Anyone have experience with holotropic breathing?

Jamie

If you want to take a safe shortcut to hallucinating that you can do easily in your own home (I know, it sounds too good to be true), just utilize the ganzfeild effect. It's so easy that it can be done with just a good blindfold and some patience

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

It turns into a hypnagogic like state. I'm not sure they're all that different. The really surprising thing is, without a tulpa, it's random stuff, with a tulpa, it's them!. I had better luck with hypnagogic though, better than lucid dreams for me a few times and waaaay more stable.

If you want to take a safe shortcut to hallucinating that you can do easily in your own home (I know, it sounds too good to be true), just utilize the ganzfeild effect. It's so easy that it can be done with just a good blindfold and some patience

Yay you! This is the opposite of the isolation tank, but seems to be accessing the same gateways to the inner mind. I have experienced 'scene flashes' with just closed eyes, but had more sustained experiences using hemisync, but hemisync is way too expensive, and so unless you get a discounted retreat with people who have the stuff, it's just cost prohibitive... and if cost is your thing, read this...

https://www.instructables.com/id/Ganzfeld-Hack-Your-Brain-the-Legal-Way/

and ignore the grammatical errors. No, I didn't write it, but if you find a written thing and it's got grammar issues, well, I may have written it, just because my grammar sucks, but don't just assume... anyway, you will read in this how the brain wants to go sleep in the dark... just closing your eyes is enough transition your brain into generating alpha waves, which, interestingly corresponds to a change in breathing, and if you think on it further, connecting it to the holotropic breath, a conscious change in breathing, like a conscious change in closing eyes, is simply steps walking towards an altered state, and so you don't have to hyperventilate, you just focus on breath, and close your eyes, and suddenly you're own you way to meditation, but wearing the masks prevents you from just opening your eyes by accident and resetting yourself to 'normal wake set point...' and so, like I mentioned above how I can and have seen flashes, very short lived scenes, I think one of the reasons they are so short lived is I get a spike in euphoria and interest and pop back into normal set point, the same way that when I realize I am dreaming I get so excited I usually wake up, and so the real trick isn't having experiences but not getting so aroused you come out of the altered state...

it took me a moment to find this:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-alternative-ways-for-imposition-and-the-ganzfeld-effect