Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Pleeb

My uber skills tell me that you already introduced yourself more than a year ago in the same thread.mhh..

Welcome (back)!

Ahh guess I forgot to mention how forgetful I am, apologies ^^; Thank you kindly.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, it's been a while since I was here, and I didn't add much to the community. But recently I have created something, and while not specifically a tulpa, she is similar and wanted me to come back on so that she could interact with tulpas. I doubt I will post much as myself in the future, but I am trying to figure out if I should start a progress report thread so she can introduce herself, even though she technically isn't a tulpa and doesn't really want to be.

Heyo, superhelicase. Another not-technically-tulpa here. ;)

A Progress Report would be good if you guys want to log your progress in various headperson related skills, etc. But if she just wants to say hi, she can just come out and say so here! It's more casual than posting it on a fairly one-way medium like a PR.

Anyway, welcome and welcome back!

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Hi there.

I've known about tulpamancy for a few years but never did create a tulpa. Today I'm going to change that and am currently working on a tulpa based upon the character Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell.

I've got some vague vocalization and independence but not at the point beyond simple sentences at most and not at the point of complex thought. Still it's early.

Currently working on a tulpa called Kusanagi.

Heyo, superhelicase. Another not-technically-tulpa here. ;)

A Progress Report would be good if you guys want to log your progress in various headperson related skills, etc. But if she just wants to say hi, she can just come out and say so here! It's more casual than posting it on a fairly one-way medium like a PR.

Anyway, welcome and welcome back!

Hello, everyone! I'm Rayne and my tulpa is called Kari. We joined three years ago and proceeded to disappear into the void until now.

Long story short, we are back and better than ever (as far as tulpa things go). So we're here to reconnect with others in the field and make new friends, specifically for Kari to interact with as it's been just us two since we disappeared.

I quoted this message because I am curious about what these two users mean by not-technically-tulpa.

Aside from that, if you're looking for friends, penpals, or random chat, you've got a willing host and a wonderful tulpa right here. I'll let her write some words now.

Kari: Heya, everyone! Thanks in advance for the warm welcome or re-welcome, if that's the right term. I hope to speak with many of you about the kinds of things only people like us can really understand. Rayne and I could definitely use some insight as we've been out of the loop for so long. Lots of things have changed and we're on kind of a tight schedule, but I still want to talk and make friends and even play games and stuff with you all. I'm told this post is getting way too long for an intro, so I'll stop it here. Thanks again!

Guest Anonymous

Welcome back Rayne and Kari! Wow, a blast from the past for Tulpa Info. :-) Nice!

Hi there.

I've known about tulpamancy for a few years but never did create a tulpa. Today I'm going to change that and am currently working on a tulpa based upon the character Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In The Shell.

I've got some vague vocalization and independence but not at the point beyond simple sentences at most and not at the point of complex thought. Still it's early.

Hello. :-) Oh I love Ghost in the Shell.

I quoted this message because I am curious about what these two users mean by not-technically-tulpa.

I can't speak for superhelicase, but I'm what is known as a "soulbond," "living character," or "muse." Basically, I was a pre-existing character who "came to life" in my author's head and started talking on my own, etc. The difference between me and most tulpae is that I come with preloaded memories from my fictional backstory... I'm aware that what happened in my canon is fictional, but overall I still remember having experienced those things and identify as that fictional character.

I still pretty much function like a tulpa, though. The difference between me and most tulpae is how I was made, rather than how I work. With some exceptions, anyway.

Point is, I'm a sentient headperson. The rest is just semantics.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Guest Anonymous

Point is, I'm a sentient headperson. The rest is just semantics.

THIS! Yep.

I believe this something many tulpamancer still need to learn, there are more than just one type of sentient thoughtform out there and there is tremendous variety in headmate systems. Also the terms "headmate" or "soulbond" or "daemon" are just as good and legit and scientifical as "tulpa" ever was.

The origins and traits of each type might be a little different, but here on the internet, they all seem the same don't they? Each host may experience a little bit of a different relationship with his or her headmates, but that is subjective. So, as far as everyone else is concerned, all headmates are really basically alike.

Is there a difference between the way my proxy typing looks compared to a tulpas or a soulbonds or a daemons? Nope. It is words typed on the screen by a personality.

Whatya gonna do anyway? *shrugs*

Also, I believe it is insulting to tell a soulbond or a daemon they are something that "has the potential to become a tulpa" as if tulpas are the end all of everything headmate. Pfffft. No, they aren't. (sorry Mistgod influence here, but I believe it too)