Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

Do you really expect my host to read all of LZ's textwalls?

We do read them, but you don't have to. I'd say you kinda have to to participate in the thread, but you didn't know that that was about the thread, so..

My host was having a discussion with Melian about the state of the forums and he decided to butt into it.

He responded because Melian was talking explicitly about him, you knew that too with "Now I see what you're talking about". And what they were both referring to was the Beetle in a box thread. So that's what I was talking about, sorry you were out of the loop.

So you admit that it can't be scientific, and yet you want to make it scientific?

The word scientific got brought up here, but he's not "trying to be scientific", he's just trying to discuss stuff. We tend to call it philosophy, not science. The science is in the spirit of trying to find answers for knowledge's sake, I think.

You're trying to turn this phenomenon into something it's not and that you know it can't be

What would that be? Say what he said it was, and don't say science. If you say science you gotta go to his beetle thread and quote where he said so. The thread was discussing how we can communicate our qualia despite the not-literally-being-someone-else-to-experience-what-they-do thing. Like, with words, and comparisons to others' experiences. And stuff.

Well I'm done too I'm outta stuff to say.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Don't worry. I'll stop. I know the next response from them will be a form of bullying. But should the day come when there are more members that use those terms from the Scientific community, I will be the least of their concerns. But they have that convenience of not worrying about this, which is why they can engage in circle jerks rather than contributing to the community.

No my goal is not to just bully or insult Linkzelda. We did not wake up in the morning to do that and it was never really something we wanted. Your right Mistgod and I do have the convenience of "not worrying about it" though.

Mistgod and I honestly get tired of the "contribute to the community" bull. That's another one we are adding to our list of things that are unimpressive. It is always the catch phrase that people throw out at someone they don't like or cant abide or that they deem as non-conformist. "They don't contribute to the community and are circle jerking."

I do want to apologize to everyone about Mistgod and I being so negative lately. We are going through some emotional turmoil at home and it is reflecting onto our writing on the forum. We meant, from the heart, everything that we wrote however. You can take it to the bank. But it was like all our negative and dark was turned on and all the light and happy turned completely to OFF.

Once again Mistgod and Melian are the spark for major drama. I hope no one will rage quit the forum over it this time. Most should know by now to ignore most of what we write when it gets too whiny.

So you admit that it can't be scientific, and yet you want to make it scientific? Do you even realize how much you contradict yourself?

It's one thing to want to validate something empirically, but it's another to use those scientific presumptions to understand about something, and as a supplement. We can correlate things to come to an understanding while not really caring in proving something.

I insult you because you're hilarious, dude. You're trying to turn this phenomenon into something it's not and that you know it can't be, and you sit here and say that you pity me? I can smell your greasy fedora from here guy. Tup more, armchair less.

No one is turning this into something it's not. I know it cannot be measured scientifically. But that doesn't mean other means, i.e., philosophy, and other soft sciences that deal with the abstract, and mental are thrown out of the window as well. Also, you don't have to tell me to "tup" more, as I need to know what it means for you to "tup" more. Then, we can start comparing, if you wanted to.

Guest Anonymous

Sorry for filling up your thread Melian, I'm done.

No worries, I loved all of it. The exchange was a good one and I loved your points and how you boiled down Lizkzelda speak. That is precisely how Mistgod and I have been feeling. We did make the mistake of coming into Linkzelda's threads, which we don't fully comprehend, derailing them a bit, and writing about ourselves.

Kinda like we do on most threads, even our own. LOL

It's one thing to want to validate something empirically, but it's another to use those scientific presumptions to understand about something, and as a supplement. We can correlate things to come to an understanding while not really caring in proving something.

Yeah but your smarty pants "correlations" have totally failed to help you really understand how Mistgod-Melian function. We seem beyond your comprehension. To you it is impossible for us to function the way we describe ourselves. But you just can't see past your own wall. That's okay Linkzelda.

Pink Floyd The Wall has become your theme songs in our mind. We do that, we get theme music, as I have explained before. Yours is Pink Floyd, the Wall, any song in the album, but especially "Comfortably Numb."

[video=youtube]

Hello?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone at home?

Come on, now,

I hear you're feeling down.

Well I can ease your pain

Get you on your feet again.

Relax.

I'll need some information first.

Just the basic facts.

Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding

A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.

You are only coming through in waves.

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.

When I was a child I had a fever

My hands felt just like two balloons.

Now I've got that feeling once again

I can't explain you would not understand

This is not how I am.

I have become comfortably numb.

O.K.

Just a little pinprick.

There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah!

But you may feel a little sick.

Can you stand up?

I do believe it's working, good.

That'll keep you going through the show

Come on it's time to go.

There is no pain you are receding

A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.

You are only coming through in waves.

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.

When I was a child

I caught a fleeting glimpse

Out of the corner of my eye.

I turned to look but it was gone

I cannot put my finger on it now

The child is grown,

The dream is gone.

I have become comfortably numb.

@Melian

Yeah, it's getting really tiring trying to keep up with anything he says, so it's easier to break it down into simple language. Which leads me to my actual point of posting, now that I've gotten some sleep...

@LinkZelda

Look, you keep going on about how I don't understand all your big scientific community words and that it makes me lazy and stupid. News flash: This is a public forum and not everyone here is a scientist or a psych major, and they might not care enough about all the mumbo jumbo to warrant looking it all up.

For example, let's say I know someone who doesn't give a damn about cars. They need their brakes done, but they're broke and want to do it themselves to save money. I come in to guide them through it.

I'm not going to tell them, "Remove the caliper and be careful not to kink or pull the jumper line". I'm going to tell them, "Remove the thing that goes over the disc with the pads in it and be careful not to kink or pull the little rubber hose". I wouldn't say "Don't lose the banjo bolt", I'd say "Don't lose the bolt with the hole in it".

You act like it's impossible to have a scientific, philosophical discussion using layman's terms that everyone will understand. You belittle the people who don't get it, or care enough to "look it up", calling them lazy, ignorant, entitled to spoon feeding. By doing that you're just alienating all the people in the community who would otherwise be willing to have a discussion with you. There's absolutely no need to speak like we all have British accents and wear monocles just to get our point across. There's no reason to write a novel for something that can be summed up a couple quick and dirty sentences.

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.

I MAD.

Why so frustrated? Because someone speaks in a way that you don't? Maybe I'm just wierd, but I don't tend to get offended about LZ's posts. I don't go through every one, but I kind of appreciate his flavor.

I can go and write a whole wall of text in the vein aboit how horribad tulpa.info is because whatever reasons, but that's all really unnecessary. I think the issue I'm seeing just stems from a few things:

1. Dudes spending too much time on the internet.

2. Dudes getting too invested to the point where minor disagreements turn in to huge flame wars.

Maybe the solution would be to step away from the keyboard and do other things for a while. It's not impossible to have a nice conversation about tups. I've had plenty myself, but so many people nowadays are so bitter and sensitive that you have to tip toe like a ballerina or else face text wrath. It gets kind of silly after a while, you all know?

But hey, that's just me. I don't post much, despite being on the same account for years now. I try to dodge drama when I can, or difuse it if possible. I haven't been posting here much recently either, but it's not because I hold a bunch of bitterness against people who make tulpa, or look down on their reasons for doing so. Rather, to be frank, it's because I didn't find much around that caught my eye here, since a decent chunk of that stuff is Mist&Mel's magical internet self discovery journey/Mist&Mel thinks everybody is roleplaying and chaffes with people who aren't. Maybe I'm old fashioned in that sense, but it is kind of nice to talk about tulpa making and further developing tulpa with the like minded without slogging through repetative skeptic topics, and rons of justifications for whatever. I do very much enjoy people who are willing and curious about how things work, and have enjoyed that from the get go. There's a strange cloud of bitterness over everything nowadays, and even as the most volatile people have left, remaining users insist on continuing to hold on to those negative feelings, and push them on to users who haven't done anything really offensive (Like I see happening with LZ).

Then there's the weirdos who make tulpa and then write like it was a huge mistake except, they enjoy it daily and are just posturing for the internet. I'm not sure where this stuff came from, but I've found it to be the most obnoxious of recent trends bar none.Reminds me of Jean-luc's thread about good reasons for making tulpa; I'll admit when I responded, my feathers were ruffled, because I found the whole idea both annoying and hypocritical.

I'll stop now. This is Mist&Mel's thread, and I should not be venting here.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Guest Anonymous

Sock always has this parental way of making me feel wayward. I would point out however that part of the problem is Melian and I are doing a third to half the new threads.

The recent skeptical posts were attempting to counter and deflate the pervasive "we are scientific so we know everything" delusion. Why We are Skeptical

Also I disagree that unconscious parroting is impossible. That's not skepticism, it is disagreement.

The best solution is for other people to start posting while Melian and I shut up for a few days at least. Good bye. (Modify that, we won't write skeptical criticism or be overly confrontational.)

I'm not going to tell them, "Remove the caliper and be careful not to kink or pull the jumper line". I'm going to tell them, "Remove the thing that goes over the disc with the pads in it and be careful not to kink or pull the little rubber hose". I wouldn't say "Don't lose the banjo bolt", I'd say "Don't lose the bolt with the hole in it".

This is non-sequential. This is related to steps for a car repair. We’re not here to fix insta-bake tulpas, or tulpas that come pre-packaged, and need maintenance. Horrible analogy. Especially in regards to inner experiences, it's not that easy to do a 123 step on how to have an inner experience.

You act like it's impossible to have a scientific, philosophical discussion using layman's terms that everyone will understand.

Okay. I heavily encourage you to start threads on those philosophical discussions using layman’s terms in the future. If you can believe it’s possible for anyone else, even me, then it should be really easy for you to do. I would love to engage in those discussions.

You belittle the people who don't get it, or care enough to "look it up", calling them lazy, ignorant, entitled to spoon feeding.

That’s because you never asked. You instead hide in a circlejerk. Maybe you’re just afraid of asking questions, but I did make it clear in threads that if clarification is needed, they should be vocal about it. There’s an implied etiquette in the forum that was made in a thread that if there’s a misunderstanding, than simply ask. If you don’t ask, then how can you expect to get a response? I can’t know what’s going on in that person’s head.

And yes, there are people that want to be spoon fed, especially the help vampires. But that’s a completely different issue.

By doing that you're just alienating all the people in the community who would otherwise be willing to have a discussion with you.

The forum has been nothing but a shell of its former self these past few years. If you can predict that this is going to be the fate of the forum, then okay, I’ll take your ability to see into future at face value. What I see being alienated is all the people who have their eyes bled for anything more than a paragraph. We need to have more people that can at least read a book without crying, at least once for their life.

There's absolutely no need to speak like we all have British accents and wear monocles just to get our point across.

How do you even know that I even speak with that accent? Are those words exclusive to British people? That seems a bit biased, and stereotypical, honestly. If that’s the only context you’ve seen people use these words on, then that’s based on your upbringing and where you’re located, I guess. But there’s more people in the world than those with British accents.

There's no reason to write a novel for something that can be summed up a couple quick and dirty sentences.

Then I encourage you to start discussions with quick and concise wording, and see if more lights will start triggering. I would love to see how you can sum up a solipsism thread, I would love to see how you would sum up a p-zombie thread. I would love to see how you can start a discussion thread with a 1-3 sentence summary, and expect people to have profound discussions other than them thinking the person is just making a statement vs. a call to action.

I want to see you do this, because you seem to have the setup for it. I’m not going to go against members that can do this.

Guest Anonymous

Okay, for Sock's sake, and for the sake of all who are tired of the negativity, Melian and I are suspending (for now) or brutal campaign of skeptical criticism of tulpamancy practice and dogma. If we write anything at all it will be positive or at least neutral.

Final Word (one last dig): Everyone already knows where we stand on the subject of imagination, tulpa creation, sentience, and unconscious parroting. Everyone knows we do not follow lock step and are non-conformists and black sheep. It is firmly and proudly and arrogantly established. We like being contrary, and disturbers of established order and stubbornly refuse to believe. We are pretentious special snowflakes with limited respect for the science and proper standards of tulpamancy practice.

But we will give it all a very long rest. We will (try to) write about ourselves only in appropriate places and times, if it is not confrontational in nature. Long live the Holy Temple of Tulpa Creation and Academy of Tulpa Super Skills Advancement.

Melian will continue to occasionally declare herself a tulpa when she is in one of her temporary moods to be a tulpa. Carry on tulpa geeks, and may the forcing be with you!

This is non-sequential. This is related to steps for a car repair. We’re not here to fix insta-bake tulpas, or tulpas that come pre-packaged, and need maintenance. Horrible analogy. Especially in regards to inner experiences, it's not that easy to do a 123 step on how to have an inner experience.

How do you even know that I even speak with that accent? Are those words exclusive to British people? That seems a bit biased, and stereotypical, honestly. If that’s the only context you’ve seen people use these words on, then that’s based on your upbringing and where you’re located, I guess. But there’s more people in the world than those with British accents.

For someone who accuses people of taking things out of context, you sure are good at taking things out of context. I swear you're just trying to piss me off now. It was supposed to show that simpl...no, I shouldn't have to explain this shit again. If you're so capable and intelligent, you re-read it and figure it out.

What I see being alienated is all the people who have their eyes bled for anything more than a paragraph. We need to have more people that can at least read a book without crying, at least once for their life.

And there you go acting like you're so superior again. You try repeatedly to deflect accusations that you're not the one with the superiority complex, but then look down from your mighty mountain on someone who doesn't have the patience to sift through a series of 5 thick books just so you can get to a single point.

>Then YOU write things in layman's terms.

Now why would I bother doing that when you've already proven, see above, that you're just going to take it all out of context and not understand it anyway? I'm so sorry you can't understand my unintelligible lower class gibberish. I'm sorry for not being brought up in a rich family that could send me to Yale, and I'm sorry for not giving enough of a damn anyway that I could communicate with someone as educated and well read as you.

Do you even get why I called you out in the first place? For treating people and their tulpas like lab rats without asking. Calling people "case studies", casting judgement, telling people that they treat their thoughtform like "utter shit" because they operate differently, when you know nothing about them. Do you honestly not see how things like that might rub someone the wrong way?

Screw you dude, get over yourself. Inb4 internet tough guy, but if you started talking that shit about Hex face to face with me you'd get intimate with my right hook real fast. If we were switched and you talked shit about me, I'm sure you'd find her hook just as potent.

Well, I can end this with something I said earlier.

I've already walked away once out of frustration, but Hex has still been by my side the entire time we were gone. It makes no difference in the long run if the forums exist or not.

I'm also sure there are people who are serious, get things to work, get what they need out of the forums, and then leave with their tups and never come back. They fall into the possible couple hundred or so sentient tulpas that might be out there.

So I guess we'll be falling into that category. When I came back, Hex asked me why I felt the need to start posting here again while giving me a look of disapproval. I really need to start listening to my girl more. I may as well start now.

Much love to Mist & Mel.

It's best to just call me Beany.

Tupper: Hexferry / d.o.b.: 11/04/2015

Hex will speak in italics, if she decides to.