Do tulpas often have last names?

Guest Anonymous

Funny you mention pets. My past pet and my current pet had/have full names with a first, middle, and end.

That makes me want to give my tulpas my last name now.

>Not mixing all the names people gave your cat as a kitten and naming it "Mr. lucas mac fluffy the cat"

Tbh last names are kind of unnecessary when it comes to tulpae.

We use them to differentiate people we don´t know due to the sheer amount of them, but when it comes to our friends/family/acquaintances, it´s different.

Even if there are multiple people with the same name in our social circles we still manage to recognize them individually, which makes last names futile.

De bedste og smukkeste ting i verden kan hverken ses eller røres, de må opleves med hjertet.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there would be a point to giving your tupper a family name. I couldn't for the life of me think of a reason why you'd adress them by their family name. I mean, yeah, i suppose you could give them your family name but that would make some host-tulpa relationships rather awkward.

If Hex ever needs a last name for signing up for something online, I guess we'll use mine. But yeah, otherwise I can think of no reason she'd ever need one unless tulpae become much more common and accepted.

Roswell's just Roswell. We're not related, he's not exactly a part of the family and I can't say I am either, but eh, I need a last name for official things. Otherwise I'd get rid of mine too. I guess I should change my name. How's Ben Dover?

Besides, I have a non-English name and last name, adding that to Roswell's pretty English name would be silly. If he needs a last name for something, we'll just anglicize my last name I guess. Remove a few letters, reorder some and he's good to go.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

My tulpae don't have last names

I honestly dislike our human tradition of (generic first name)+(last name shared with a bunch of people you don't necessarily know or like) and I sometimes wish we lived in a society where anyone could have any sort of name they wish.

Roswell's just Roswell. We're not related, he's not exactly a part of the family and I can't say I am either, but eh, I need a last name for official things. Otherwise I'd get rid of mine too. I guess I should change my name. How's Ben Dover?

Besides, I have a non-English name and last name, adding that to Roswell's pretty English name would be silly. If he needs a last name for something, we'll just anglicize my last name I guess. Remove a few letters, reorder some and he's good to go.

what they said. And besides , Alpha didn't even want a first name to begin with.

Some people marry the tulpa too.

in their head

I think if you make a tulpa and a tulpa comes from you that makes you related. So having a family last name you have clicks with me now.

I think if you make a tulpa and a tulpa comes from you that makes you related. So having a family last name you have clicks with me now.

Yeah well, that's just your opinion, man.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

If there's any country in this world where you can legally marry your tulpa i'd love to see it. Not to visit it, though. Must be a rather weird place.

If there's any country in this world where you can legally marry your tulpa i'd love to see it. Not to visit it, though. Must be a rather weird place.

That would be probably every wonderland ever.

Not that most people DO marry their tulpa, but I don't see why somebody would specifically make host-tulpa marriage illegal in their wonderland.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)