Anyone wishing to meet?

arbiterspartan

Given the size of this community, and the positions a lot of people are in, I'm not sure there's a ton for most people here to gain from meeting up with others.

Being that you can't (directly) see/interact with other people's tulpas, I don't see how meeting a forum member in real life could be much better than conversing with them on the Internet.

Maybe for those that are really extroverted or just looking for some normal social interaction? Meeting others with tulpas in real life could be fun for them, but it may be difficult to find someone close and willing, given the size of the community.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being that you can't (directly) see/interact with other people's tulpas, I don't see how meeting a forum member in real life could be much better than conversing with them on the Internet.

I just feel I'd be more willing to believe/trust people after having a face-to-face conversation, and maybe even making a new friend in the process. If they were lying I think it'd be harder to conceal that fact in person, especially if they are a bad liar/actor and give it away somehow (body language, inconsistencies, etc).

Maybe for those that are really extroverted or just looking for some normal social interaction? Meeting others with tulpas in real life could be fun for them, but it may be difficult to find someone close and willing, given the size of the community.

That's what I'm hoping for. I would be really excited to talk with someone who says they have a tulpa. Still, I realize that given the size and the overall personality of most people here, it's very unlikely that anyone that might live nearby would want to meet. But I still thought I'd give it a shot anyways.

Progress Report

We as host just have to show gratitude in the smaller things with our tulpa(e).

Well, I have a real life tulpamancer friend, and I helped him in creating his thought-buddy. We don't hang out just to talk about them, mostly to just do normal friend stuff like vidyagames, but we will relay messages from one to the other, and occasionally ask one another what our tulpa thinks of a game we're playing, a picture we're looking at or something else.

I will say that it is relaxing to be around someone that understands when you talk to yourself outside of mindvoice, or have a sudden snicker-fit at something your tulpa just said. Also, even though we don't talk about our tulpa much, it's still nice to be able to speak to someone about it. I also have a brother and a few friends who, while not having a tulpa themselves, know about them from the two of us. In fact, it's because of my brother that Amber, for a short while, thought that she was capable of making my head "pop like in Scanners."

Bless her heart she tries.

Chrysala

Female

Personality: ESTJ; Soft-spoken wise counsel, devil's advocate, soothing temperament

Body: Western dragon with dark green scales with gold flecks, golden belly scales, sunset-colored eyes

Current stage: Personality building

Ambrosia

Female

Personality: ESFP; Cheerful firecracker, seeks to laugh and entertain, childlike curiosity, boundless energy

Body: Fairy with wild red hair, dragonfly wings, deep blue eyes

Current stage: Personality building

Voice chatting should be. I mean, people talk in a way that would be more like how they act. When you are just typing, you have time to think out what you say and how you want to say it, it's good for formal things, but it also helps people hide their true natures. When you speak to them over the phone or voice chatting, you get a much better impression of what kind of person they might actually be because when you speak, you tend to be much more natural about it. If you are talking to someone on the phone who gets wonky with how they word things, that tends to start to raise red flags that maybe you shouldn't meet them.

That's true.

I've always loved that first Time I here a persons voice it's like "Oh man hi I know what you sound like hi :3"

That's true.

I've always loved that first Time I here a persons voice it's like "Oh man hi I know what you sound like hi :3"

Or that funny, awkward moment when you're like "You sounds NOTHING/EXACTLY like how I thought you would!".

Or that funny, awkward moment when you're like "You sounds NOTHING/EXACTLY like how I thought you would!".

Me: "Hi"

People: "Omg your voice is so high and you even stutter you're exactly like how I thought you'd sound like."

Me: "I haven't said anything yet..."

But usually peoples voice meets my expectations of their voice too, sometimes when it's really different though it's a good moment too.

I have met six other hosts up to now. Two were prior friends, one of them started forcing after I told him about my tulpas, the other one discovered that he has an accidental tulpa.

Apart from that, I've taken up a habit of driving around Germany to meet hosts that I know from the IRC.

Unless anyone is in the Great White North, I think I'll be alone for a while ;_;

Name: Ruusaan

Form: Human

Working on: Imposition

Name: Lyra

Form: Satyr

Working on:

Name: Lily

Form: Human

Working on: