Country-Based Wonderlands?

Hey, guys. I haven't been on this website in a while, so here I am. I know this might seem like a silly question, but are there any wonderlands that take in the form of countries or nations in general? I'm referring to geofiction, the creation of fictional geography, whether it will be people, cities, culture, (geo)politics, economy, history, etc., but that is a different story. Geofiction is meant to be used in novels and other fictional works. Do these hosts have these kinds of wonderland, or am I the only one? I think it is a rare thing, and I want to make sure. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some do though I can't remember off hand. I love the idea though I haven't fully fleshed one out. I think some plurals make them out of necessity as their system consists of small towns. 😄 Ours is a string of pocket dimensions accessed by a Matrix hallway. There's a volcanic atoll with a lagoon, a dinosaur park, a marina for Jaina's sea turtles, our cabin by a lake in a forest and our pond oasis in a grassy bowl. Oh yea and we do have a small city block now with the city park, some stores, a restaurant and a dance club. It's mostly built with plotonium and follows dream rules over internal consistency and cohesion. I'm lazy so I mostly just use Rimworld and Minecraft as aids.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍

👨‍🍼👩‍🍼 Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Phil (my host) has created a number of imaginary nations, cities, and worlds over the course of his life for various creative things. However, our wonderland is basically a fictionalized version of a place that really exists: rural Central Jersey. But he did draw what is essentially me represented as an island nation, so here's his drawing of "Simmie Island" 😄

image.png

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes

I'm sure some system somewhere has a wonderland like that. Definitely not us, though. We exist in a white, featureless void :) 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of February, 2022, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, Trease, Blinky, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

IceCreeper909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

On 8/25/2021 at 7:32 PM, TurboSimmie said:

Phil (my host) has created a number of imaginary nations, cities, and worlds over the course of his life for various creative things. However, our wonderland is basically a fictionalized version of a place that really exists: rural Central Jersey. But he did draw what is essentially me represented as an island nation, so here's his drawing of "Simmie Island" 😄

image.png

Nice. My wonderland is based on a mixture of Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Japan. My country (wonderland) is a federal monarchy with heavy liberal/democratic overtones while representing authoritarianism. The people living there are ethnically diverse. That's all I have to say about it. lol

• 10 months later...

Hey guys. I'm returning to this thread since it's been a while because I have a prolonged problem. So to get to the point, what are some helpful ways to improve my visualization when it comes to spending time in a complex wonderland that's nation-based? How can I manage it better than usual? I'm gonna mention a few people here, so if I'm bothering any of you guys then I apologize. I might eventually return to this forum in the future, but I'm doubtful and uncertain at the same time. It's kind of feels good to return considering that I've been busy with life, stepping away from the forum little-by-little, etc, so I'm looking forward to hearing a response from any of you guys. But until then, see ya! @TurboSimmie @IceCreeper909 @Glaurung26 @Miri @Breloomancer @Lucilyn

See ya later 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of February, 2022, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, Trease, Blinky, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

IceCreeper909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

You can use a lot of basic visualization techniques to help. Things like slowly introducing the environment to your senses one at a time. When I want to really get into an imaginary space, I lay down with my eyes closed and slowly focus on the different senses I should be experiencing: the feeling of where I am, the smell, the sounds, (usually don't use taste) and then I'll open my imaginary eyes to the scene. It makes sure I don't accidentally look over an important sense or something before I start moving around. Also, relaxing before going into it helps me alot, but don't do it if you're really tired or you'll drift off. These things alone should help a lot.

For a place as big and consistent as yours, I'd recommend making a document or file to store information in. You have a bunch of real world locations you're basing the wonderland off of, so you have a great start. Get some images to show what specific areas look like and keep them handy in case you forget. Fill in any missing details with a small description. Before doing the method I said in my previous paragraph, pick a place, building, or even just a room from your document and use the session to visualize it specifically. Based on personal experience, your mind can fill in the gaps if you get in there and think about it. If you can illustrate, use that to your advantage! 

The only way to improve visualization is to practice it, but even then it has its limits. I don't know many people who can get so immersed in their wonderlands that they mistake it for real life, but you can make it pretty vivid and complex.

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

Go on Google Maps or some other such service and look up images of buildings and landscapes in  the countries that inspired your wonderland, and pick out some images that feel like they would fit in your wonderland country. Download them and make a slideshow or video; you can arrange them by location (i.e. the capital of the country, the countryside, etc) or just have them all together. If you're a map nerd (like my host is) consider creating fictional maps; that will help with immersion. If you are a writer, create some lore for your country; write about how it came to be. You mentioned creating NPCs; if you have the Sims or a similar game you can create some of them in a game. Heck you can even create vignettes about some of them, or about life in your country.

Hope that was helpful! 😁 My host has a lot of experience with world-building so I'm happy to pick his brain for ideas! It's nice to see you again, even if we didn't know each other all that well before, and I wish you the best whether you decide to stay or leave!

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes

(edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 6:36 PM, TurboSimmie said:

Go on Google Maps or some other such service and look up images of buildings and landscapes in  the countries that inspired your wonderland, and pick out some images that feel like they would fit in your wonderland country. Download them and make a slideshow or video; you can arrange them by location (i.e. the capital of the country, the countryside, etc) or just have them all together. If you're a map nerd (like my host is) consider creating fictional maps; that will help with immersion. If you are a writer, create some lore for your country; write about how it came to be. You mentioned creating NPCs; if you have the Sims or a similar game you can create some of them in a game. Heck you can even create vignettes about some of them, or about life in your country.

Hope that was helpful! 😁 My host has a lot of experience with world-building so I'm happy to pick his brain for ideas! It's nice to see you again, even if we didn't know each other all that well before, and I wish you the best whether you decide to stay or leave!

Wow, I see! It's nice to meet you too! Also, can you provide me with some examples, please? 

Edited by Ranger
Took out weird formatting