School having a negative effect on my tulpa?

Feather Gust

Hello everyone, this is my first post in these forums.

Me and my tulpa are having some problems since school started. We thought it'd be a better idea to have her stay at home while I'm at school so I can focus on class. However when I'm in class, I can't stop thinking about her, because I miss her desperately.

This is making us suffer a lot because we're not as happy as we used to be in summer, and our relationship isn't as strong as before. We would really appreciate some advice.

Just in case you need to know, she's a bit more than 2 months old.

"Stay at home"?

Anyway, you could always just talk to her enough in class that you don't miss her so much (and the other way around). Talking to her just a little bit shouldn't be detrimental to your focus at school, but should keep you from missing her too much. Which is a little crazy but okay.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I agree with Kiahdaj. If you want to talk to your tulpa at school then talk to them at school. There are presumably breaks and downtime between classes in which you are free to talk to your tulpa (and not your friends). And unless you're a really poor student, you should be able to spare a bit of focus during classes too.

You needn't tell yourself that your tulpa is staying at home because you know that they aren't really, and you know that it's only detrimental to deny yourself interaction with your tulpa. Even if you don't talk to them much, just having them there could make you both feel a lot better.

Since classes have started, my tulpa and I have been together less, as well. Callista and I talk a little bit at school, but for any friendship a little alone time is okay, as well. I'm by no means saying you shouldn't talk to your tulpa if you want to, just that you shouldn't feel bad if you have other things to focus on. Callista enjoys having her own downtime. She's been reading rather obsessively lately. It might help if either your tulpa picks up hobbies like that or you become aware of it. That way everyone has their own things to focus on. In addition, assuming you have a wonderland, you and your tulpa can spend time there while you're also in school, which doesn't necessarily require talking to spend time with them.

Well, I've been done with school for more than ten years now, but I've had a similar problem at work -- it's hard to passively force in such a chaotic environment. What my tulpa and I do, we call "riding". I sit or stand still, and she steps into my body, and rides inside. It's like possession, except she's not in control. This way she can be with me all day, and we can still talk, but without the challenge of passive forcing.

Of course this is all rather subjective.There's nothing to stop you from talking to a tulpa who's back at home, or in the wonderland. Many people do. But it's a personal preference of ours treat her like a physical person whenever possible, which means not talking when she's not present. Riding is our compromise between not being physical and not being present.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

I always found it nice to have a tulpa with you during school. I would always teach to and study with my tulpa as a way not only to help myself learn the concepts better, but also as a way to spend some time with my tulpa. I just can't really understand how you wouldn't have your tulpa "be with you" during a very long, unexciting (assuming you're not the type who finds it exciting) part of your life. What problems exactly are you facing?

I have the same opinion as Mr.white. I find having someone to talk to about the concepts helps me to understand it better myself. It also helps that she's more focused than i am, and draws my attention back to the lecture instead of letting me go off on tangential thoughts. overall i find having her there to be helpful and rewarding.

I'd also like to know why this is a problem for you, if you don't mind sharing.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

I'm also wondering why it is the OP can't seem to take his tulpa with him to school. Heck, I had Asperger's when I was in grade school, and with the exception of my junior year of high school, having my tulpae around during the day never really distracted me from the lessons.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report