Tulpa probs....

...or I think I feel something and then doubt. Yes the tulpakiller, doubt rears its head. Generally I'm skeptical of most things, hence why I'm not very religious and such. Now I feel like I'm subconsciously doubting the existence of my tulpa. ... how can I stop this constant doubt? This subconscious doubting and don't say "Just stop doubting herp derp."...

The proof is right here. This community. Hundreds of people, all posting. Do you think it's all a troll? If it was, it'd be quite the elaborate troll. Thousands of posts, containing memories, expeiriences, guides, testimonies, and you think it's fake!? I reccomend you make a monument to this in your wonderland (err, do you have a wonderland? Not actually sure), to remind you of this whenever you forget. Remind you of the amazing people here all working together. All the people, making tulpas, just like you.

Just a suggestion.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

This is different. I'm not saying the populace is neccesarily right (in fact, the majority of people abhorently disagrees with tulpas in general), but that it is very highly unlikely that is is fake, because so many people have done it/written about it seriously. Does that make sense?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

To the surprise thing, its confusing because I'm not sure if it would be me surprising myself because I'd want too much for it to be my Tulpa and then skepticism sets in and the whole process just falls apart. I question too much. Is it possible that I am not able to create/have a Tulpa because of my mindset?

Lots of people have trouble creating tulpas because of doubt. It's a frustrating thing to get over, but many have done it, and it's possible to get past with a bit of hard work.

As for the surprising thing, I really don't see what the issue is. If they manage to surprise you, then that sort of proves that it isn't you, since it really shouldn't be possible for you to surprise yourself. Them being able to surprise you shows that they were able to think on their own and do something you didn't expect -- something you clearly didn't puppet or parrot them to do.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

Basically, there's no reason to doubt. It's counterproductive. There is no real or fake, only the development of a highly functioning mental phenomenon. Your tulpa probably isn't developed enough to seem "real" yet, but you probably won't get much further until you stop worrying about real and fake. The "I believe they're sentient and independent" mindset is to train your mind to believe it, not you, necessarily. It's a fact that tulpas can reach a point where they are fully independent and sentient. It's not a fact that your tulpa is yet, but to get there you have to teach your brain what to even do. So, no doubt, it's unproductive from a scientific standpoint. You can maintain your skepticism while still creating a tulpa, I've done it before. Just gotta remain open to all possibilities at all times. Acknowledge the doubt, but continue on your path, because what-ifs should never interfere with can-be.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

This is different. I'm not saying the populace is neccesarily right (in fact, the majority of people abhorently disagrees with tulpas in general), but that it is very highly unlikely that is is fake, because so many people have done it/written about it seriously. Does that make sense?

I was mostly referring to the majority of people here rather than those outside the forums, which would be a different story. I didn't presume you thought the populace was right directly, and I was just referring to how people indirectly follow the same tendency. That doesn't mean it's a fallacy on their end as there's not much for us to go for other than anecdotes, and what have you.

I would say the assurance is developed personally after a person analyzed all the experiences from others, and other factors that leads to them feeling that the phenomenon isn't as peculiar and abnormal as it seems. It becomes a different matter when someone makes it so as the truth, but again, unlikely, I guess.

Just... got a heavy dose of confusion and brainhurt x.x Smaller words and simpler sentences please?

It's not easy for me to eliminate doubt as it is for others, I've got a strange upbringing thats caused me to doubt most things even when proven true. The basic principle I'm getting behind all this is that to not doubt means that I have to acknowledge that I am doubting, but I know I'm doubting, I just don't know how to dispel it.

Realize there's no reason to. A tulpa is not real or fake, they simply are what they are. That being, a mental phenomenon.

That means, a tulpa is as it seems to you, and it can probably be developed to be a lot more - if the rest of us are any testament to that. Doubt hampers progress, because you literally have to teach your mind what it needs to be doing. And you do that through intent and expectations. Your tulpa will grow into a sentient and responsive thought form if you develop them as such. Your tulpa will pretty much stay as it is if you keep believing they won't become more.

The best way to dispel doubt is to realize it isn't necessary, in this case. If you're doubting that your tulpa is fully sentient and thinking for itself, that's probably because it isn't. You have to intend for that to be, practice it being so, and eventually your mind learns how to make it so. Of course there's no single moment where a tulpa becomes sentient, so it pays to keep some healthy skepticism as to when they seem to be really functioning on their own.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.