Recommended age of host?

I don't think its really a matter of age. I think its more of a matter of maturity, responsibility, persistence, etc.

One thing to consider is the reasonably volatile lifestyle most high schoolers, teens live. You can get into relationships, there's drugs, all kinds of stupid things stupid young kids do. The most important thing to consider is that you must be willing to compromise with a tulpa when it comes to these things. If your tulpa wants you to not do drugs, will you listen to them?

Another thing is that, if you become interested in something else, be it a girlfriend, some hobby, a busy social life, will you still make time for your tulpa? It's very important to consider this, because all they have is you. I read about people giving up on tulpas in favor of social lives too often, and it's kind of sad to see.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

Guest amber5885

Um.... What assume that the teenage lifestyle is all sex drugs and rock and roll? Mine wasn't and neither was any other kid I went to school with.

Not to mention that teenage isn't synonomous with stupidity.

Yeah, I was a complete nerd that absolved most quotidian activities with other people that only wanted to do hookah and such while having a close-knit relationship with a few people for each high school I went to. Haven't engaged in drinking alcohol, nor using drugs whatsoever, and making compromises with gregarious interactions with others was expected, but helped me foster a mindset to be more considerate of others, which only added on to my tendency to help those I cared and respected for dearly.

I didn't live life on the edge other than procrastinating at 2AM to finish AP projects and what have you, and college was pretty much the same thing, haha.

Guest amber5885

I was a dungeon master and band geek that only had one girlfriend in high school and that lasted for like 3 years.

I did drink and I did do drugs BUT I was actually a minority were I came from. Plenty of people thought I was stupid for doing either so it deffinitly wasn't the norm.

Age-wise I think that it's all about knowing what you want.

A lot of people here like throwing around the idea that having a tulpa is a lifetime commitment, but I tend to disagree. This might ruffle some feathers. What I'm saying is that you can't know how long a relationship is gonna last, not when you get into one with some person or whatever, and not when you make a tulpa. Yes, not sustaining a tulpa because of personality differences is a little on the controversial side. However, this incarnation of the tulpa movement is new enough that expecting people to make this lifetime commitment before the general populous even knows if that's a norm is ridiculous.

It comes down to accepting the idea that a permanent relationship may be a possibility, digesting that information, and then going forward as anyone would.

When I was fourteen, I'm gonna be honest, all I cared about was pills, weed, and booze. Four years later, not much has changed. That's probably not a good thing, but it's the truth. I'm not gonna lie to make myself look better or like I know what I'm doing. My fourteen is very different from your fourteen, OP, and it's different from other people's fourteens too.

Does accounting for all these potential (and maybe not certain?) changes make you a better host? I don't have an answer for that.

Can you accept that something that may be attractive and cool at one point in time becomes different at another point in time? That's more important, I think.

There's so many questions to ask, and I'm sure that I didn't ask myself all of them. I spent two weeks thinking about all this shit, and still, I feel like I came into it bare and unaware of how the actual situation would pan out. It's just important to do a little thinking, and above all, look at other people's experiences. Age isn't what you should be looking at, it's more like, ability to think long term and not give up, type thing.

We're all gonna make it brah.