Help! No progress.

About a year ago I started work on my first Tulpa. I had her entire form, all the aspects, done rather quickly, and I had her basic personality done before too awful much longer. Since then I've been working on forcing her. I don't really have much time, but I've done some active and more passive forcing. I've read all the guides and many threads, but I've had no luck in it. So please help! And did anyone else have a hard time giving them sentience?

Tomorrow (n.)-A mystical land in which resides 99% of all Human Productivity, Motivation, and Achievement is stored.

I'm having the same problem. I've been forcing for about five months (active forcing 10 - 20 minutes a day and passive forcing as much as I can) but I can't feel my tulpa at all.

Could explain more the problem?

I'm having the same problem. I've been forcing for about five months (active forcing 10 - 20 minutes a day and passive forcing as much as I can) but I can't feel my tulpa at all.

You should do more active forcing, but if that not work MAYBE it's own of the personality of your tulpa.

In my case, Irehi have a cold personality and does not like being pressed, also it depends on what you want.

[align=center]"For science! ... Maybe" - Makili, The Partial Time Tulapamancer

"I just want to sleep ..." - Irehi, The Broken Tulpa[/align]

In my case, Irehi have a cold personality

Irehi? And yeah, with the active forcing, is it generally a "more at once is better" or "enough over time" sort of a thing? Because I rarely have time to force for very long, so I suppose that could be my problem...

I can't feel my tulpa at all.

What do you mean by "can't feel" it? Do you mean that you can't visualize or anything? Or that you just don't feel anything? Or what?

Whenever I think about her I see her lying in a hospital bed, but she never moves or signals or anything

Tomorrow (n.)-A mystical land in which resides 99% of all Human Productivity, Motivation, and Achievement is stored.

Irehi it's my tulpa. And that problem it's pretty complicated, try stimulating her constantly, talk with her ... Eventually she may react.

[align=center]"For science! ... Maybe" - Makili, The Partial Time Tulapamancer

"I just want to sleep ..." - Irehi, The Broken Tulpa[/align]

It doesn’t seem to only be a matter of methods that you would use for forcing in general, but rather you trying to reconcile what it means to validate her as sentient for your private, experiential stuff with her. It seems you fixate so much on trying to sustain your tendency to treat her as sentient despite the time limitations just to have her existence, or rather your awareness of your endeavor in keeping her afloat.

And maybe the fear of not being able to reconcile on those rudiments you claimed to have established with her is so hard, that trying to keep her afloat with transient assurances that she’s there is getting to you. It may be that kind of endeavor where you don’t have to see their existence being wholly contingent on these sporadic clinging of assuring yourself that they’re there only to have to do this day-to-day so much that you can’t even have time to self-reflect, and find some inward truth on what’s good enough for you until you can move forward.

In other words, it’s probably best to foster a mentality that if you’re going to try and reconcile with her after not being as active with your endeavors for a while, take things a bit slow. You have your whole life to fill out the blanks on what it means for them to be sentient to you, and hopefully, them being able to refer to that, and acknowledge that type of awareness. I’m not sure if there’s many guides that give a conceptual canvas on how one would assess themselves, and IMO, mapping it out is a trial-and-error thing you usually privately learn while hopefully having anecdotes of others to go in tandem with those intellectual endeavors.

Some people need the satisfaction of potentially switching with their tulpa to have presumed qualia and such being something they can feel assured is happening; others may feel just hearing their voice is more than enough as them being sentient to them, so the yearnings and predispositions for each individual is going to vary.

TL;DR:

It just goes to show that when one feels they had grandiose progress in the past, and can’t see a progressive series of breakthroughs consistently occurring now, it’s probably a matter of expanding those personal assurances and beliefs on what it means for them to be sentient to you; maybe realizing that how much you want to further your propensity in treating them as sentient doesn’t stop immediately at what a few, or a totality of guides in the forum suggests to you, and is probably a progressive learning curve you go through your whole life with them if that's your intention.

Oh snap.

Yeah, basically, if you want to focus a lot on "giving" them sentience, that's probably an on-going thing you may be doing over the course of your life with them, if that's what you wish. So for you to say that you're not having progress is probably just you underestimating what you established, and maybe you felt you had to constantly find methods to keep her existence, or "giving sentience" to her afloat. In other words, IMO, you're selling yourself short with what you did before. Or maybe you just have to step things up a notch, or more.