Chat Thread

"____ is very energetic and friendly. She loves having fun and usually has an optimistic outlook on life. She loves to help others and whenever she sees that someone is upset, she does her best to cheer them up. Strangers, in her eyes, are just friends she has not met yet, and she feels bad if she hurts someone's feelings, whether intentionally or not. ____ has a happy-go-lucky attitude and always tries to put a smile on everyone's faces. She also works very hard towards her goals, so much so that she will sometimes end up greatly sleep-deprived --

Owing to her rather sheltered upbringing, ____'s optimism and enthusiasm can border on recklessness, to the point of endangering the people around her with her madcap antics. She has rather simplistic views on concepts such as leadership and responsibility, believing that prioritizing fun above all else matters the most."

SHE'S ME you BET I'm watching this, asap

though I don't exactly "endanger people around me"...

also the forum has been laggy/dying the last couple days it's kind of annoying

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I've only watched three (but that's like six) episodes of that so far because I want it to last forever. Anyways I want to find a game or something like one where I can play with people and have fun, and I'm having a hard time finding one like that.

So people call lots of things "fun" that just aren't, and some people consider things fun for different reasons (like being better than people at PvP). I want to play a game that's just fun, with other people (random online probably but also with friends works), and that's harder to find than it sounds. I mean you can have fun for a while on like anything, but..

Examples of games I DON'T think are fun: [hidden]Overwatch, because everyone cares more about winning than having fun and the 6v6 PvP being the basis of the game supports that. We've tried playing yes and were good at it but, I tried playing with our Grandmaster friend on a smurf so it's not like I was getting super destroyed or anything. But still everyone was so uptight and fun was definitely a secondary goal, it was good when there was time for it. I don't want that..

RuneScape and basically all MMOs don't count as fun because they turn into a grind at some point, all of them, where you "grind" which we define as playing a game for the sake of progress once it's no longer fun. I'm OK with grinding in general, we've played 1000+ hours of both RuneScape and Warframe (RS long in the past), but no MMO I've seen looks like it stays fun for long. I was just looking into Blade&Soul (a LOT of looking), and there were just too many streams where the people seemed dead inside doing raids or just "chilling" ie grinding dungeons. You would NEVER see that on a Jackbox Party Pack stream! It's possible for a game to stay fun! Once you're a slave to progress you're just throwing your life away.

Also I really don't like card games, I mean Lumi hates games like Hearthstone and all clones of it for whatever reason but for me they're just boring as heck. But I wouldn't call chess a bad game just because it bores ME to death, also some people prefer slower paced stuff for their fun anyway. But yeah, I'm me, if I have to sit there doing nothing for long.. I'll just leave I guess. But something like Worms or ShellShock Live wouldn't totally be out of the question - I can sit still if everyone's still having fun you know? But it needs to be at least a LITTLE active, or a lot.[/hidden]

Examples of games I DO think are fun, and I mean fun through and through: [hidden]Minecraft and Terraria, absolutely! Though so many people are bored of MC already and we've played over 3k hours easily so maybe I am too, Terraria's still a perfect example. Like no part of that game isn't fun. Maybe a little frustration at losing to bosses and boredom mining a ton of ore, but that's nothing compared to REAL grinding (we've played a lot of RuneScape dangit!). Minecraft is a little less co-op in that sense so that's iffy, but Terraria is literally a perfect 10/10 game for me. Active, fun, progression, fun with friends, and a unique thing I'm looking for in a game, being able to help people! Whether I get "high level" in Warframe or just get really skillful in TF2 (I help newbs in MvM) or really experienced in Terraria, I want to be able to get to a point where I can make sure people still have fun. I've replayed Terraria several times with a couple of Lumi's IRL friends because they were newer, literally everything we did was "old" to me. But it was a blast! And importantly, I could make sure their experience went smoothly, always having an idea of what to do next or how to improve when they aren't good enough. In MvM I uh, can kind of carry a whole team myself sometimes, and Warframe.... Let's just say it's another 1000+ hour game of ours. But I always make sure not to help TOO much, because most of my fun comes from others having fun.[/hidden]

Does that give you a good idea of what I'm looking for? Blade & Soul looked promising (fun combat and really interesting character design) so I spent like two whole days just reading about it and watching vids/streams, before a guy yelling at some people for being like "ahhh I died" during a raid convinced me not to. If raids aren't fun - REAL fun, not that "progress is fun..." crap - then there's no excuse left for how boring the rest of the grind/game is lol. So MMOs are iffy, and I looked through every one I could find, so suggest one if you want but idk if it'll meet my "standards" for games... being consistently fun... And being PvP-based is a huge negative for me, so unless it's like TF2 where there's still (or used to be) room for fun in the middle of it all, I'd rather not play a PvP-based game either.

YES this is important! This could easily be hundreds of hours of our life we're talking about here! I'm a philosopher of fun with tons of potential time on my hands, but just because I have time doesn't mean I'll settle for anything less than {actually having fun}. My tastes are pretty varied IMO, from Warframe/TF2 to Terraria/Minecraft to, I don't know, Dungeon Defenders? And, with the promise of fun with others, I can even handle things like Tabletop Simulator where you're literally just sitting there if everyone is having fun. But things like D&D (like games played on a table) are still too boring to me (unbelievably, I have a hard time playing board games and such), even IF people are "having fun". That's such a low level of fun on average since I like fast paced things, and times where you're all having a blast and laughing and stuff are way too few and far between. And I just.. having a group of friends who all liked PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and had fun playing it would still be really hard for me, because the whole goal revolves on you having fun instead of the people you're playing against. As Scatman John said:

In something like TF2, usually (not always lol) even the losing team has fun to some extent, so I don't have to feel bad every single time I kill someone. But Overwatch, unless you both happen to have SUPER balanced teams and it's super close right to the last second, I just can't enjoy that. Also a lot of that deadlocked time is still somehow boring anyways. My perfect game would be something that was like Terraria content-wise, with co-op matchmaking like in Killing Floor 2 or even Warframe, and.. I could add more but that's all I really need! Fun, with others, and not ruining others' fun in the process!

Also I'm pretty srs about this, I jokingly called myself a philosopher of fun because I've really been thinking hard about what I actually want out of the games I play, and what type of games to play for that. I never really asked you guys because you probably don't know any games that fit what I want perfectly, but at this point like, maybe ask your friends if they know any games like that? If I asked a question like this on Reddit or something similar, people would give answers like "X is fun when you get a bunch of friends together", but X is World of Warcraft or PUBG or Overwatch, and then some people are going to be like Killing Floor is perfect for you! And I won't know how to say "Yeah but, KF gets boring pretty quick..." or "Okay I just don't like _____" or something lol.

reading longposts is rarely fun so I'm sorry for that but desperate times call for being-very-specific measures

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Yeesh

so is anyone going to parties/barbecues this labour day weekend

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Not over the weekend, but turning 20 on Monday itself and gonna have ourselves a party, get fuckered up and have some karaoke or something. Like 10 people I guess

we just had a bunch of birthdays (including our dog's first) so that was probably the main partying for a bit, but I'm sure we'll have a barbecue still sure

your horse avvy looks like it needs to take a major piss lawl

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

you know, that makes a hundred times more sense, I was confused too...