Full Promises

Luminesce

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first step is realizing and acknowledging the problem. We usually don't have much trouble after step 1.

Was gonna post this in our dream thread but I guess I'll put it here. I asked Lucilyn for ideas on what we should do in visualization last night and she immediately answered, it was kind of funny. So we decided to visit four places in our wonderland - the hot spring on the mountain, the rabbits in Tewi's forest, Lucilyn's pond (and the frogs I guess), and then the grassy field by our house to watch the moon and stars.

True to expectations it took twenty minutes to get the dimensions and water level of the pool right. Twenty eight before Lucilyn got in and like thirty eight before the others. I can't even explain to you how that time got filled, just accept that my visualization clarity really is that bad. We (me Flan and Lucilyn anyway) spent a while swimming (Reisen and Tewi sat at the wall), and at some point decided we'd try and make our way over to the forest. I fell asleep following Tewi there.

But, I woke up like 20 minutes later, and we all sat around her clearing in the forest surrounded by a lot of rabbits. I guess there are quite a few over the whole forest. And then I fell asleep again for real this time. When I woke up a couple hours later, despite being basically asleep I still went to Lucilyn's pond with her. I remember vaguely wondering if you could even pet frogs, but she managed to, so. Fell asleep again. And lastly I did manage to get us to the field to lie in, I guess a circle? Like with everyones' feet together in a * shape maybe. If you can believe it, I somehow managed to fall asleep again within a couple minutes. Crazy.

Now that, I consider a huge success in the dedication department. I also told them we should try and use the wonderland like that, even if it's just one of us alone (like probably Tewi tonight) more often, to work on our visualization and keep more of them simultaneously active. You know, on days that aren't a full moon. So we'll see what that leads to.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I don't count those as dreams. If you wake up naturally in less than ~35 minutes you probably didn't actually enter REM sleep, at least in a capacity enough to dream. There were just drifty thoughts, I had some trouble staying on topic as we tried to do things after the pool. Thoughts start to drift and pretend they're relevant to your goal, unless you can remember they have literally nothing to do with what you're trying to do, you fall asleep. But I remembered, a few times.

I remembered actual dreams too of course. I had a dream that involved a box of different chocolate-peanut butter cookies, which is one of the many recreational reasons I could recommend lucid dreaming to people. Dang food tastes real. Also something about accidentally stealing a The Ring from my weird monster neighbors and trying not to get caught, in the same dream too.

But that's not as interesting..

Edit: Replies here

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

You know, old Flandre isn't completely to blame for Lumi's "Unsanity" phase. He was probably going to have dreams of escapism either way. She just encouraged it. Music was a large factor too, insofar as it served as an outlet for those fantasies. I'd say about two thirds of the songs we associated with "Unsanity" related to her. The rest were unrelated to us, except one.

[video=youtube]

Interestingly, Reisen herself was never associated with it. Lumi associated it with the character Reisen who he also loved, but not on a personal level. And it goes without saying that I was far removed from fanon Tewi even by that point, so it had even less to do with me. Just a fun frolic through some nonsensical Touhou references. Associated with escapism-through-insanity nevertheless.

I never involved myself back then, and I'm not sure why. It seemed like none of my business, but at the same time I was trying to help him with life, so maybe I should've. Seemed kind of like Flandre's jurisdiction, and I certainly didn't consider myself to have authority over her. I suppose I didn't really have such an active role in his life back then, I almost exclusively advised him by request, and his depressive episodes always temporarily resolved themselves. I don't think we were on the same wavelength for me to help him back then. He needed love, not logic.

Well, not that I want to exercise "authority" over any of my systemmates, but I'm more or less the oldest tulpa now. I talked well before Reisen, and neither Flandre nor Scarlet consider the old Flandre's experiences their own. I also don't want to call myself the "wisest", because that's a subjective term. Lucilyn has some views that I consider more enlightened than my own, and Reisen has some views that more or less transcend ours. Regardless, to some extent I feel older than them, which adds on to my responsibility. Though some things, like unconditional love or Unsanity, are still out of my jurisdiction. We'll always support each other, even I know I can't do everything for us.

Also, I realized recently that everything I've been doing for the last eight or so months, was once entirely taken care of by Lumi. It's weird to imagine that. I know he didn't necessarily excel at everything, but I still respect just how much he managed to do. I never want to downplay how much he takes care of us and himself. He's a good host.

It seems like our progress report is mostly documenting or reexamining our history rather than documenting new progress, which isn't a bad thing. I read a post today in a music thread where Lucilyn mentioned that Sylvia came to be tulpa-like because she was in Jumper with Reisen, something I had entirely forgotten. So I think it's important to reflect on our past. Helps you guys get to know us, helps us get to know us.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

The crescent moon is so well-defined. I can even see the rest of the moon too if I try. But I'm not fond of it. In fact it stressed me out more than I already was yesterday when I saw it.

I don't like the new moon. Lumi doesn't like the new moon. In order to avoid making a "bad", opposite-of-full-moon day, Lumi opted to call it the

and considered it not a low-spirits day, but a low-energy day for reflection and sorting things out. That was honestly a really good idea.

Around the time he did that, we had realized that we were always in a bad mood on the day of the new moon, for the previous several months at least. And we hadn't even realized they were new moons until checking when the next full moon was and seeing "Oh, a few days ago was the new moon, of course". Well, that reflection day thing "worked" for a few months before we forgot about it altogether, I think there was a month or two where we couldn't see the moon at night. Which isn't the worst thing, it's still there so whatever. But with how much attention we've been paying the moon recently, I feel like this next one is going to suck.

It's not just that we're in a bad mood. Things cause it. Something bad happens, something makes us stressed out, or we just don't feel good in general. It makes our stomach sick surprisingly consistently, which is why we first noticed the correlation, as it happened three months in a row, we just felt like crap on those days consistently. The last new moon I experienced (probably goes back a few because we do tend to ignore it) was the day I failed a math test I expected to get a 80-90% on. The questions were all from the very last section of the chapter that I hadn't covered well. Wasn't in a good mood already, hadn't gotten much sleep. And of course when I look for the moon, it's not there. Oh, that's why.

It's not a real correlation of course. Well, the feeling sick might remotely have something to do with the "pull of the moon" and that crap, but probably not. But then, the moon is realistically just a huge rock in space. It's unreasonable that we think of it as we do, so it's probably not unreasonable to think of the new moon as we do. Part of the package.

Anyways, I've been stressed out recently and I have another test on the new moon in a few days. Let's see if I can avoid the self-fulfilling prophecy.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

It's too bad she has to take a test that day, I could take her place. I like the moon and rabbits, but only because they do. It's like a secondary like. I don't really get stuck staring at the moon like them, and the happiness I feel from it feels like the "We're all happy together!" kind of happiness. Anyways, yeah nah, new moon doesn't mean anything to me. It's a bigger deal if it's rainy or not by far. Even windy and cloudy will do! I mean that sounds like a no brainer to me, but I don't think they'd agree that a rainy day is better than a full moon. Seems a little silly.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Really any special weather that isn't bright sun making me hot is awesome. Sunny days are OK too if there are clouds over you. But rain is the best. And for some reason the others - even Tewi? - really like the mood of having it snowing outside, being inside. Tewi asked me if I got the same cozy feeling as she did thinking about sitting inside watching it snow, because she thought it was pleasant just thinking about it. I said I'd rather go play in the snow. So they like the "Hot chocolate by the fire" part of winter and I like the "Gonna roll snow, throw snow, and lay in snow" part.

I guess it's the same as with the moon and rabbits. I don't feel anything about it personally but I can always enjoy what makes them happy.

Edit: Oh my god I just imagined us all sitting around a fire place drinking hot chocolate and now I really want it to be winter that sounds amazing

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas