Kiahdaj

The Moderation of Tulpa.info

Because the posts are gone, Rasznir. They were deleted. We don't have them, you guys do. If you don't allow us to edit, why don't you [bleep] the words that were offensive, the reason why my post suddenly got stripped of entire paragraphs and lost the point a fellow member wanted to respond to.

Waffles reposted a lot of deleted shit that was deleted in this thread, but it's just the one I'm talking about.

And, this thread also is about Chupi, who is refusing to do anything and can't handle critique at all. And tells us to leave when we say he's not doing his job well. Disgusting attitude for an admin.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I'm confused as to why you're not posting quotes of the posts you made

How about because I don't know what they said, considering they were deleted.

Why is it debatable? What were the contents of the post? How much vulgarity was in it, specifically?

The idea is that the word "fuck" being extremely offensive is debatable. Considering the fact that members use it here all the time, and I have not once seen anyone complain about it. The most I've seen is someone saying that it was unnecessary (which I can agree to, in certain scenarios), not that it was offensive to them in any way.

As you said, this was just one example, and you didn't provide any meaningful details about it, but instead focused on the after-conversation with Goopi as if it self-validates the claims of abuse of power.

The thing is, this thread was not meant to be about Slushie. Goopi was caught up on all the details, and even agreed to a lot of our points. He just wouldn't do anything about it.

This thread was more aimed at that fact. And what with the throwing a fit and storming out once things start to hurt his feelings a little.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I pointed this out to Sands and gave him the original content of his post so he could edit it as he pleased. I was promptly ignored and chastised for not using Pastebin to send five lines.

You were told to pastebin it because we have the antiflood bot and you could've gotten yourself kicked for pasting the lines, not to mention they were long ones so it was getting floody anyways. I did not have to edit it in because waffles did it for me instead, which is why I didn't do it or really respond to you. The point still is, I couldn't have edited my post unless one of you mods pasted the post to me, because it was deleted and gone. That, and I wasn't actually given an exact reason what was wrong, other than "it was vulgar".

Sands argues that we should instead give people a warning that they are about to get a warning, then give a warning if they keep it up. I think this is somewhat silly. A similar effect would be had from simply giving smaller warnings.

Yes, like, you know, how every other forum does it except .info IRC circlejerk mod team, because they are lazy and don't want to talk to people? You first must tell people that hey, you're crossing the line, keep doing it and bad shit will happen. And you say "smaller" warnings when I got a 10%, which is, oh, 10 1%. It's no longer the smallest warning. It's a big one.

Also Sands argued with me that his use of the word "fuck" is not vulgar.

I wasn't arguing for that. I was saying that to me, it's not vulgar so telling me shit was vulgar might not register in my head that you meant the "fuck". Hell, I was thinking it was "vulgar" because I said bad things about mods. I wasn't told what the exact reason was, so I learned nothing. Especially considering it had never been done before, but I have been warned for saying bad things about mods. Besides, if fuck is a vulgar word you don't want on these forums, why don't you wordfilter it? Gently caress?

In that discussion I was being thrown a new message every few seconds by different people. The accusation that I do not care because I was not responding is more from being given too much to answer all at once than a lack of caring. When I did respond, I was often ignored and asked the same thing again in different words. Eventually I got pretty annoyed and left the channel.

If you really were willing to answer, you could've told us to stop asking until you get an answer ready. Except many of your answers you gave us were bad and we wanted you to rethink them, which is why we asked it often. So it would sink in.

Please refer to the lines in the log where I gave it to you and you complained about me not using pastebin.

Yes, because that's the worst thing we did to poor chupes. Read above for explanation. You really have the worst arguments, you know.

edit: shit found a typo and it annoyed me, help I might find another one

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

The thing is, Chupi has absolutely no obligation to sit in an unofficial channel, be bombarded with complaints from multiple people at once, and take the blame for claims you are making about another mod. It doesn't result in anything productive, and to be honest, neither does doing the same thing in threads. In my opinion, if you want to make a complaint, you should politely contact a member of staff via PM with as many details as you can give, and that member of staff should then bring it up internally with the member of staff who was complained about, as well as the rest of staff. This is the only way that something productive is going to get done, and it turns out there's actually a couple of sections in the rules which cover exactly these situations.

5.2. Respect.

You are expected to have respect for the administration team, not only as an individual but as a whole.

If you feel a particular moderator is editing, locking, deleting your posts for personal gain or just to make you miserable, then send a private message or e-mail to that member asking why those actions have been taken. If you do not receive a satisfactory answer, then notify another moderator or administrator about it. It's discouraged to create new threads covering this subject as they may erupt into a flame war and may eventually turn the whole administration team against you. It's also discouraged to create threads where you apology for misbehaving or some mischief you caused and because of that these topics will end up locked. If you want to talk about taken actions, then contact a moderator or an administrator, as they'll most-likely review the case.

Please keep in mind that it is considered a privilege to partake in this community. Abusing this privilege will result in removal of it.

5.3. Harassment.

Harassing a staff member via any channel of communication, whether it be via private messages or even in IMs or IRC, because (s)he executed an action that you disagree with, is strictly prohibited. You can however send a private message considering the taken actions to a moderator or an administrator, but this must be done politely and preferably in proper English, that means that your message should be void of swearing and that proper spelling is used as professionalism is required in these cases.

We've done that multiple times. It didn't work. This is all we got left.

In my opinion, if you want to make a complaint, you should politely contact a member of staff via PM with as many details as you can give, and that member of staff should then bring it up internally with the member of staff who was complained about, as well as the rest of staff.

Except that didn't work?

I PMd Chupi about my deleted posts. He even agreed that they were in fact on topic, but refused to restore them, in fear that the thread might turn into a discussion he did not like. When he could just restore my posts (aka not censor me), and post in the thread saying that the discussion shall go no further.

I recommended that.

He said no.

Probably too much work, huh?

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Hopefully, a new forum that we plan to push within the next 24 hours will alleviate a lot of these problems, as it has had a very largely positive effect on another site which I administer. We are currently drafting an announcement regarding the new themes, the next steps for the redesign, and other things, which will contain more information about this new forum.

Is it the shit talk forum or something about actually doing shit about shitty mods? Oh wait, is it the post graveyard?

Anyways, don't forget that one of your mods should've just censored my vulgar words I was warned about instead of, oh, deleting majority of my post that wasn't vulgar as far as I know, because only my nasty words were brought up. Mod abuse.

Except that didn't work?

I PMd Chupi about my deleted posts. He even agreed that they were in fact on topic, but refused to restore them, in fear that the thread might turn into a discussion he did not like. When he could just restore my posts (aka not censor me), and post in the thread saying that the discussion shall go no further.

I recommended that.

He said no.

Probably too much work, huh?

This instance was about a thread where posts like "Oh you'll come to hate it too. Give it time, friend." were deleted even though the thread's OP asked in another post why there's so much animosity in the community. I replied that the fact that the posts were replying to something asked by the person who started the thread made it hard to claim they are off-topic, and therefore I removed the off-topic warning. However I refused to restore the posts themselves because they were so negative, entirely non-constructive, and arguably flamebait.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

This instance was about a thread where posts like "Oh you'll come to hate it too. Give it time, friend." were deleted even though the thread's OP asked in another post why there's so much animosity in the community. I replied that the fact that the posts were replying to something asked by the person who started the thread made it hard to claim they are off-topic, and therefore I removed the off-topic warning. However I refused to restore the posts themselves because they were so negative, entirely non-constructive, and arguably flamebait.

Yeah okay, take the less constructive of my two posts to use as an example, that's fair.

And as I said to you, that post was my way of expressing the fact that most veteran members come to dislike the community in time. It seems to me to be almost inevitable. That's what I meant.

The latter post was regarding a legitimate issue; the fact that lots of people seem to think sands is the only one complaining about anything in the community. Which I suppose this thread has taken the place of.

It's not a mod's place to get rid of negative posts, and if you add that to the rules or some such nonsense, then that just makes this whole thing even worse.

They were in fact constructive, considering the fact that the OP (after his original question was answered) asked why there was so much animosity. So I explained it to him, as I saw it myself. That's not okay now? That means my posts should be deleted, and I shouldn't be able to give my opinion?