Visualizing, and intrusive thoughts

Kiahdaj

But... but... they're delusions, Knapp. Rogue delusions.

Fede? Is that you?

What does Pinkie think of that? I'd say if your going to apply that tulpa are just subconscious delusions, then you yourself (your consciousness) could be the same thing, right?

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fede? Is that you?

I sure hope not. He has far too many accounts already...

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

She claims she's a seperate consciousness with astral energy powers to tease me. She just uses the simpler "I'm real to you." like it's the only thing that matters, which it is.

But, our consciousnesses are not delusions, for they were never deluding to begin with. You can't really compare the two like that. The reason I'm calling tuppers rogue delusions is because you're fooling yourself into believing that a hallucination with supersense powers is actually there (to you), and thus deluding. You start treating it so much like a real person that it "develops" feats, habits, and patterns identical to ours, and soon enough, it'll start "dreaming", "sleeping", "eating", and other apparent things that really are just subconscious excuses fitting so intricately into the situation that we'd swallow it all raw.

How would you explain switch possesion? Would it be just your subconscious controlling your body to act like how your tulpa would? Everything they say or do is just your subconscious? I guess we won't really know until some people get some research and studies on tulpa with evidence, since all we have are hypothesis.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest ThunderClap

The fact where I can never keep my focus while tulpaforcing and when I think I am managing to do so, I get a feeling like I am not accomplishing anything, discourages me.

Raetin: It's hard to put a straight finger on due to the blocky nature of psychological theory, but since the subconscious is the low-level department of the mind, it has first-row access to all the mind and body functions. Due to tuppers roaming this part of the mind, especially the "advanced" tuppers (possession, switching, belief system, etc.), it makes fine sense that this enables them to fiddle with a lot of switches. It sounds rather "simply" cut out, but this is the way I see it. Again, psychology is just mere theory based on tendencies of behaviors, and it seriously isn't that hard to analyze.

Also, totally agree with 412; a tupper is sentient from a pretty early point. It's just you that needs to believe in, and trust, it.

I did something last night that helped me establish what was puppeting / intrusive thoughts and what was genuine. Firstly, I let my tulpa perform an action on it's own (just try visualizing your tulpa, and see what it does) just to observe what her actions were like without puppeting. And then in the middle of said action, I interrupted and puppeted her intentionally. This helped me realize the difference between puppeted and non-puppeted actions (believe me, you can tell the difference when you do this). After that I pretty much said that any actions that felt the way they did when I interrupted her were puppeting and any actions that didn't feel that way were natural.

Somewhy i avoided trying this, didn't wanted to force my tulpa, but when you put it near intrusiveness i finally tried, and it was interesting. I found that i can't control her body directly, only imagine my own copy and move it, it was really distinct what i was imagining another hand over hers, suppressing original with it, original still felt unmoved. At one point she layed her hand behind me, and even when i succesfully convinced myself she removed it, i still felt other way that this hand must be there. Thanks, very usefull expirience.

Now i need to look closer at intrusive actions, and see their nature more detailed. But also i sometimes loose that second feeling of rightness, where she is, complete reimagining her in different place made me lost where is she truly.