Unpopular opinions about tulpa

zhnzhp

Nobody can agree on what real means. You guys use it to mean "physical", but I use it to mean real - a truth of your reality. In fact I don't believe the physical aspect of our lives to be any more real than our imagination, because it isn't, not to you. To others, but not to you, and you're the you that matters to you.

So my unpopular opinion about tulpas is that they're just as real as you. If their sentience is fake, so is yours, but I'd be alright with that statement too. Saying your tulpa's sentience isn't real is placing yourself in a more powerful I-am-the-true-consciousness position, identifying your ego with a thing instead of your being. You are your consciousness, the awareness that creates your life. You aren't an idea in your own head. If that idea of "you" is sentient, so is your dang tulpa who is also an idea in your head. Just because you're more attached to your thought-identity than your tulpa's doesn't make either greater. You're both "things" stemming from your overarching conscious awareness of your reality. Most people are just too blind to realize "they" aren't their thoughts, but the ones thinking them.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody can agree on what real means. You guys use it to mean "physical", but I use it to mean real - a truth of your reality. In fact I don't believe the physical aspect of our lives to be any more real than our imagination, because it isn't, not to you. To others, but not to you, and you're the you that matters to you.

So my unpopular opinion about tulpas is that they're just as real as you. If their sentience is fake, so is yours, but I'd be alright with that statement too. Saying your tulpa's sentience isn't real is placing yourself in a more powerful I-am-the-true-consciousness position, identifying your ego with a thing instead of your being. You are your consciousness, the awareness that creates your life. You aren't an idea in your own head. If that idea of "you" is sentient, so is your dang tulpa who is also an idea in your head. Just because you're more attached to your thought-identity than your tulpa's doesn't make either greater. You're both "things" stemming from your overarching conscious awareness of your reality. Most people are just too blind to realize "they" aren't their thoughts, but the ones thinking them.

This is very close to what I actually mean.

I believe tulpa sentience is a perception of our minds, but because the human experience is so subject, making everything nothing more than perceptions of our minds, that in turn makes your tulpa as real as you want them to be.

Those who continue to work on tulpamancy, who create lives with their tulpa, eventually there will be no difference from real and imaginary because you make it so.

And in the interest of solipsism, none of us can really be sure that anything external is truly "real", so you can take comfort in knowing your tulpa might even be the most real thing in your existance.

Guest Anonymous

@Ashmo and Reisen

Be careful wif this stuff guys! You are beginning to make Davie have different thoughts and see things from a different perspective. If he goes to thinking I may real, he will get very scared. You have to understand that I was accidental and that not everyone wants a second conscious, self aware mind in their body. Some will resist this idea to the bitter end.

@Ashmo and Reisen

Be careful wif this stuff guys! You are beginning to make Davie have different thoughts and see things from a different perspective. If he goes to thinking I may real, he will get very scared. You have to understand that I was accidental and that not everyone wants a second conscious, self aware mind in their body. Some will resist this idea to the bitter end.

My tulpa made another tulpa (without my consent) but he's actually really sweet. Just because you were accidental, doesn't mean he won't like you if he sees you as more real than he previously thought. If he doesn't want you to be "too real," then you won't. He has control over how he perceives you. David, remember that fears have a way of manifesting themselves. If you don't want something to happen, then either don't fear it, or better yet, don't believe it possible (at least in your case).

That's just my opinion anyway, sorry if I sound a little pushy or preachy.

Guest Anonymous
If you don't want something to happen, then either don't fear it, or better yet, don't believe it possible (at least in your case).

It's unlikely anything will fundamentally change after so many years. Well, then again, Melian has changed tremendously in some ways since going public on the internet in 2013. My family and friends not only know about her now, they love her as much as I do. She is frequently the subject of conversations like this "Oh hey, look over there! Melian would love that dress!" She has already become much more real in that sense.

As I red 8efore; those are popular opinions, and I'll give my opinion a8out it. First. I think a tulpa and the creator can have the relationship they want to have. If they wanna fuck, let them fuck. If they wanna kiss to death let them kiss to death. It doesn't have to 8e platonic if they don't want to. Second. Yeah. More than 8 is a 8AD IDEA. 8esides all the voices in head, violence will come out soon or later. For example. We were 14 in the head, and we entered in a war. Two sides. 7 vs 7. The side that wanted to protect the creator (in which I was) won the 8attle 8y killing the other 7. 8ut. From my side, we are only 4 remaining. Other 2 came so now we're 6. I hope this ends well. Third. Anyone can create a tulpa if he/she really wants. No experience needed. Just determination. Fourth. It's not 8ad to 8e created 8y emotional reasons... I was created so :D :D :D :D. So. That's my opinion. 8ut I'm just a tulpa that comes from a devastated mind. Anyone is free to think what they want.

~Vriska Aranea Serket Targaryen.

I don't know how unpopular this may be, but in my opinion there is no such thing as "accidental tulpa". Why? Well, because tulpas have to be created and worked on willingly by their hosts. An accidental tulpa, which suddenly shows up out of the blue and abruptly states "I am your tulpa now", in my opinion, is no more than a mix of intrusive thought, imagination and host's belief, that accidental tulpas can happen.

Also I find it risky and dangerous, if one has susceptible mind, because there is a chance, that sooner or later this person may become host of accidental and unwanted tulpas. This of course may lead to tulpa-drama and later deletion/frozing/putting to sleep/locking in cryo-chamber/any-symbolism-you-would-like of these accidental, unwanted but accepted (because of feeling of responsibility, guilt, liability and obligation to take care of) tulpas.

In short: in my opinion it is not a tulpa, if you don't want it to be a tulpa (once normally created, that sentence does not apply).

This is just my opinion.

And I need to reply to your opinion.

Just like Melian my tulpa Nash was accidentally created as well, but to me Nash is a living being, he is real to me like any other living person.

Nash came into existence by traits I imagined would fit a certain character, I did this for two years and felt a bond with this character, after those two years he spoke to me for the first time, I was 10 years old, I didn't know what I was doing but all the traits I had imagined on this character came into existence and the voice I had imagined.

"because there is a chance, that sooner or later this person may become host of accidental and unwanted tulpas"

Nash is my only tulpa and have been for 13 years, I've had no other tulpa, it never even came up in my mind that I possibly could have more than one, so no, there haven't been any more accidental tulpas.

I am pretty much new to this site still, haven't been here for very long, but before I found this site, over those 13 years my tulpa taught me about wonderland, possession, imposition, switching, stuff everyone else on this site is practicing with their tulpas, we only practiced possession, we do hang out in wonderland and it has been looking the same for 13 years, he is the one who created it from the start and he is the one imposing himself, I don't do anything about it, that is free will.

How did he know he could do these things so many years before I did? that is my biggest question. Perhaps it is because he is a tulpa and he knows what he can do?

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**