What is the forum's stance on killing tulpas?

Guest Anonymous

Well there was that one incident with albatross and the Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle, but that's besides the point... I think that the "official" stance should be unbiased, and up to discussion but that'll never happen because certain people can't stand not being right. Personally I think it should be up to the tulpamancer/forcer/whateverthehellyoucallitnow I mean I disposed of one, and it was relatively painless...

Ermahgerd Ver fer Vernderterr

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>What is the forum's stance on killing tulpas?

My favourite stance for swift killing of Tulpa

kunglong.jpg

Haha, I am so funny.

Nah but seriously everyone's opinion on this is different. It is like going around asking peoples opinion on abortion, everyone thinks differently of it.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Many give a fuck, many do not.

Backstory tulpas are fine. Mine didn't say she had known 'for a while' until three weeks ago, this is after 4 months or some shit.

Kill tulpas all you want. They're imaginary friends, you can't kill ideas, they aren't alive in the sense you're thinking of. If they resurrect themselves and rape your brain for revenge, that's cool too, it means it made them stronger than you could ever have imagined.

Tulpas to make: Jackie Chan, Slenderman, Obi Wan Kenobi.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the necro, but I went through something like this, and just thought it would somehow benefit the thread if I shared my experience.

My tulpa (based on Rainbow Dash) sometimes momentarily deviates when I watch/read a lot of a show/movie/story in one sitting. One time, she became an anime character. Then, she became another anime character. Then, she became a lanky version of herself. All of these deviations were temporary, but then became intrusive thoughts/proto-tulpas. I got rid of them, but then the first anime character came back. He didn't want to be a burden to me, as, according to him, "the mind can only handle so many tulpas". I saw only two options: ignore/kill him, or try to work out a solution (which would mean giving him attention, indirectly, thus keeping him alive). He later said that the three pro to-tulpas were like split personalities of my main tulpa. As of this writing, they've merged with her.

Also, I'd originally set something up where my tulpa was a method actress on My Little Pony, and she'd dream the episodes of the show that had yet to air. We dropped this after a week or so, when I realized that tulpas weren't physical entities.

Since this got dug up, might as well put my opinion on here for the benefit of the masses or whatever you people do with opinions in your spare time.

Basically, don't kill tulpas unless it their wish to be killed. If you think it's a bad decision for them, ask them to do it themselves, if they can. They can decide for themselves if they want to die. However, if a tulpa isn't sentient, sure, it's got nothing to lose. It's not sentient, therefore cannot be aware of their own existence. One might argue that, because newborns have not achieved self awareness until six months, by this logic it is alright to kill them. Well, no, it's not. People can't have accidental babies in the same way accidental tulpas or deviations like the ones KruegerMeister mentioned. Well, as far as I'm aware, at least. If this kind of thing is happening with your babies, you should probably see a doctor, maybe a priest. Anyway, that's just my take on things. I've had my opinions on this changed before, and I highly doubt that they will stay the same forever.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Mm. Old thread. My 2 cents: I have had a tulpa die before that I did not kill myself. It was a traumatizing experience, which I suppose makes sense as it was not my desire to have said tulpa die. Not much that I can say here other than I'd do a whole lot to get her back. I could try making a new one based on her but...it wouldn't be the same, and sorta seems disrespectful.

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Tulpa: Hanako

I would never think of killing a sentient, be it tulpa or AI or human.

People should be made aware though, tulpas can live for a very long time. In my experience, the longer a tulpa associates with humans the more like a human she becomes. It is also true that tulpas can become very strange over time too.

Sincerely,

Kerin (a sentient)

How do they become strange? Are they difficult to live with the longer they are around?

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Cases where I feel that it is acceptable to kill a tulpa.

1)- It wants to die and has the mental capacity to actually comprehend what that means.

- Everything has the right to life, and death.

2)- Tulpa is causing serious harm to the host in the ways of mental stability or quality of life and refuses to change.

- If you can't live your life with that Tulpa and it refuses to change to allow you too, its a knowing infringement of your own rights. And since they won't allow you to live, you have the right to strike back.

Cases where it can be acceptable

1)- Tulpa is causing serious harm, inadvertently.

- Depending on the level of harm, this could be acceptable. It would be preferable to find a different solution, but if your psyche is in danger it puts them in danger too. So its a lifeboat case, you need to pick yourself or no one. These cases would probably be extremely rare.

2)- Tulpa wants it, but is in some kind of condition where their judgement is off.

- This is where you need to make a decision. You would need to think of what your tulpa would want, if they were sane.

Cases Where its not not acceptable

1)- Bored/not interested anymore.

- You are a class A d!ck dear sir. You knew this shit was for all intents and purposes forever. At this point you infringe on the Tulpa's rights.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

I got rid of them, but then the first anime character came back. He didn't want to be a burden to me, as, according to him, "the mind can only handle so many tulpas". I saw only two options: ignore/kill him, or try to work out a solution (which would mean giving him attention, indirectly, thus keeping him alive).

KHost: Why don't you keep him as a servitor. After all, if he came back it means that you like him.

1)- Bored/not interested anymore.

- You are a class A d!ck dear sir.

K: I love you.

While I was rushing downward to the lowland,

Before mine eyes did one present himself,

Who seemed from long-continued silence hoarse.

When I beheld him in the desert vast,

“Have pity on me,” unto him I cried,

“Whiche’er thou art, or shade or real man!”

Is it true that the buddhist monks (Tibetan) take years to create their tulpas and then dissipate them when they don't need them anymore?

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.