Theme hard to read on large monitors

Dog

I'm not sure I understand.

It looks fine to me?

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I'm not sure I feel that way; though I don't own a very large monitor, either.

At any rate, I don't really think anything can be done about that without drastically changing the theme, which I don't see happening.

You could always switch to nostalgia.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Yep nostalgia is superior and doesn't have super long text or otherwise having the user information blend in with the message field.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Agreed. While it might be nice to have a max width defined, the increasingly popular fixed-width sites annoy me. Better to just let the user resize their browser and have it anything from 2 inches wide to the size of a wall. Doing everything fullscreen is a holdover from the days when a 15" 800x600 monitor was pretty good. With today's larger screens, you can use the extra space to show more stuff, or open a blank Notepad or whatever behind your browser window if you want that space blank.

Also, your large image is another reason not to confine posts to a fixed width.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

This doesn't apply to OP, but I'm thinking that people with windows 8 may have trouble resizing browser windows.

Personally, I like that the forum spans the whole monitor.

I don't like the theme in general, but all the other options are worse - they just look too old-fashioned for my comfort and the colours aren't so easy on the eyes.

I think it would be brilliant if we could have the new dark theme with the user info next-to the post (permanently) - like you'll momentarily see after using the quick reply box.

Also, your large image is another reason not to confine posts to a fixed width.

This is where I disagree. Allowing a post to stretch out of the window is extremely annoying.

It would be much better to code the theme to resize large images to fit inside the content area - which should max out at screen width.

This doesn't apply to OP, but I'm thinking that people with windows 8 may have trouble resizing browser windows.

Nothing's forcing Win8/8.1 people to use the Metro version of IE.

I think it would be brilliant if we could have the new dark theme with the user info next-to the post (permanently) - like you'll momentarily see after using the quick reply box.

Agreed. In general, vertical space is more valuable than horizontal space, since much more space gets wasted that way.

This is where I disagree. Allowing a post to stretch out of the window is extremely annoying.

It would be much better to code the theme to resize large images to fit inside the content area - which should max out at screen width.

Very true. That makes you scroll back and forth to read the text. Entirely obnoxious. I guess what I was thinking of is how certain forums with fixed-width posts chop off wide-ish images needlessly even though there's plenty of space in the browser.

Probably the neatest would be if the images resized to fit the browser width. Failing that, scale to fixed size and click to open full size in a new window/tab/whatever.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• 2 weeks later...