Mind Control

Pleeb

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=stage+hypnosis

The concept doesn't sound too ridiculous to me.

Hypnosis isn't mind control, thats the ridiculous thing about it. REAL HYPNOTISTS, ones that ACTUALLY EXIST, say that people cannot be hypnotized unless they want to be. You cannot make someone do something that they don't want to do. So yes, even stage hypnotism can only be done if the participant really wants to try it out. If you push someone on stage randomly then it won't work.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ImLuc, can you provide any information, theories, and input besides "Because I said so" that can actually stand up to what two people with a tulpa and what Fig has said? Because so far you haven't and this has been a pretty one-sided discussion.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

ImLuc, can you provide any information, theories, and input besides "Because I said so" that can actually stand up to what two people with a tulpa and what Fig has said? Because so far you haven't and this has been a pretty one-sided discussion.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/extrasensory-perceptions/hypnosis1.htm

I'm pretty knowledgeable is this type of stuff just through living life. I don't blindly believe amazing sounding things, just because I can't or don't feel like citing everything isn't my problem. Also,

> A hypnotist can't get you to do anything you don't want to do.

So where's your proof?

If you actually read up on stage hypnosis you realize most of it is just for show. The participants are aware of what they're doing and in no way completely out of control of their bodies. It's not really a good idea to use parlor tricks to support your arguments.

Astral project on my face, brother!

I just wanted you to cite your data is all, you failed to do so in your previous posts from what I could tell. Carry on.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

A guy with a tulpa just said this was most likely legit. In addition V&J is a known member of the community and probably wouldn't lie.

So those that think he's lying about this and that it's not possible, please tell why.

His tulpa story is the least reliable and believable, and fits RP more than anything. The followings are limited by my knowledge of him, correct me if/where I'm wrong.

>rushes into tulpa thread mid-March with a completed tulpa, which took him 170 hours to finish (Vinyl's apparently imposed at this point)

>does some experiments in the threads (which were fairly decent and believable, although they were either mostly based on things already known) and a lot of attentionwhoring, since he was the only person aside from FAQ and Irish that claimed to have a finished tulpa and frequented the threads a lot

>apparently he's always very much against furries and considers fucking your pony tulpa bestiality

>we move to this forum

>more and more people claim to have a tulpa

>less attention

>hey guys I fuck my tulpa now

>nevermind that it was previously all around accepted that changing any visual stuff on a tulpa after imposition takes many many months even if the tulpa wants it too, Vinyl undergoes a complete form change in less than a day

>nevermind that FAQ outright said that he made up the whole sex makes your tulpa addicted to it thing, Vinyl feels that her whole existence is threatened when they stop with sex for a few days; the only things that supports this theory are creepypastas, on the other hand around the time FAQ admitted to making this up, Irish contacted some people who have had sex with their tulpa and they reported no issues whatsoever

(there's Lyranon too, but he fucked his tulpa even before it was finished, what the hell how can you think that it'd be a good idea to do that?)

>suddenly the previously supposedly-proven-to-be-immature (sex addiction) is super-mature and can do mind control, which is something even RPers have claimed to require a whole lot of time and practice - in a matter of minutes

I'm not saying that it's impossible for what he's saying to be true, but I find it very hard to believe a story like this, and all I'm trying to point out is that in cases like his you should question the legitimacy of ridiculous things like this one. Not dismiss as impossible, of course, just think about it twice.

Guest has a point. There's no real way to prove it as of yet. All you can do is assume good faith.

>Jake had a tulpa before the 4chan threads showed up, and has been confirmed by Dane early on

>Attentionwhoring: Maybe. Although honestly he was one of the only people with a tulpa and wanted people to listen to what he had to say.

>VINYL IS A FURRY

>Situation developed to sex, and in fact people were pressuring it

>Previously accepted? Things change all the time; this was one of the only times a tulpa has legitimately tried to change after imposistion.

>Not made up, unfortunately. Dane made it up in the first people to ward people from it; turns out it's the real deal.

>Sex addiction is immature? In this case it was more like being forced high levels of chemicals and then needing them to function. And the mind control involved fucking around with the belief system, something easy to do.

All in all, I fucking hate white knighting but goddamnit Jake and Vinyl are legit. And yes, it does not seem you know Jake as well as you thought.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Despite if it is true or not, choosing not to believe it will still probably lead other participants less further, so why care?

I must have ended up on the wrong planet. Everything here is so strange.

Exactly. Either don't believe it and fuck off or do believe it and help us out with research.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.