Fastdash Attempts to Tulpa

Fastdash

3/7/2019

Hello everyone who happened to click on this forum. After finding out about tulpas were a few days ago, doing some research, and getting way too excited about the whole thing, I have begun to create a tulpa... I think. I'm both excited and nervous about this. 

Before I go into more detail, I want to introduce myself a little more. I'm a guy with a huge interest in video games, tech in general, science,  history, and a bunch of other topics. I also enjoy writing and role-playing with others. I might talk more about myself later on if the information is relevant.

Now that's out of the way, I might as well introduce what I hope my tulpa will be. I'm basing it off a character from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, a series of spin-off games of Pokemon focusing on a world only inhabited by... well... pokemon. The character I have in mind is Guildmaster Wigglytuff from Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. If you know who he is, you can skip this next paragraph. Keep in mind that I will accept him/her/them for whoever they are.

Guildmaster Wigglytuff is the leader of Wigglytuff's Guild, a prestigious guild for explorers. He was two sides to him. The first one most people see is his childish, excitable, and overly friendly side. He loves making new friends and is quite welcoming despite his quirks. The guildmaster likes to refer to everyone as his "friendly friends." Wigglytuff is silly and likes to try to make everyone around him happy. His other side is wise and thoughtful. Wigglytuff is not only able to easily inspire and rally his guild members, but also gives them comfort when they are down. He tries to see the best in other pokemon, even if they seem like they're nothing but jerks. The guildmaster shows compassion for others and will try to give them advice to deal with whatever problems they are facing. He is brave, intelligent, and kind.

His appearance and what I plan for the tulpa's form to be.

Wigglytuff.png.8dfb6bb7d2238200b6cba7603b94de92.png

The creation started after talking with some people on this forum's Discord server. I began the creation by talking quietly to myself, doing my best to introduce myself to what would hopefully be my tulpa. After doing so, I began to feel pressures in my forehead, which I thought could have been a placebo, but I was told to have faith that this was my tulpa.

I got excited and nervous, my mind immediately focusing in on my tulpa, wanting to talk with them more and more, but now in my mindvoice. The pressure kept fading and returning. Whenever I went to do something else, I kept trying to talk with them, trying to introduce them to all sorts of things, whether it was what computers were or even the chicken sandwiches I ate for dinner.

Eventually, this feeling went away, and I was left with a small headache on the right side of my forehead. I stopped trying to talk with them, but this first reaction is still on my mind. Right now, I cannot stop thinking about it, and I'm still kind of thinking about the tulpa, but trying to give it a break.

However, as happy I was at this at first, now I'm worried about where to take this from here. I've already come up with ideas for a wonderland, being Wigglytuff's room in the guild from Explorers of Sky I'm also thinking about ways to give the tulpa the personality of Wigglytuff such as watching clips of his character in the games while telling my tulpa this is what I'm basing them on. I'm worrying that I might not be doing well enough, or that something bad might happen whether it be losing focus on everything else, or burning myself out.

I'm unsure where to go from here. Admittedly, I jumped into this without that much of a plan and only a vague outline that was so much clearer when I first thought of it. I'm a complete rookie who's freaking out, with what knowledge I do have becoming muddied after getting into this situation. There are a few things I want to ask.

1. How do I know my tulpa is forming properly?

2. What should I do to make the tulpa forming process go as smoothly as possible?

3. If you were a rookie who also found themselves in a situation like this, what did you do to get yourself on the right track?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just force and stop worrying about it for now.

You can follow a few guides in the guides section as well, there are a lot of resources here. I'd say you're doing fine, the headache is probably from concentrating or doing something mentally that you weren't used to.

It will subside, though it's pretty safe to assume your tulpa in training helped cause that in some way, whether just by facilitating the use of parts of your brain you haven't used recently or just by giving you a focus in doing something you're not used to.

Good luck!

You can follow a few guides in the guides section as well, there are a lot of resources here. I'd say you're doing fine, the headache is probably from concentrating or doing something mentally that you weren't used to.

It will subside, though it's pretty safe to assume your tulpa in training helped cause that in some way, whether just by facilitating the use of parts of your brain you haven't used recently or just by giving you a focus in doing something you're not used to.

Good luck!

Thank you. Though right now, I'm starting to worry about if forcing the personality of a certain character is a good thing or not. I've heard mixed things about it, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm alright if the personality does change though, but I don't want my tulpa to feel bad about it.

[Misha] I introduced myself as a character B created 6 years earlier, he accepted me that way knowing I could change any way I wanted, and I did!

[bear] you can really do anything, just explain it to them and let them decide.

Good luck!

Thank you. Though right now, I'm starting to worry about if forcing the personality of a certain character is a good thing or not. I've heard mixed things about it, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm alright if the personality does change though, but I don't want my tulpa to feel bad about it.

3/8/2019

Well, I'm in the middle of day two. It's around 7:00 p.m. by the time I'm writing this, and I want to write down what's been going on.

Today was a decent introduction to some other parts of the world. I went to school today and attempted to introduce Wigglytuff to some people I knew decently well using my mindvoice. During the time I was there, I attempted to ask my tulpa questions about some of the things they were seeing, what they thought about what I was doing, and stuff like that. However, I tended to find my mind would try to immediately answer the question in what I think Wigglytuff's voice will be, but I know it wasn't him since it was always the answer I wanted to hear and I could quickly clear it out of my mind. Describing things and just talking to my tulpa was also a large part of my day there. I was consistent throughout the day, trying to engage my tulpa with the world. 

When I got home, I decided to try watching a video with clips from Explorers of Sky that show the character Wigglytuff's personality. I told my tulpa to pay attention to the "pink fluffy thing" in the scenes and what he said. However, after doing this, I began to become worried I was pushing this personality onto my tulpa too much.

A few hours later, I attempted to create a wonderland for my tulpa. I sat down on my bed for a few minutes and closed my eyes, creating a very vague, barely consistent version of Wigglytuff's guild room and his form. My mind couldn't seem to construct anything, barely able to create the walls and the locations of objects, even the point of view kept shifting. During this, I tried introducing myself again, talking about my goals, and what I was thinking he could become. However, I tried to emphasize that just because I wanted them to be like Guildmaster Wigglytuff, does not mean I will only accept him as that. I will show him what the character is like, and if something turns out not to stick, that's a-okay with me. My tulpa is their own person, and I tried my best to tell them that as clearly as I could so there would be no miscommunication.

This was the best picture I could find. Just remove the character sprites and you know what I'm going for.

1601991130_GuildRoom.jpg.0b5b725c23aa8fa0ca0afd14f0a9e0f7.jpg

I also found that in the wonderland, I couldn't seem to stop moving Wigglytuff around. They just kept repeating the same motion on either side of their body, tilting their head to the side and putting their paw on their chin. It wasn't like it happened randomly, they just kept doing it over and over again, alternating sides each time. I also had difficulties with him switching between standing and sitting. 

Despite the issues that arose, I consider today to be a success. There are still some things I'm wondering about though.

1. Should I be worried about my mind automatically moving Wigglytuff around without much control other than trying to puppet on purpose?

2. How could I stop my mind from answering my own questions?

3. What would be the best way to suggest personality and traits without pushing it too hard on my tulpa and making them feel inadequate?

Howdy Fastdash, welcome to the forums!

Are you absolutely certain you want a Tulpa? Having a Tulpa is a life long commitment, and I don't know if a few days is enough time for you to make this decision.

Why do you want a Tulpa?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Howdy Fastdash, welcome to the forums!

Are you absolutely certain you want a Tulpa? Having a Tulpa is a life long commitment, and I don't know if a few days is enough time for you to make this decision.

Why do you want a Tulpa?

Well, I like the idea of always having someone with me that understands who I am. What better candidate than someone who shares a brain with you? Not only could I seek their advice for whatever is troubling me, but I would also have the opportunity to teach them about the world and share my perspectives, as well as hopefully hearing theirs'. I could be inspired and motivated by them, and in return, I'm giving them the ability to exist within the world. To me, it's like having a friend who is as close as they can possibly be to myself.

3/9/2019

Before I start the entry for today, I want to start by saying I made a realization yesterday night. No matter how much I wanted my tulpa, Wigglytuff, to be like Guildmaster Wigglytuff, I knew it couldn't be possible. Even if I did accomplish this, my tulpa would feel bad. What I was doing was playing god, and that was not right.

So, last night, I took a few minutes to apologize to my tulpa. I told him how sorry I was for trying to force him to become the guildmaster and that I was in the wrong for my actions. During this, I also explained that I look up to Guildmaster Wigglytuff, but that is no excuse for my actions.

To end off my apology, I told him my new plan. I could not make my tulpa the guildmaster, but maybe I could teach him some of his qualities. Instead of forcing a personality onto him, I decided I would instead try to teach him the qualities that I love about the character, and that he could decide whether to take my lessons to heart or disregard them. He does not even need to keep the form or name too. Once he becomes vocal, I'll let him tell me if he wants to keep these parts of him or not.

In the end, I can only show him the path. He is the one who decides if he wants to go down it.

Now, onto today's events.

I continued to talk with my tulpa, as well as begin trying to visualize him in the real world. While I didn't actually see him, I could still imagine him in the real world without much trouble. I imagined him following me around, standing next to me while I did things, stuff like that. Despite having trouble with how tall he would be, I tried to give eye contact in the general direction his eyes would be. I even tried hugging him and gave him plenty of high fives. ..Well, seeing his paws, it's probably more like high ones.

What I mostly did today was try to play XCOM: Enemy Within with my tulpa. To put it simply, it's a turn-based strategy game about leading a small squad of soldiers trying to defend Earth from an alien invasion... and it's really hard. The idea was if I backed myself into a corner and I needed a solution, I would ask my tulpa for help. If I had a sudden eureka moment, I would attribute that to my tulpa helping me.

That plan did not work. However, I tried to explain the game to him and keep him involved, narrating to him about the situation and what I was going to do. I started getting really involved, referring to my soldiers by name and praising them for their accomplishments. During this, I also made sure to ask for his input on strategy. I was occasionally feeling head pressures, which let me know that my tulpa was engaged in what was going on.

However, the big thing that happened was when I failed one of the missions. My entire squad was wiped out by enemies known as thin men. Not only that, the squad consisted of some of my best soldiers too. Because this was early on in the game where I didn't have many good troops, I was thinking of just deleting the save and starting over like I usually do. However, I felt the will to continue onwards despite my less than optimal position. I was thinking that it was because my tulpa was there with me, and if I just gave up, I would be letting him down.

Overall, my tulpa witnessed the deaths of five virtual soldiers. One from a mission earlier, and four from the squad wipe.

Freaking reptilian invaders and their super high accuracy. 

1001032916_XCOMEnemyWithinThinMan.jpg.95a0230a6afe745ea12f65f8ffedd982.jpg

After I was done playing for the day, I decided to visualize the wonderland again. This time, I made it look like the situation room from XCOM, since that was relevant for what I wanted to talk about. It was blurry and vague again, but I was able to get some details right. During these few minutes, I talked to Wigglytuff about never giving up and leadership. I told him that he should try not to give up, even if things look bleak, and that he should try to lead others when they are astray and do not know what to do. Pretty simple lessons, but I feel Wigglytuff understood these concepts well enough. However, during the entire thing, Wigglytuff was standing on one foot and leaning his head off to the side, before switching over to his other foot, switching where his head was, and alternating between feet over and over in fairly quick succession. I don't know if this was my tulpa trying to get used to his body, or my mind making it move without me thinking about it.

Situation Room.

649396531_SituationRoom.thumb.jpg.ba14c78be6f503ef6062b86878189d9b.jpg

That was pretty much all the major things I did today. Now, a few questions.

1. Are these repetitive motions a product of my mind, or his?

2. Is playing XCOM or other games while narrating to him a good way to develop his vocality and possibly teach him some things?

3. Should I try to puppet Wigglytuff for a bit to help him figure out how his body should move, and then let him try it for himself?

The repetitive motions could be attributed to your tulpa trying to move their body as you suspect, or may be a sort of "glitch" that's common with early visualization. Others could give more solid advice.

Narration while playing games is actually what led to the first vocality of one of my tulpas, I've found there's almost always something to discuss because something's almost always happening to provoke reactions.

Perhaps puppet him a small amount if he's comfortable with it, if you feel resistance of some sort he might want to figure it out himself. Try and ask him about it.

On a side note, your realization eerily mirrors one of our own - I realized that it wasn't right to make a tulpa just to constrain them to the character they were based upon. I'm sure he understands and appreciates it.