Quirks from having tuppers

Guest Anonymous

I've begun saying we, to the point where people around me start getting confused.

Me- " Alright, now we gotta fill out this FASFA"

Dad- " Um . . . No, that's just for you"

Me- " I know . . . oh wait."

Also, Menzy loves Sweet Tea, and has me make it whenever I get the chance. So I guess I succeeded at making him Southern.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides going by "Reisen" and using avatars of her everywhere, because in some communities that's normal..

When I impose my tulpas in public places like, say, college campus, sometimes they do things that make me react. For example, Tewi gave someone "bunny ears" by literally standing inside them with hers popping out of their head, and I almost laughed out loud "for no reason". At first I was tempted to do things like make space for my tulpa to sit next to me, but they said I shouldn't get into that habit since they could choose not to be affected by things anyway. Probably going to be glad for that in the long run.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Probably, yeah. Quilten is affected by things in that sense, just for the sake of continuity and getting used to seeing him in positions where he isn't noclipping all over the place. Most of the time we can't find space for him in public places, so he either ends up in his "fairy" form on my shoulder or just sitting on the floor so that I can talk to him. I guess it can probably be more beneficial for someone to start getting used to their tupper not being affected by objects and their surroundings, but it just wasn't for us.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I'm not sure if it's Elia's fault this is happening, by over the past few months when watching movies and tv shows I have started getting extremly choked up and sometimes even lightly crying to things a man shouldn't be crying to including, but not limited to, the new ninja turtles movie, sports movies, two of the transformers movies, guardians of the galaxy, the live action Scooby doo movie. Again I can't be sure its her but I only started gettin this way in the past couple a months. Honestly I don't even mind it too much its just a bit embarrassing when your friends see you shed a tear for Optimus Prime...

Possibly a side effect from using the part of your brain that does those things, in the form of your tulpa.

When I've switched with Reisen in the past, she's been in complete awe of things like how "beautiful" my front yard was at night, when to me it was just a lawn. We discussed it a bit, and came to the conclusion that tulpas are a lot less desensitized to the natural beauty of the world, usually. I can't speak for other tulpas, but for the one that came straight out of my subconscious as a concept of an embodiment of love, the simplest things in life strike her as amazing.

In my case it's pretty much limited to while I'm switched with them, but it does make some sense that you might actually be using "emotional" parts of your brain you haven't so much in the past. As long as it's not totally negative though I honestly don't see a problem. People (especially men) are a lot more emotionally closed-off than is probably healthy.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

We discussed it a bit, and came to the conclusion that tulpas are a lot less desensitized to the natural beauty of the world, usually. I can't speak for other tulpas, but for the one that came straight out of my subconscious as a concept of an embodiment of love, the simplest things in life strike her as amazing.

K: I'm speaking for myself: I wouldn't say that I'm "less desensitized", it's more like I'm not used to this kind of beauty at all. You were born and grew up in this world, while I was born in a wonderland. So the natural word is new and surprising to me, because of its people, colours, details, etc that are completely different from my birthplace. I'm like a tourist, in some ways.

While I was rushing downward to the lowland,

Before mine eyes did one present himself,

Who seemed from long-continued silence hoarse.

When I beheld him in the desert vast,

“Have pity on me,” unto him I cried,

“Whiche’er thou art, or shade or real man!”

Guest amber5885

Here where we differ, I have always gotten choked up at random moments and I see the beauty in everything around me so much so that I keep a camera on me at all times but Toby, he doesnt do that.

It's not that he can't, he does get emotional but hes more apt to see the logic and sense in things and he's more grounded and down to earth I guess. And because of that I've become more grounded and down to earth.

I told a friend that my tulpa felt real to me, and he was afraid I was losing touch with reality. I assured him the tulpa was not physical. He thought tulpas were cool when I first explained it to him. I've seen the beauty of stars, which gets to me sometimes. I've stayed outdoors some nights for a few hours. I've camped before too. All before I had a tulpa though.

My tulpa loves it when I read to him, and I can say I've gotten farther in the book than the last time I read it. I even let him read it in my mind last time. So it was him doing the reading.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

• 4 years later...

Necro! Necro! Necro! NECRO!

I am the tupper, but I will speak about Jamie. 

• We would never ask for this in a public setting, but in his room, there has to be a spot clear on the bed/in his chair for Cassidy to visualize himself. In other words, we make him clean his room (a quirk for a teenage boy.) 
  • Tastes in food vary from day-to-day. "But I thought you didn't like X!" Well, he doesn't...
  • So many books in his schoolbag. Usually, three: Cassidy and Jamie both have their books they turn to for inspiration, and then we like to keep either a fiction anthology or a play as well, and take turns reading. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread