Out of touch, sleepy feeling while at school?

Spice

EDIT: This thread was the first time I worked out I was working through some trauma! It was caused by me dissociating almost daily for a year or two when stress and depression was affecting me. If you have these symptoms, PLEASE look into DPDR, dissociation and depersonalisation. It took me 2 years to figure it out for sure, but my dissociation was my depression messing with me. Im ok now, I hardly ever dissociate anymore.

The concentration was the fact that my depression meant that school seemed meaningless and boring, so I began to notice I had adhd like symptoms. these years later and yep, ive got adhd, I just never noticed before because I used to love school. When i started working and existing as an adult, it became very noticeable.

(First of all this is my first post so I apologise if anything is wrong, especially because it's typed on a mobile.)

I've been working on my tulpa for about a month now, and the past few weeks I've noticed I've been feeling 'out of touch' like I'm just controlling my body rather than BEING it.

It happens when forcing went for a long time the previous night or if I meditate before school.

Another thing is that on those days my concentration is lacking and often goes into a blank state where I don't remember anything for the previous 10-20 seconds.

My tulpa isn't vocal but has moved and said my name.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

If your tulpa said your name it's vocal.

If you're meditating, those sorts of feelings can happen. What is your point of focus when you meditate? If your focus on schoolwork as your point of meditation or if you be mindful of it, and your focus on it will increase.

That out of touch feeling was mentioned at least a little in a philosophy book called "The Spirit of Tao." It talks about the spirit and then the mind leading the body, instead of the body leading the mind. If you read around about people who meditate all sorts of weird things may or may not happen. If you're feeling like this and it isn't a lack of sleep nutrition and exercise, then you are in a good position to ignore your body and do vivid wonderland or impose yourself in the world type things.

I've heard this being mentioned as a relatively frequent side effect of meditation; feeling of disconnection with your body and actions can happen. In fact one time i literally felt i was watching myself doing and saying things for an hour or so, no thinking at all, just watching; this was after meditating myself to numbness and letting tupper possess body with not-so-good results. If i didn't know better i would say i was being possessed but i clearly wasn't.

Maybe its nothing but a simple springtime lethargy? Like every year, i happen to have it right now and it always hits me hard.

It kinda feels like what Spice describes even though i'm sleeping a lot currently. I bought caffeine pills to at least stay awake at work. :/

I don't believe that this condition is tulpa related in any way.

They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants - not here.

At Tulpa.info we do all our science from scratch; no hand holding.

I personally have small periods of tiredness and loss of awareness towards the end of the school day. I didn't get this before I started on Silver.

Lot's of my friends ask if I am stoned when this happens because I just look like some random kid in the corner staring into space with my mouth open and replying really slowly.

It does not affect me and I do not worry about it, it's all chill.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

Hi there, welcome to the forums :)

What everyone said here is really good advice/interpretation of what's going on I think. As mentioned earlier it sounds to me like you may also benefit from more sleep. However, I can tell you that what you're experiencing is nothing to worry about and is completely normal--probably not even tulpa-related. And if you want, there are definitely ways to work around it but it's all under your control. It could just be a matter of an extra cup of coffee or two as well. Or perhaps--more importantly, working on something in school that you're actually interested in (this can be not really in your control, lol)

I'm 23 so I've been through gradeschool and college already, and let me tell you, particularly in gradeschool (it was a bit of a rough time for me), I used to self-induce the kind of feeling you're getting of being out of touch just to get away from the humdrum of the day. I found that this most often happened if I completely got absorbed emotionally and mentally in something wildly imaginative; such as a really immersive fantasy novel/movie, my own world, etc. It would end up being in a completely altered state. It would pass of course in a day or so, but I could always activate it up again if I wanted to by re-immersing myself in the 'source material'. This was all before I knew what I was doing with tulpae. Even now I get myself into these kind of states every so often--had one a couple days ago. I've found that it's really the same as before, but having and working with my tulpa can bring on these altered states more readily.

Anyway, not to worry, as long as it's not affecting your grades you're fine. Have some fun with it and try to get a bit more sleep if you can.

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

Sounds more like you aren't getting enough sleep/you find your classes boring. As long as it isn't negatively impacting your grades it's nothing to worry about.

/thread

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Sounds more like you aren't getting enough sleep/you find your classes boring. As long as it isn't negatively impacting your grades it's nothing to worry about.

I would agree, except for this statement:

I've been working on my tulpa for about a month now, and the past few weeks I've noticed I've been feeling 'out of touch' like I'm just controlling my body rather than BEING it.

I had plenty of times in school with absolutely wretched sleep and dead boring classes, and I never once felt anything like not "being" my body. I couldn't really imagine what it would feel like. Now with meditation, forcing, much better sleep, and not being forced to sit through boring lectures, I know the exact feeling he describes and it happens off and on during the day. It feels like the body is moving partially or entirely on its own, except that it is doing what I will it to do. It's often accompanied by an odd but pleasant feeling of almost-floating.

I can trigger it by thinking about it, reminding myself that the doer doesn't need to be the same as the observer, or simply by observing little actions the subconscious does without me thinking.

I'm actually trying to build on this feeling because I suspect it can be used to help in letting a tulpa take control for possession. My thinking here is that I'm turning over more of the actual act of moving to the subconscious, which I then tell how I want it to move. Once it becomes stronger and more consistent, I should be able to stop sending ideas of how to move, and ask a tulpa to start sending some.

Additionally, perceiving an additional stage between myself and the body should make it easier to "detach" from it and move to having entirely vivid wonderland sensations, even if the body is moving. This plus possession should lead to switching.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I've had problems with lack of sleep in the past, but it's much better now. I think it's the meditation side effects. If it could help in the long run then I won't worry so much about it.

Mayormorgan: (dunno how to quote yet.) the spirit leading the mind is pretty much what it feels like. Interesting :3

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.