Nachtara

How do I know I'm using my "Mind's Eye"?

Just gonna use your thread for a similar question, sorry :D (btw, Nachtara, are you german?)

The general advice people give about this is the following:

1. There is no thing as "accidently puppeting". If you don't think it up actively yourself, it is your tulpa.

2. Assume that everything you receive this way is coming from your tulpa, even when it's probably not.

That's the way I do it now, I guess that's tulpish? Well, at least it's the best form of communication Maja and I are able to have atm, so I'll just roll with it. But sometimes I wonder, will she accept that I (probably) sometimes assume that some istrusive thoughts are her, or will she be mad (don't tell me about sweet and forgiving tulpas, she's kinda mad at me atm for not forcing enough after promising it like 100 times ... imsorryiwillchange), or will she even be able to tell the difference once she's tully developed?

How did your tulpas handle it?

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Just gonna use your thread for a similar question, sorry :D (btw, Nachtara, are you german?)

That's the way I do it now, I guess that's tulpish? Well, at least it's the best form of communication Maja and I are able to have atm, so I'll just roll with it. But sometimes I wonder, will she accept that I (probably) sometimes assume that some istrusive thoughts are her, or will she be mad (don't tell me about sweet and forgiving tulpas, she's kinda mad at me atm for not forcing enough after promising it like 100 times ... imsorryiwillchange), or will she even be able to tell the difference once she's tully developed?

How did your tulpas handle it?

Well it is still sometimes unclear, so I just ask her if it was really her who said something. Beside vocal talk she moves around my finger for yes and no for validation of spoken things. About your second question, well Alice atleast claims that she can tell the difference, but I'm not always sure of that. Normally she doesn't get mad about this stuff. Just one time she flipped me off with my hand instead of saying "no" again, because i kept asking her.

Edit: Oh, and tulpish normally refers to more raw thoughts, like emotions and flash images.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

(For example, "You are sitting on grass. It's a nice day with a light breeze. Feel the wind blow through your hair. Reach down and touch the grass beneath you, run your hand through it." etc) I couldn't really feel that, though. Am I doing something wrong? Should I start out with something simpler and add stuff to it, like a plain black box, then imagine a light source, etc?

First, thanks for reading my guide :)

What currently happens when you imagine something?

At least for me before I got more used to it, it's like if I imagined something, it was someplace in my mind though not in the same place as real sensations. I know what a square looks like, how the ocean smells, how a cat's fur feels. In recalling something, I experience it again at some level, even though it's not the same as the way I experience reality or dreams.

Trying to project something onto your eyelids or learn imposition would be more or less trying to experience it similar to reality or dreams. However, unless you're already good at visualizing (or very lucky), it's not a very reasonable expectation until you've had a lot of practice. It would be like someone who almost never exercises trying to run a 4 minute mile.

So I recommend using your mind's eye instead. It sort of feels like seeing but not on the same layer or plane you see reality on. If you can already imagine stuff decently, you've found it but you might be able to make it more vivid. For either, try to find something that you can imagine vividly. It can be a flashing strobe, a simple shape like a circle or square, a cartoon, a scene from a movie, a memory you can recall clearly. Anything really. If you're trying to get a feel for how seeing with your mind's eye feels, you want something as vivid as possible with motion in it to draw your attention. If you can already visualize just not well, it'll provide practice.

Also, if I've had an "imaginary friend", would it be easier or harder than normal to tulpize it, since I've been happily puppeting/kinda parroting it? (Sometimes I feel like "ehrmahgerd why did i think that so quickly" when 'talking' to it)

This could possibly be close to being a tulpa. Given what you currently do with this, you might check out parroting based methods. Or start fresh, it's up to you. Probably depends most on how much belief-system 'baggage' is attached to this imaginary friend and whether you want them as a tulpa.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

It's really easy.

You either see something, or you're doing it wrong. That "something" doesn't have to be sharp, doesn't have to be colorful. Keep training until it is.