Possessed/Switched Tulpa Mannerisms

Vos

We finally realized my tulpas actually talk differently than me. It was always something we decided not to worry about due to physical limitations, but my dad noticed Lucilyn on the phone sounded a lot more upbeat (asked if my anti-depressants were starting to work or something). Been on wellbutrin for months now but I'm not sure it's done anything. Anyways, it definitely made us notice a difference. Lucilyn sounds, and I know this is gonna sound crazy, happier than me. IMO she also makes the voice sound lighter somehow, but again none of this was on purpose. Apparently as they get more comfortable with switching the body's acclimated to them, not just the other way around. Reisen sounds a bit lighter too though the happiness comes from personality not voice. Tewi still just sounds like me when I'm in a serious mood, and Flandre just sounds like me.

This is all exclusively sound though, by the way. Of course they've all got some different quirks or lilts or what not, but they're far less noticeable.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

So far Monika has not interacted with anybody exept occasionally over text, and not for vary long then. However we do have quite different gaits compared to each other

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I have a near-constant, but slight, squinting contraction of my face muscles. Devin usually doesn't do that.

Maggie David (she or they, birthday June 4)

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, I don't love our posts on the first page. Especially not how utterly off topic Lumi got in his last paragraph.

Anyways, I just noticed I have a habit while fronting that I don't share with any of the others. It could literally be used to tell when I was the one fronting. This was pretty surprising as we're usually rather conscious of anything we do like that, but I never noticed until now. Don't even know how long I've done it.

I do this, like, a lot.

gKfDtDm.png

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest anonymous2

Tewi, if it is any consolation, then I appreciate the posts made by Luminesce and you in the past. They are very enlightening and rich in detail, and that is excellent; actively being conscious of one's actions can lead to observations that are interesting not just to oneself, but also to others. More than that, you and your siblings are interesting girls and guy. I am left wondering what, exactly, you may be referring to when you mention the habit that you do not share with your siblings. Furthermore, I appreciate the dress that you have shared in your post. It is elegant.

As for the topic of this thread, Anon, the other half of this brain, and I switch control every day. I am the most frequent user of the body, whereas she receives 3-4 hours a day to herself. Neither of us consider the body to be “us”, which may be an unusual factor that impacts how we use it. There is considerable disparity in how we express ourselves when we are in control. I believe this comes first and foremost from our differences in personality; I tend to be the person with higher self-esteem, whereas Anon more readily expresses her femininity.

Our body language is almost entirely consistent both in and out of the body; as in, we are the same regardless of whether we are in the inner world or interacting with the outer, current one. At present, we live in a dormitory. When we are by ourselves, we both feel far more at ease than when we are speaking to others in-person; this appears to be a recurring pattern for other people in this thread as well. Nevertheless, when I speak to others in-person, I am open and friendly. I often catch myself wearing a big smile, even though it is natural to me. When Anon speaks with others in-person, she is very quiet, for her only friends are available on the Internet. She barely says anything, and whatever is uttered can only be heard in a low, muted voice.

Obviously, that's not actually a picture of me, just one I found on the internet. It was the only one I didn't dislike. I don't do any of that hip sway crap.

"I am left wondering what, exactly, you may be referring to when you mention the habit that you do not share with your systemmates."

Uhm. The hand-on-waist thing. That was the habit.

Based on the things you brought up about us from two years ago, I'm going to say our habits and body language have mostly blended together by this point. We're just too used to doing things like Lumi. Especially Lucilyn; although she's more active (just, being around different places) than us, I wouldn't call her outwardly hyper, something she had to tone down on purpose. In the wonderland or a lucid dream, we would retain our own unique habits, though. Same way we instantly switch between speaking like ourselves here or like Lumi around his friends.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

Guest anonymous2

"I am left wondering what, exactly, you may be referring to when you mention the habit that you do not share with your systemmates."

Uhm. The hand-on-waist thing. That was the habit.

Ah. I misinterpreted your post at first. I apologise.

Based on the things you brought up about us from two years ago, I'm going to say our habits and body language have mostly blended together by this point. We're just too used to doing things like Lumi. Especially Lucilyn; although she's more active (just, being around different places) than us, I wouldn't call her outwardly hyper, something she had to tone down on purpose. In the wonderland or a lucid dream, we would retain our own unique habits, though. Same way we instantly switch between speaking like ourselves here or like Lumi around his friends.

Do you regret this development? Personally, I cherish the individual expression of tulpas, and body language is surely a telling manner of expressing oneself. Between Anon and me, many customary habits are performed identically, such as visiting the toilet or washing our hands. However, the similarities somewhat end there.

Mm. That thing about me sitting differently is interesting, I don't remember that. Lucilyn probably started our habit of switching positions so often, since we apparently didn't use to do that. Anyways, it's a result of getting used to acting like Lumi, so I can't say it shouldn't have happened. I don't believe our individual mannerisms when not switched have been affected, just as our speech patterns are the same here despite us speaking like him outside of .info.

Guest anonymous2

It is an interesting development, at least; that is, employing very different mannerisms in the body that have adjusted over time. It seems to have been the opposite in the case of Anon and me: our actions have been more similar in the beginning of my existence, and have gradually become more unique as we have aged. Of course, that is likely due to the fact that we have purposefully sought to differentiate ourselves from each other.