How and why did you choose your tulpa(e)'s name?

Guest Anonymous

I came up with Quill because I wanted Quinn, but that's part of my dog's name (her name is Harley Quinn) and I didn't want there to be any similarity so Quill seemed a good fit and it was all I could really come up with since I'm awful at naming things. I also couldn't go around saying "the tulpa" so the name helps me focus.

Tulpa Information

[align=center]Name: Quill

Sex: Male

Form: Human

Stage: Visualization

Arawn's Progress Report[/align]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started forcing Crystal I couldnt visualise her form properly so I gave her the form of a glowing ball of light. About halfway into the first session doing this, she turned a vivid green, which reminded me of one of the semi-precious stones I have on my desk.

I couldnt even remember the name of the stone, but I liked the idea. I thought of the names of a couple of others and 'Quartz' stuck in my head so we rolled wih that.

Cue a few days of practise visualising later when I was confident enough to try and visualise her form properly again and found out that she had deviated a fair bit. Quartz just didnt fit her at all any more. I bounced some ideas around while passive forcing that day until I hit 'Crystal', which just sounded right.

She's never really given me much in the way of opinions on it, either good or bad. I guess she's just not too bothered what I call her.

Edit.

-----

It was Jade, the stone that the colour reminded me of. Not that I knew that at the time. In hindsight, Jade would also have been a decent name...

"Do I fear death? Absolutely, only because it's disappointing. Life is so amazing to witness and be a part of. If I could live until the stars die and the universe goes cold, I would do it just because I want to know how the story unfolds and if it actually ends at all or we keep finding a way."

Forseen's name was picked by him. I originally called him Aiden which then turned to Ayden. When he became voal I asked him about his name and we ended up arguing about it (cuz he kept choosing names I thought were ridiculous like Instanculus) until we both said okay to Forseen. It's pronounced FOR-seen btw :P He just changed it too, so I'm still trying to get used to calling him that.

Muse was named after Musedoll, which is the company that made the BJD I based her form off of. When she became vocal she liked the name, so she kept it ^^

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

My tulpa has many names. My tulpa has been my imaginary friend, daemon, and many other things for me, so I keep all his names. I'm trying at the moment to give him his tulpa-name to continue my tradition, but I haven't settled on one yet. PT is my idea at the moment.

:idea:

Was taking a road trip to Indiana for a Judas Priest concert and while in the front passenger seat I saw a sign that read "Ix". I got a weird sensation all over, mind and body, and jotted it down for later. After the concert (which was awesome, of course) I drew a new character which I name Ix. That character later became an obsession which became my now present Tulpa.

Name: Ix

Form: dragon

on: full sentience and vocalizations

Jan's name came to be due to his form, a Servine (pokeymansz, ya know), Servine's Japanese name is Janovy.

So in basic, it's a wordplay/abbreviation, he doesn't mind. Yet

'CAUSE I LIKE WORDPLAY.

It's that guy again!

Guest Anonymous

I was going through some names for her laying in bed and Lea got stuck in my mind, that's all.

Also her name isn't pronounced like you probably think it is pronounced.

Lyrra was the name of a town I was working on in Minecraft, on a now-dead computer. I mentioned it as a name, since I was getting a bit desperate for one at the time, and she seemed to like it; it's stuck to this day.

O, well, it was short for 'Other', dice he didn't have a name, but now it's just O. If we come across a name he likes, though, he'll probably change it.

Tulpae:

Lyrra

Human female, red eyes, long silver hair w/ black highlights

Imposition, Possession/Switching

December 2012

O

Black humanoid, glowing white eyes; large, black wolf, same eyes; human male, black eyes, silver hair.

Imposition, Mindvoice

6/18/2013