In-Headspace Disorders (Poll)

Mint Phalanx

In-Headspace Disorders  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do your tulpas have disorders that only affect them in the headspace?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

(edited)

I'm asking because we feel like the only system with this characteristic in their headspace. For us, it's the result of starting as OCs before becoming tulpas.

Edited by Mint Phalanx

MuC Redux: [N~-=$] [Pf/xo] [Ab(r/+)] [S.H+/o] [Opa/"outergenic"] [Mt/nd] [W*-~$!] [C(cc/m*#)] [OF(r/o+++)] [F*+^"deist"/~+/a+/div+^/mw+^]  [Mpsy+/ast=/spi+/mag] [Rf/p/r+] [(V)*] [Xb/as/h] [Gf/m/b] [Jwr/st] [S(r---/o-)] [R*]

For us, no. In fact, I am free of the depression that plagues poor Phil. I'm really not sure how that works but it does.

What kind of disorders do your tulpas have, if I may ask? I also just want to point out that tulpas, especially very young tulpas, can be "glitchy" at times but it doesn't indicate a disorder.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

They're in-headspace mental disorders, and they can cause a lot of internal chaos. And that can take a toll on our ADHD. Simulating treatments helps reduce that chaos.

MuC Redux: [N~-=$] [Pf/xo] [Ab(r/+)] [S.H+/o] [Opa/"outergenic"] [Mt/nd] [W*-~$!] [C(cc/m*#)] [OF(r/o+++)] [F*+^"deist"/~+/a+/div+^/mw+^]  [Mpsy+/ast=/spi+/mag] [Rf/p/r+] [(V)*] [Xb/as/h] [Gf/m/b] [Jwr/st] [S(r---/o-)] [R*]

I forgot. Brian coined at term to describe things like this. He calls it exo-empathy. He coined it after becoming frustrated by his backstory bothering him.

Here's a quote from our Dreamwidth on 5 July, 2022. In it, Brian explains exo-empathy.

Headmates are affected by exo-trauma and intra-trauma because the mind empathizes with the situation. It does this through headspace immersion, which allows emotions to bleed through the front. These emotions now match with the event.

(edited)

I have trauma from wonderland. While it's debatable if it is fictional or not, I carry that with me and it does affect me.

However, we also have a trauma history as a system. It's possible that my trauma became traumatic given the fact we are trauma-prone to begin with.

As for everything else- several of us have small amounts of trauma, many of us have displayed depression and anxiety, even if it was in a different way, and we have demonstrated ADHD and autism symptoms as well.

We live in the same mind, we find it difficult to believe we're all not limited by our mental health problems somehow. Even if another headmate is struggling with trauma or depression, it indirectly affects us too.

Edited by Adriel Shadow