those sites you link, except I think maybe it's just the one. My oooold impression from you was "Wow, he must read tons of stuff on this philosophy site. That far exceeds my casual knowledge of anything philosophical." Don't you worry, I don't think you're any more intelligent than me because of how you talk. I value my own type of intelligence over most others. You just have a real interest in real philosophy whereas I'm a couch philosopher, except I actually come to useful and insightful conclusions from time to time.

I don’t frequent academic-level discussions of philosophy

Well, I was referring to that philosophy site you always link to in my poorly worded post, but I mean..

And the really funny part is that forums I frequent in would make my posts look like Disney World.

Maybe the wording was off, because this is exactly what I meant lol. I dunno, if you want discussion from the people capable of critical thought then how you write is fine. But when you're posting in random GD/Q&A topics I think you should try and tone it down, if only because I don't think many newer members are mentally prepared for what "critical thinking" entails here yet.

God Brassow your art is so AMAZING. It inspires us to express ourselves in words unrelated to said art. That's a sign of a true masterpiece.

It's a joke! Meant to exagerate things! Chill!

I think I’m just a horrible host for putting in too many hours for forcing,

What? How do you figure that? In what way has too many hours of forcing made you a bad host? I can see how too much might lead to not having a life besides it, but I don't think (?) that's what you meant.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

It's a joke! Meant to exagerate things! Chill!

I didn't feel insulted. I was laughing at the content, and was a nice chuckle, but there's a little truth in every joke. I hold no grudge with anyone in this thread.

@Lumi - The fact that you think it's random pisses me off. But okay, I'll gracefully accept the rebuke.

I literally had no idea what you were referring to with "random." I scanned my post for the word and saw.. random topics? Random was just a synonym for various/newbies'/(nothing).

If you're referring to anything else, I don't think you're "random" at all. You put more thought into your discussions on this forum than, quite honestly, anyone else as far as I can tell. The fact that you've been doing so for so long has always impressed me. Yet I wondered when the longevity would cause a burnout. Still, I've always appreciated you being the longest-standing Regular and that you somehow found a way to, well, make yourself care when discussing the same old subjects you've seen over the years. I think that's a personal weakness of mine.

Kind of tired of the misconceptions between us though. I left another forum years ago because I managed to piss everyone off with misunderstandings and couldn't take the stress. I'm a lot better now, but I still have some PTSD(not really) when I see a post and someone's mad at me. Makes my heart beat faster and such.