Living Imagination (A Median Aspect in Tulpa Land)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

For the record, our poor visualization definitely applies to our imposition. However, we're relatively practiced at imposition, and our sense of presence is very strong. When we say we have someone imposed we may not see them perfectly clearly, but as far as we're concerned they're effectively there without a doubt. The body responds to their imposed presence even if we don't necessarily have great tactile imposing ability, ie it "feels like they're there" even if it doesn't literally feel like they're there, mainly with contact. The body stops appropriately when it meets theirs, like say we push our hands together, even though we don't hallucinate the feeling very well it feels like our hand came to a stop for a reason.

... "We have a strong sense of presence in our imposition."

I could very easily convince myself that Melian is in the room if I started practicing it.  But I doubt very much I could make it anything better than a dream like image or impression.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you find me some quotes of people implying they have visible-and-tactilely-real-as-a-real-human-being-24-7-everywhere-you-go tulpas? I swear you get into fights with ideas in your head and act like they're all over the forum.

Of course if you're hearing this in the IRC or a chat room.. Well. Maybe mention you aren't talking about the forum, because I don't associate with any of them but I do associate with this this specific community.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Yes.  AGGuy specifically, but there have been others.  In fact, I don't even believe in near perfect imposition.  I think it is all a lie.

How many people are saying that? Imposition is easy for long periods of time, so long as your host is paying attention to you. And I think full tactile imposition is possible, with the caveat that your physical hand will pass through your projected body really easily if you are not careful. And I know that realistic 3D movement is possible since I do that all the time.

I don't see anyone making stronger claims than that.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

I don't believe most of these claims actually. I think maybe it is just day dreaming.

I don't believe most of these claims actually.  I think maybe it is just day dreaming.

I don't know what there is to not believe. What does day dreaming even mean in that context? I assure you most people are relatively focused while working on imposition. Imposition isn't a magical term, it means you're convincing your mind to react to stimulus that isn't there. Tactile imposition means you feel like you're actually touching something effectively, like how you see your tulpa in open air effectively. At no point does your tulpa normally block your vision, nor will they block your movement. But that doesn't stop you from feeling like they're there.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I don't believe most of these claims actually. I think maybe it is just day dreaming.

Why not? Everyone's brain is different. Perhaps it's just something that takes a lot of practice, with some needing less practice than others. You already do hallucinate daily with your brain filling in blind spots and seeing things in the dark. Why couldn't that be extended with concentrated effort? Hallucinations certainly are a real thing that happen, and in some cases can be indistinguishable from reality (the definition of schizophrenia). Is it not at least possible that one could 'overlay' on top of what's really there to add in their tulpas? Difficult? Hell yeah. Impossible? I don't think so.

If tulpas are such an incredible and profound experience, why do so many people have this problem of forgetting to think about their tulpa or lack motivation to spend time with them?

I doubt very many people say both of these things at the same time. With constant vigilance (which I lack) in practice, many say they get to an incredible and profound experience. In the beginning, not so much. And again, everyone's different.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

I never said these things are impossible.  I just said I don't believe many of the claims I am reading on this forum.  It is plausible that aliens are living inside the moon and monitoring humans too.   That doesn't mean it is likely to be happening.  Plausibility and probability are too different things.  

Day dreaming is different from hallucinating.  They are not the same thing.  I believe it is much more plausible and likely that people are convincing themselves of something and then filling in the rest with hype, exaggeration and wishful thinking.  I think tulpamancy is a pseudo-science, and religion like in nature, as I have said before many times.  

Occam's razor.  The simplest hypothesis, with the least number of assumptions, is the most likely to be the correct one.  I think most people here are doing an extremely immersive form of day dreaming, just like I am doing.  There is no more to it than that.  This goes back to the first week I was on this forum I was saying the exact same thing then.  That is what I meant by "unconscious role playing."  

I have never felt tulpas were "real" and some kind of mysterious projections of mental power thinking on their own and dancing around the room like a hologram.  That is nothing but a pseudo-science fantasy.  There is no way for me to prove it of course, and that is the beauty of tulpamancy.  It is conveniently subjective and cannot be falsified.  It shares those traits with other pseudo-sciences and religions.  

I believe in the power of imagination.  It is amazing what the human mind can do.  But I don't believe in sentient hallucinations created through meditation and talking to an imaginary friend all day.  I think that such a thing is highly unlikely to exist.  What I have is very practiced day dreaming/ fantasizing and waking dreams.  Melian is a internal emotional desire that is so significant and emotional she just seems very real.  But it is just myself, as I have said many times.  

I am so sorry that I have never been able to be convinced or to be able to accomplish what others say is so real.  Yes, I know it is "subjectively real" for people in their own minds.  That is just another fancy way of saying they are delusional about things.

So here's a question: do you think it's plausible for someone with lots of practice to impose an inanimate object (let's say a die) into their perception of the real world such that they see the (imagined/imposed/hallucinated) die along with all the other things in the room whereever they happen to be? They would know it's fake/imagined and that other people can't see it, but would still be able to see it with their eye (as opposed to their mind's eye)

Do you think this is plausible?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

Yes it is plausible. I can imagine it would take a very long time and would be volatile (subject to fading or disappearing). But the same die dancing around and talking to you would be completely another level. I find it very hard to believe that people are coming onto the internet, reading some hippy guides and then creating perfect hallucinations on their spare time within a matter of days or weeks. I think people are making it up somehow. If they are sincere in their reports, and not embellishing them (highly unlikely they are not embellishing) then they are deluding themselves somehow. I believe most of the people writing on this forum are day dreaming and role playing.

I have this love/hate thing going on with tulpamancy. In so many ways I can relate to it, which is why I am here. But it drives me crazy because I think people are exaggerating, embellishing and following the leader. The worst part of it is the way imagination is disregarded or played down and trivialized, when I believe it is absolutely a core ingredient to tulpamancy.

I have no where else to go that is anything like tulpa info. But I have often thought about leaving out of frustration, being disillusioned and disappointed. I don't like the emphasis on "sentience" with tulpas, I think it is stupid. I encourages people to exaggerate and embellish. I know the emphasis is on autonomy and independence and not sentience many will say. But by autonomy and independence, people mean real and sentient.

I write about getting flash visions and little playback sentences and some think it is weak when I am simply telling the truth without embellishment. I write about emotions and role playing and immersive day dreaming because that is what I am doing. Yet I always feel like it is a sin here to write about that.

Then I have to read the unbelievable reports from someone in high school or just out of high school, who has been working on a tulpa (super imaginary friend) for a matter of days or weeks in between time playing video games and eating junk food. Their tulpas are dancing around the room with them, touching them, hugging them and so amazingly real and independent. They are possessing the body and switching to the wonderland and levitating shooting rainbows out of their ass.

It sucks and I am tired of it.