arbiterspartan

Anyone wishing to meet?

Is there anyone in the UK?

Nope but I can get there for about 60 quid for one hour on a boat and 20 quid for fifteen minutes on a train and then I am in Essex.

''I mold my imagination as if it were clay''.

Guest Anonymous

Right now I'm in Oslo, someone else somewhere near?

Actually I'll most likely not meet up with anyone here, but I'm curious.

I'm going to have to agree with Zero on this one.

I would love to meet up with other people with tulpa, but coming up with an excuse to meet with someone I met on the internet, to parents who don't even know what a tulpa is. Would be a challenge. :/

Can't you just say that you've made friends with someone on the net and wish to meet them? I mean I don't exactly have the parental problem anymore because I'm 25 but that's what I used to do when I was underage. I've met tons of my internet friends...

Wish my parents were that understanding... :P

Generally, I'd guess, most parents don't understand or don't appreciate the array of interactions online, and many may not see how it's possible to befriend someone without seeing them face to face. I know my parents and friends parents (both offline and online) approach the idea of "Internet Friends" very much as I wrote, with the quotation marks and sarcasm.

It also doesn't help that there's the whole "OMG what if its a 40 year old pedophile" campaign to keep kids from giving too much info on the Internet.(which for the most part isn't a bad thing, but when it makes people assume any online interaction is dangerous...)

I went through all the major "steps" you are suppose to though. Meet online, talk for a while, become phone friends, talk for a while more, become snail mail pen pals, continue the talking, arrange first meeting in public place with you each having at least one other person with each other and then go from there.

I've always tried not to seperate internet friends from real life, but if anything less snail mail pen pals. Never transitioned to writing letters though. I always end up voicechatting and before long knowing their real names age location what not etc anyhow overtime. Just happens naturally when you play games with people you meet online whenever you play. Unlike pen pals none of those steps are really ones that some parents may consider legitimate though.

Voice chatting should be. I mean, people talk in a way that would be more like how they act. When you are just typing, you have time to think out what you say and how you want to say it, it's good for formal things, but it also helps people hide their true natures. When you speak to them over the phone or voice chatting, you get a much better impression of what kind of person they might actually be because when you speak, you tend to be much more natural about it. If you are talking to someone on the phone who gets wonky with how they word things, that tends to start to raise red flags that maybe you shouldn't meet them.

XD My parents are actually lesser of a problem. I have a internet friend who literally lives in the same freaking town as me and I STILL haven't met her in person, and my parents literally have asked me "aren't you ever gonna meet her?". Um, no, reason being I'm freaking awkward as fack. I've skyped with her and one of her other friends a few times, even then im just kinda sitting there listening to them talk doing my own thing. I just don't talk much o^o Until I get comfortable around you. In which case I may explode.

[Forseen]

{Muse}

|Alix|

This sounds interesting.

Yet I'm very jaded considering how people on forums et cetera act once they get on IRCs, blogs and other mediums that allow more fluid and natural contact. Once one sees the deeper colours of another's personality, the decision to understand them better soon curdles into regret.

This effect can certainly steer one the other way and augment one's appreciation and interest in another user, yet more often than not I've encountered what appear to be decent individuals who later degenerate into the most self-centered and baggage laden assholes.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.