Continueing a tulpa, after trying to dissolve it for months

Noich

Whoa, I think you should give this decision some more time. I think it's best that you ask your own tulpa Spick. I know she can at least give at least an yes/no response by you visualizing her and seeing her give a bodily response for yes/no, try to ask her the question directly whether or not she was causing the spasms.

And if she did caused the spasms just know that she's just a couple months old and she may literally not know any better. just tell her what she shouldn't do, she'll listen.

I second that statement.

Whoa, I think you should give this decision some more time. I think it's best that you ask your own tulpa Spick. I know she can at least give at least an yes/no response by you visualizing her and seeing her give a bodily response for yes/no, try to ask her the question directly whether or not she was causing the spasms.

And if she did caused the spasms just know that she's just a couple months old and she may literally not know any better. just tell her what she shouldn't do, she'll listen.

I second that statement.

I used to get random spasms in my armpits, presumably caused by my tulpa.

These aren't dangerous (if annoying), and will probably pass if you make it clear that you don't want it to be happening and stay stern about it.

Definitely not a reason to kill someone!

I second that statement.

I second that statement.

I think you tripled that statement.

I used to get random spasms in my armpits, presumably caused by my tulpa.

These aren't dangerous (if annoying), and will probably pass if you make it clear that you don't want it to be happening and stay stern about it.

Definitely not a reason to kill someone!

Agreed. You wouldn't say: "Oh my God my friend is shakes me every once in a while! I should kill him."

I think it's definitely not possession by the tulpa, but rather communication through emotion. For me at least, I get chills whenever Leafy is very happy. You know, the kind that feels like it goes down your spine and feels cool. Maybe the spasms are a tulpa's way of communicating fear, especially since spasms are never voluntary, tulpa or no tulpa.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about spasms, but I had a rocky start with Naava too. I actually "killed" him a few times... But we've called it even since he was trying (and succeeding) to scare me. He was a creeper and I was an idiot, but we made it through. I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

What's with you guys "drawing the line" over something like DID. I started this fully aware that it might just be that tuppers are not just puppets that only appear as having a will of their own and look cute and cheer you up. I would have bought a fucking dakimakura if i wanted that. Seriously, what the hell. If your goal was having "an autonomous conscience inside your mind" then how could you not foresee things such as possession as possible from like a mile away? Do you peharps think people who live inside the same brain will necessarily be a dick to each other and claim the body for him/herself? If so you've probably been brainwashed by society or something. [blablabla sentience not proven yet blabla: i'm talking from the perspective of one who believes tuppers to be akin to DID, such as the OP].

Just to add a bit more backing to Lolimancer's comment, this post from a Multiplicity website!

In response to this,

The biggest difference that I’ve found is that the two are separate communities. It seems like the modern tulpa community has grown separately from that of the multiple community, and therefore the common ideas of “what is this?” are slightly different.

Tulpas are usually consciously created, and most who make one take care to not how fully formed the consciousness is and whether it functions on its own. Multiples seem to spring up naturally, or else fade slowly in as each one forms itself. However, there have been some people (such as writers whose consciously-created characters accidentally become headmates) who have talked about purposefully creating a headmate or becoming multiple. So yes there are exceptions, like you said. :)

The only differences I’ve seen in the function of tulpas and headmates is that those who create tulpas spend most of their time projecting the imagined physical form of the tulpa/thoughtform onto their surroundings, and put a lot of stress on self-disciplined, self-suggested auditory/tactile hallucinations. Tulpamancers (funny word for those who make/work with tulpas) often try to make it so that their tulpa seems as close to a physical creature as possible while maintaining independent emotions and thoughts. However, most multiple systems just have fronting/switching and communication, not projection. Some tulpas can “possess” the host, however, and it works like fronting, thought it’s sometimes less frequent. Everyone is different and some systems see/hear/sense their headmates as being outside of the body, though not in a very corporeal sense.

Tulpas and headmates are very similar, though, and there is a lot of overlap. Many tulpas hang out in a wonderland, which is pretty much the same thing as headspace/inworld, though some may be generated consciously and some may be subconsciously just there. In my experience, I created some “characters” consciously, and when they decided to be autonomous I figured I was a system of some sort, since they were fully formed enough to front and I already had a wonderland/headspace, and (being a therian) an in-world form to interact with them in headspace. That went on for a while until I started to read about tulpas, at which point my main headmate asked if we could try tulpa-y things like projection and have him do things half in an imagined/projected noncorporal form and half through me.

So, in short, tulpas and headmates are very similar, but there is a general trend that headmates happen and tulpas are formed. Also, many tulpas act as projected forms (like an imaginary friend that does what it wants…) and headmates often do things through the host body or otherwise stay in headspace, though there is a LOT of overlap. Also, some systems may have the terms used interchangeably. They’re similar, and tulpas and headmates could in theory exist in a headspace at once. But people generally only have one or two tulpas, unlike some systems. They also keep logs of process, and in the beginning usually talk to/work with their tulpas in “sessions”. The tulpa tumblr tag has a lot of logs on it of sessions, and has attracted very few trolls. It’s worth a gander, I think. :)

To sum it up, they’re different but similar. Very similar. The result is the same but the process is different.

I hope that helps Anon a bit - sorry for the rant!

- Theah (off main blog - multiple/tulpa/therian side blog is dragoness-exposed!)

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace