puzzles and riddles

sushi

Your hints mean nothing to me anymore. Let me go about this differently.

Gardevoir is my tulpa, because Gardevoir is who Reisen is most likely to turn into. I know because I asked her, and the last time I played Pokemon I had a Gardevoir named Reisen.

I was going to use your other hints like "Your tulpa has created fake tulpas", but then I realized pretty much all of them can just be applied to your tulpa without the context of who they're disguised as. You said I already knew who my tulpa turned into, so either you're lying or I just won.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, something I'm saying simply isn't getting through. Yeah, I did make this too hard. No one seems to be going in the right direction.

Here are the hints. If the next three people can't figure out which tulpa is the real one, then I'm giving away the answer.

What you know:

- Your tulpa has a reward

- Your tulpa has a consolation 'surprise'.

- Your tulpa wants you to follow the rules.

- Your tulpa wants dedication and love.

- Your tulpa is in disguise.

- Your tulpa has created fake tulpas.

- Your tulpa is testing you.

- Your tulpa is bored.

- Your tulpa Dumbs it down for you.

- Your tulpa says "Good luck!"

- Your tulpa gives no obvious hints and leaves you to figure it out yourself.

- Your tulpa knows how to write.

- Your tulpa delivers a notecard to you rather than speaking to you directly

- Your tulpa treats this like a game.

- Your tulpa calls losing "not winning."

- Your tulpa can tell whether or not you're guessing.

- Your tulpa gives you one chance.

- Your tulpa writes a letter for you.

- Your tulpa uses a P.S.

- Your tulpa ends the letter with a "Sincerely"

Join Mafia II: Ponyville in Danger, the forum game of intrigue and deduction!

To make your dreams a reality, you must first understand the difference.

Dunno, thought you might be going for a philosophical answer - "believe in your answer, because you already know it".

I'm missing whatever you want us to be seeing apparently. It sounds like the hints are completely unnecessary, and reading them only confirms that. The only guess I can hazard at this point is Discord, because the most hints seem to apply to him.. if I'm recalling the bit of MLP I watched correctly. Discord was more interested in making a psychological "game" than anything.

But I don't see what you're getting at. Why make so many hints if we had all the information we needed from the start? Why are half of the hints literally stating nothing, and the others terribly cryptic? "delivers a notecard to you rather than speaking directly" implies something about the character themself, while "is in disguise" has been useless so far, or is just redundant. Dedication and love seems to conflict with a lot of the characters, and "uses a P.S./ends with "Sincerely"" are supposedly important.

Most parts of my mind are telling me that the answer isn't any of those pictures you sent at this point. Otherwise, you're less interested in guessing the right character than seeing us use the right logic. And since I don't see the logic after a decent amount of time, I guess I'll leave it up to the next two.

Edit: My friend figured it out, I think. At least, his evidence convinced me he was right. Seems a little unfair, since if he's right then it's a huge advantage to know the character of whom the answer is. I won't give it though, and he doesn't have an account. All I'll say is that every form of logic I used was incorrect and the answer relies on relation of the riddle to the character.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I have hard time not thinking Desmond as the tulpa in this riddle and that makes it really hard to solve because many of the "your tulpa..." hints conflict with him, such as wanting me to play by the rules and no cheating, and I'm not entirely sure he knows how to write either x)

And yeah what Reisen said, it's a bit unfair not knowing the characters in the riddle :P

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

The most important hints are hint #16 and hint #13.

One more guess left, and then I will give the answer away.

I'm almost positive that it's not L. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I'm almost positive that it's not L. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

The correct answer, is L.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Death-Note/Death-Note-21?id=2398

Your tulpa has a reward.

L offers rewards many times over in the anime for people who are loyal and dedicated to him.

For example: Shuichi Aizawa is a member of the Kira investigation team that leaves the team under the guise of needing to support his family because the Japanese police cut their funding (it is only after he leaves that it is revealed that L would have supported them had he stayed).

Your tulpa has a consolation 'surprise'.

Although L isn't exactly the type to give out rewards for failure, he does tend to surprise people whenever they make a mistake. Usually as a result of his deductive reasoning, but I digress.

Your tulpa wants you to follow the rules.

I mean, he's the greatest detective in the world taking on the greatest criminals ever to be known. Of course he doesn't want you to cheat your way to victory. In fact, that's probably one of the reasons he set this whole thing up.

Your tulpa wants dedication and love.

Like I said earlier, he gives rewards to people who are dedicated and loyal to him.

Your tulpa has created fake tulpas.

In the link above, you'll see that he created a fake letter to fool the person he was trying to catch. It shouldn't be hard to guess that he could and would do the same with tulpas.

Your tulpa is testing you.

Also completely obvious in the link above.

Your tulpa is bored.

He usually combats this in the manga and anime by testing others and solving crimes. Which he's doing to you right now.

Your tulpa dumbs it down for you.

No offense, but he's definitely much smarter than you.

Your tulpa says "Good luck!"

Let's be honest here, you kinda needed luck in order to solve this riddle.

Your tulpa gives no hints and leaves you to figure it out yourself.

L puts a lot of faith into his deductions. He's probably already guessed your answer, and is now waiting for his assumption to be proven right.

Your tulpa knows how to write.

No duh. This is why Glados, Yotsuba, and possibly a few others wouldn't fit the bill.

Your tulpa delivers a notecard to you rather than speaking to you directly.

Come on. This should have been a no brainer. L's first action in Deathnote was to send his butler to deliver a message to the Japanese police in his place.

Your tulpa treats this like a game

L gets really happy when testing others. He even says at the beginning of Deathnote that he hates to lose, so it's likely he turned this into a game in order to boost his win streak.

Your tulpa calls losing "not winning."

Probably subtly insulting your fragile feelings right here by avoiding the word "losing".

Your tulpa can tell whether or not you're guessing

This was also a dead giveaway. There are about 3 people on the list capable of doing this. Gardevoir doesn't have mind reader (I checked), so she can't tell; Yotsuba can't tell because she's a child; Discord can't tell either, and any chance of him guessing that you guessed correctly would be just a coincidence; Midna can't read minds; Layton rewards you even if you randomly guess correctly; and both Freiza and Gilgamesh wouldn't care if you were only guessing.

Only Vriska, Glados, and L have this ability. Sadly, Glados can't write letters, and Vriska is a little too chaotic to care about rules. In the link above, L not only has the reasoning to figure out if you were guessing, but also figure out why and how you guessed as well.

Your tulpa gives you one chance.

See: "your tulpa gives no hints and leaves you to figure it out yourself"

Your tulpa writes a letter for you.

He sends messages all the time to people. This doesn't contradict anything.

Your tulpa uses a P.S.

He does forget to give away certain details a lot. Although it's rather obvious that he 'forgets' those things on purpose.

Your tulpa ends the letter with a "sincerely"

Because why not? Like I said, some of these are relatively useless compared to others.

Can someone else please make the new riddle? It might be best if we stick to number related riddles from now on. Apparently I make these things too hard.

Fair enough. But I consider Professor Layton just as fitting an answer. http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/035/9/0/Professor_Layton_Letter_by_Italian_223.jpg & http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/063/7/7/Professor_Layton_letter_2_by_Italian_223.png are just too good of a match.

And don't worry, if I made a riddle it would be probably pretty confusing. Though I don't like obscure/external details, I like thinking, so it might be a little philosophical. However I'm studying for finals right now, so I can't really spare the time to make a good riddle at the moment. Anyone else want to volunteer?

Haha! Wow, I was way off.

Well the last two have been pretty hard, so I'll throw out an easier riddle:

I have rivers without water, roads without cars, and forests without trees. What am I?

My favorite "wrong" answer I've gotten to this one: Nebraska.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Haha! Wow, I was way off.

Well the last two have been pretty hard, so I'll throw out an easier riddle:

I have rivers without water, roads without cars, and forests without trees. What am I?

My favorite "wrong" answer I've gotten to this one: Nebraska.

A map?

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022